Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

My thoughts on the 2019 E450 wagon thus far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 01:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 e450 wagon. 2017 infiniti Q60. 2006 e350 wagon.
My thoughts on the 2019 E450 wagon thus far

Good stuff:
Fast and smooth. 0 to 60 feels like sub 5 seconds. 0 to 30 feels instant. Good looking. Although i still like to look at my 2006 e350 wagon just as much.

Handles better than my sporty coupe.

Unlike some other benz', you can drive a big luxurious ride and not look like your trying to prove something to the world bc hey, its a wagon.

Stuff that's neither good or bad:
headlight show when you start the car.
seats are good enough. vents dont feel particularly cool. The benchmark is GMs seats which blow icy cold air, but hey at least theyre still vented.

bad stuff:
completely unecessary tech that doesnt seem to work alot of the time that i know is going to stop working someday. Parktronic. adaptive headlights. Foot swipe boot opener. Automatic seat belt tensioner. I could go on.

Some of the plastic feels cheap. My 06 didnt have any of.this. even the lining of the umpteen storage compartments were cloth or felt. For $80k there should be nothing that feels cheap, not even the lining of the door compartments.

Storage under the front seats no longer exist. No cd player or rear sun visors for my kids. Yeah, i buy cds. Nothing makes me happier than going to the record store and picking some new releases.or limited.vinyl.

Doors do not stay open if youre on the slightest hill or slanted driveway. Crushed my shins multiple times. Can the doors be tightened? Boot cover/pet net apparatus and the rear head rests dont fold down anymore. Why??

Any one else think their older benz' were better in many ways?

The following users liked this post:
chassis (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 09:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Thanks for the balanced reviews.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 245 Likes on 225 Posts
'99 CLK/05 E500 WAG
I viewed a E450 wagon last week, and compare to E500 wagon of course it's different, however I truly like my wagon. Gobs of power, and still looks the part. Maybe one day I'll venture into the 63s wagon, but for now I'm ok.
2MERKS
chassis (03-06-2020)
Old 02-12-2022, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 wagon
I've had my CPO'd 2019 E450 wagon for a couple months. Love it so far. I figured, correctly, the last of the COMAND infotainment tech would work more reliably than the glitchy, balky MBUX in my (sold) 2020 GLS 450-- pleased to report everything has worked 100%.

One small nitpick: I sometimes notice the reflection of the boot floor's plastic "chrome" handle in my rear-view mirror. Any fix suggestions out there? Is there an OEM beige floor liner or mat that'd eliminate that reflection? It's just a minor distraction. If that's the worst this car does me, it might go down in history as the finest car I've owned. Fingers crossed!
chassis (02-12-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 10:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,919 Likes on 3,085 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Eric24onMBW
I've had my CPO'd 2019 E450 wagon for a couple months. Love it so far. I figured, correctly, the last of the COMAND infotainment tech would work more reliably than the glitchy, balky MBUX in my (sold) 2020 GLS 450-- pleased to report everything has worked 100%.

One small nitpick: I sometimes notice the reflection of the boot floor's plastic "chrome" handle in my rear-view mirror. Any fix suggestions out there? Is there an OEM beige floor liner or mat that'd eliminate that reflection? It's just a minor distraction. If that's the worst this car does me, it might go down in history as the finest car I've owned. Fingers crossed!
Nothing on MBUSA but Weathertech offers something: https://www.weathertech.com/mercedes...d-surround/no/
Eric24onMBW (02-12-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 wagon
Thanks!
chassis (02-12-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 01:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c63
Originally Posted by jjjoekim
Good stuff:
Fast and smooth. 0 to 60 feels like sub 5 seconds. 0 to 30 feels instant. Good looking. Although i still like to look at my 2006 e350 wagon just as much.

Handles better than my sporty coupe.

Unlike some other benz', you can drive a big luxurious ride and not look like your trying to prove something to the world bc hey, its a wagon.

Stuff that's neither good or bad:
headlight show when you start the car.
seats are good enough. vents dont feel particularly cool. The benchmark is GMs seats which blow icy cold air, but hey at least theyre still vented.

bad stuff:
completely unecessary tech that doesnt seem to work alot of the time that i know is going to stop working someday. Parktronic. adaptive headlights. Foot swipe boot opener. Automatic seat belt tensioner. I could go on.

Some of the plastic feels cheap. My 06 didnt have any of.this. even the lining of the umpteen storage compartments were cloth or felt. For $80k there should be nothing that feels cheap, not even the lining of the door compartments.

Storage under the front seats no longer exist. No cd player or rear sun visors for my kids. Yeah, i buy cds. Nothing makes me happier than going to the record store and picking some new releases.or limited.vinyl.

Doors do not stay open if youre on the slightest hill or slanted driveway. Crushed my shins multiple times. Can the doors be tightened? Boot cover/pet net apparatus and the rear head rests dont fold down anymore. Why??

Any one else think their older benz' were better in many ways?
awesome review I learned a few things for my hunt.

Trending Topics

Old 05-25-2022, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E430
Objective review. Thanks for sharing.