Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Beware Ledermanz Custom Steering Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S500
Beware Ledermanz Custom Steering Wheels

There is a custom steering wheel vendor on Ebay called "Ledermanz" out of Latvia. I purchased a custom wheel from them under the promise I would have it in 2-3 weeks. In reality it took almost 3 months to receive and then the stripe in the middle of the wheel was not centered. Asked the vendor to make the necessary repairs and they refused unless I paid them to remake the steering wheel. Absolutely unprofessional and a lesson learned the hard way on my part.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:43 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Report them to eBay. Too late to get your money back, but they should know too. Sorry about your experience.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55AMG
Hey David Schmitz, stop lying on forums please.
We are trusted powerseller. We are making best quality steeering wheels.
We never scam to anybody. You can check all the forums and our ebay feedback.(except 2 left by you here and Corvette forum)
You was asking us to make changes for FREE of charge.
You was asking to make new wheel without any band and won't pay for it.

He is blackmailer, also rude and all the requirements are inappropriate. Everybody just keep in mind before deal with him. Ebay nick named: Chevyave
Old 07-04-2020, 12:14 AM

S500
Wow, you reply after almost a year to this thread.

In short Alex aka Ledermanz, provided a custom steering wheel that was shipped 6-weeks over due and the center stripe at the top of the wheel was almost 1/4" off center. You were politely asked to make the proper repairs and refused with a bunch of crazy email responses littered with profanity. I then had to pay another vendor $1,000 to fix your work. You then come on this forum accusing me of being a blackmailer and rude. It is vendors like you that should be avoided at all cost, but since you have decided to dredge this all up again, I will ask you again will you compensate me for the repairs to fix your faulty workmanship? You now have an audience on this forum, so please explain to us all your solution to resolve this issue. Please keep in mind I have every email and pictures of your workmanship and will not hesitate to add a drop box link to this thread for all to review and use to further evaluate your company and customer service.

So again Alex will you compensate me for the repairs to my steering wheel that you refused to fix yourself?
Old 07-06-2020, 05:19 AM

clk55AMG
You got got the item from us as described. You got a top quality masterpice from us. Then you was trying to manipulate us, was blacmailed, then got you money back via paypal.
The procecess with your wheel did longer because as you remember - you was on vocation, and you never respond to the messages we sent, I just got an automatic respond from you saying you are on vocation, when I wrote you about order details. Now you are saying we delayed it.
Then when you received it, you was asking for new wheel without band because you don't like the band. But it's fully new wheel from zero. The difference in 12 o clock position band of 0,01mm you found - is not a reason to make you another wheel for free of charge. You had to say: guys, I decided to go with another design, please make me a new steering wheel without a 12 o'clock band, as I do not like it. But you never did this way and started telling that the item we sent is defective.
Even after you got full refund you did not stop manipulate us.
And I want to say, before you start providing more photos and infos here, do not take it out from the context most important things.
And again, for sure, I would recommend NOT to deal with this person to any seller.
Actually you are a thief who did stole our money, because you did not pay for the works we did.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:06 AM

clk55AMG
your naisty messages is a proof that you still try to manipulate us with your blackmailing.
You as well as any other is welcome to deal with us but within the framework of established rules and reasonable and ethical standards.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:47 AM

S500
Alex, if you continue to lie about this transaction I will continue to provide evidence of every mistruth. To that avail continue to respond to this thread because you just keep digging a deeper hole that will eventually bury you completely.

In short, this vendor has not made a single accurate statement and anyone considering their services needs to be very cautious. I spent several months trying to get them to warrant their work and when it became obvious that would not be possible a dispute was opened with my credit card company. My credit card company investigated the situation and were also surprised by the unprofessionalism of this company. However, since this company did ship a steering wheel to me, defective as it was, my credit card company still released payment on November 14th, so they were paid in full. Below is a email exchange with this vendor explaining the issue and after these exchanges the vendor persisted with more bizarre responses lined in profanity. I truly believe Alex has some kind of bipolar disorder because one day he would seem reasonable and then the next I would get emails reversing our agreement again lined in profanity. If the moderator of this forum would like more detailed evidence of this vendor please reach out to me through a PM and I will be more than happy to provide a mountain of detail about the dealings with this vendor.

Sample Email Exchanges With Vendor:

Alex,

I must say your response below is one of the most unprofessional I have ever received from a vendor. The delay was not my fault because you gave me several excuses from your employees being sick and or on vacation. You only finished the project after I asked you to “kindly” return my unfinished steering wheel. At this juncture it appears you are unwilling to stand behind your work and my time is not worth the argument. However, I will be forwarding your response to both Ebay, PayPal and national forums as a sample of your credibility, so future customers can make their own determination as to your products and professionalism. The car community for your type of services is relatively small, so you might want to reevaluate your tone and attitude.

Regards,

David Schmitz

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:49 AM
To: dschmitz fts-dfw.com <dschmitz@fts-dfw.com>
Subject: RE: 2013 Corvette Steering Wheel

you did not respond for 10 day! only what we got - a message from you that you are on vocation! So the delay was from your side. You now asking something unbelovable, why you are so picky about our wheels? Dodge wheels originally are 10 poorly made - you did not tell them to remake anything....Also AMG wheels sometimes with NOT perfect 12 pos band, its HAND MADE!!!!!

NOTHING will be remaked for free of charge! If you like to remove stripe - you have to pay!
We can fix it without re-wrapping if you will ship - but the stripe will stay there.
We make perfect wheels - if you do not like our quality or our 12 o'clock rings you have to find something else elswhere.
And are you sure your tire presure is same on all 4 wheels before you make such measurings?

----- Reply to message -----

Subject: RE: 2013 Corvette Steering Wheel
Date: вт, 27 авг. 2019, 18:40
To: grigul@inbox.lv grigul@inbox.lv

Alex,

There is no doubt the stripe is off center and I am more than happy to ship it back to you for repair. However, I need your assurance it will be taken care of in a timely manner because I can’t have the wheel gone for another 2-months. If it makes it easier on your side I am more than willing to accept the wheel with the stripe removed.

Please confirm upon receipt how long it will take you to fix and return the wheel and we will go from there.

Best Regards,

David Schmitz

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:46 AM
To: dschmitz fts-dfw.com <dschmitz@fts-dfw.com>
Subject: Re: 2013 Corvette Steering Wheel

if you really think this is a problem that needs to be resolved - you can ship it back and we will check, as per your photo nothing wrong there, if something will be wrong - we will repair

----- Reply to message -----

Subject: Re: 2013 Corvette Steering Wheel
Date: вт, 27 авг. 2019, 04:55
To: grigul@inbox.lv <grigul@inbox.lv>

Alex,

I installed the steering wheel and the center stripe is about 1/8-1/4” too far to the left and not centered on the wheel. I have provided a photo illustrating where the center of the stripe should have been placed for your reference.

Please let me know how you want to resolve this.

David Schmitz

Last edited by chevyave; 07-07-2020 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the email paragraph.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:07 AM

clk55AMG
Oh you still continue threaten us. Unique shameless person.I won't spent my time to this anymore.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:16 PM

S500
Alex, what a surprise. Got caught in yet another lie and now you don't want to waste anymore of your "time". How about you stand behind your product and reimburse me for the repairs you refused to fix yourself. You sir are the shameless person and I am glad this thread has been viewed by more than 400 people and hopefully some of them have taken their business elsewhere.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:45 AM

clk55AMG
You forgot that you got all your money back. Shameless person, blacmailer and a thief -3 main of the many of your qualities that I have revealed about you.
Got an item for free of any charge and asks for more money. Unique person.
Each your email engendered by blackmail and manipulation to get what you need.
Forget about it, till you communicate in this manner.
You are not a boss, chief, king or my president.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:36 AM

S500
Alex, part of your problem is you don't read or comprehend messages sent to you. Maybe if I put this in bold text you will be able to see this. You were paid in-full November 14th. As a result, all of this nonsense calling me a thief and blackmailer is 100% false. You are a terrible business man and I have requested a statement from my credit card company (Discover) to prove you were paid in full. You might want to check your records, if you keep any, and then you can issue an apology to me on this forum. Otherwise as soon as I receive the statement from Discover I am going to post it on this forum to illustrate the fraud that you truly are. Ball is in your court to admit you are wrong.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:10 PM

S500
Alex, still waiting for my apology. Be a man and admit you were wrong.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 458 Likes on 374 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
I would like to see a picture of the steering wheel with the 12 o'clock stripe.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:01 PM

S500
The steering wheel was fixed 6 months ago by another supplier after Alex refused to correct his work, so I don’t have any pictures of the original steering wheel. However, the error was obvious because the wheel had an arrow embossed in the hud indicating the center of the wheel. The stripe was 1/4” off center which made the wheel look off-center whenever the car was driven. The problem with dealing with Euro companies is as long as everything comes delivered as promised the only thing you have to deal with is the overstated delivery time. In my case the promise was 3-weeks and the reality was almost 10-weeks. Then if something is not constructed correctly they already have your money and just make excuses. That is exactly how Alex conducted himself and thus the reason for this thread.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 458 Likes on 374 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
I thought you sent him pictures of it showing the strip off center?
Old 07-15-2020, 12:35 PM

S500
The only picture I have are below. The first is the finished wheel and it is a bit misleading because the steering wheel is cocked to the right in the picture making the center stripe appear closer to center. When the wheel is actually mounted on the car the stripe is cocked 1/4" to the left. The second picture shows the entire cover removed and due to the construction the original cover could not be simply moved over because the center stripe is actually embedded into the structure of the wheel design. The error Alex made was not lining the stripe with the arrow marked on the hub of the wheel. If this would not have been done this would not have been an issue. Alex was asked to fix this issue and after 3-months of some of the most unprofessional emails I had a vendor in the US redo the steering wheel and now it is perfect.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:24 AM

m113k
well well
Old 07-29-2020, 07:35 AM

m113k
I’d like to take an opportunity to share my opinion.
Looks like someone really just trying to manipulate and mislead. Maybe a competitor?
We have no problems with Ledermanz what so ever.
Working for 5 years. Amazing team. And best quality. We could't not find such quality in America for any money. As well as in Ebay, Ledermanz provides best steering wheels.
Would like to see that 'vendor' job, that is better than Ledermanz did.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:38 AM

S500
Look someone that just joined the forum as of July 2020 (ClassyBenzDrive) with an opinion and broken english. So, Alex do you want to take back all your false statements about not being paid for the original steering wheel? How about paying for the repairs to make the steering wheel right? You are a fraud and your company should be avoided at all costs. Want to change my opinion? Stand behind your product.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:56 AM

m113k
Looks like something wrong with you man. Try hospital or sanatorium. As per all your topics can be seen that you got your steering wheel then full refund. If you have received full refund - why you asking for extra money? Scammmer,stop your fraud!
Old 07-29-2020, 11:04 AM

S500
Well done Alex with yet another assumed name AKA ClassyBenzDrive. All you are doing by dragging this along is further hurting your business. By the way you were paid 100% in full and I have the documents from Discover to prove it. You sir are the only scammer, fraud and thief.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:12 PM

clk55AMG
after all the things you told about us - for sure we won't deal with you anymore ever. But if it will happens at any way - only as follow: you pay for 1st wheel we did for you, and then you pay for another wheel you want to order.
1st wheel was one of a kind! 0.1mm band different does not make any scence. All the steering wheel its a hand job. You can check for example new benz wheels they often have a little bit uncentered band. Because its genuine leather+hand work.You do not understand in this technology.
Below I will upload a photo showing that you get your refund.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:16 PM

clk55AMG

Old 07-29-2020, 01:20 PM

clk55AMG
So, you got your steering wheel made by us and you got a full refund. So you got a customized steering wheel for free of charge. Actually, you stolen our money. And after it I am a scammer, fraud and thief. What you are trying now I can't understand.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:21 PM

S500
Alex, in the above email you admit the band was not centered, which you never fixed. Then you state you refunded my money, which is untrue. As a result, when I prove you were paid in full and I never received a refund are you willing to then refund my money??? Simple question and I am sure the forum would love to see your response.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beware Ledermanz Custom Steering Wheels