Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Me Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 AMG C43
Mercedes Me Connect

Hi everyone,

I’m curious — which of you use the Mercedes Me Connect app, and which functions do you use?

Thanks,

sportsedan89
Old 03-09-2021, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,817 Likes on 2,551 Posts
2019 C63CS
Mainly use it for the notifications such as getting alerts if the car is left unlocked and when it leaves or enters geo fenced areas such as the dealership, tracking the location of the car when it's not in my possession or finding my way back to where I parked in an unfamiliar area (although my iPhone already remembers where I parked the car out of the box), checking up on the battery charge and getting alerts when it gets low, especially now during the pandemic, remotely locking the car if left unlocked, sending navigation destinations from phone apps to the car's nav (at least once I start going places again), checking up on the trip computer, mileage and fuel level. It's a pretty handy companion and the new version works a lot better.
The following users liked this post:
sportsedan89 (03-15-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 07:29 PM

2021 AMG C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
checking up on the battery charge and getting alerts when it gets low
Thanks for your reply! Where’s the setting to turn on this notification? I don’t see it...
Old 03-09-2021, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by sportsedan89
Thanks for your reply! Where’s the setting to turn on this notification? I don’t see it...
There's only a general setting for notifications. If that's turned on in the settings, then you should get notifications if the battery reaches critical charge. You'll also get an email, which I think is independent of the notifications setting in the app. The current battery charge status can be seen if you tap on Service on the home screen.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:36 PM

2021 AMG C43
There's only a general setting for notifications. If that's turned on in the settings, then you should get notifications if the battery reaches critical charge. You'll also get an email, which I think is independent of the notifications setting in the app. The current battery charge status can be seen if you tap on Service on the home screen.
I see. Thanks.

Another question — I see from the screenshot below that my vehicle location shown on the map is from 43 minutes ago. Is there any way to refresh this and see the location right now? (I know the vehicle is moving and is not in the same location as it was 43 min ago.)

Old 03-12-2021, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by sportsedan89
I see. Thanks.

Another question — I see from the screenshot below that my vehicle location shown on the map is from 43 minutes ago. Is there any way to refresh this and see the location right now? (I know the vehicle is moving and is not in the same location as it was 43 min ago.)

I don't believe the vehicle location tracks the vehicle while in motion. It's intended to find your parked car, and I believe the location is only updated either when you come to a stop or park and turn off the engine. There is tracking ability for the eCall as well as for law enforcement in case the vehicle gets stolen, but I believe the owner does not have access to track the vehicle while in motion. I'm trying to remember, because I tracked my car while it was in the shop and went back and forward between the body shop and dealership at one point. I thought I was able to see its current position while it was being driven there, but I don't remember a 100%. But this could also be possible if the vehicle reports its position every time you come to a stop. You can't refresh it from the app as far as I know. I believe it's the car that reports its location to the cloud and the app just displays the last reported location.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:57 PM

2021 AMG C43
I don't believe the vehicle location tracks the vehicle while in motion. It's intended to find your parked car, and I believe the location is only updated either when you come to a stop or park and turn off the engine. There is tracking ability for the eCall as well as for law enforcement in case the vehicle gets stolen, but I believe the owner does not have access to track the vehicle while in motion. I'm trying to remember, because I tracked my car while it was in the shop and went back and forward between the body shop and dealership at one point. I thought I was able to see its current position while it was being driven there, but I don't remember a 100%. But this could also be possible if the vehicle reports its position every time you come to a stop. You can't refresh it from the app as far as I know. I believe it's the car that reports its location to the cloud and the app just displays the last reported location.
Got it. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2021, 10:05 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Here in the western suburbs of Boston, it's been a very cold winter. Temps in early morning have routinely been in the mid-teens. Remote start has been just wonderful. It won't start the seat heaters, but you can have a period of engine run of ten minutes and then add a 2nd ten minute period. My W205 C43 is rather cold-blooded, so leaving your HVAC on a manual setting of blower speed 5 or 6 heats the cabin faster.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:01 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Installing our aftermarket remote starter solution allows you to have your heated seats (and cooled seats) and window defrosters come on automatically at specific temperatures.
Click HERE for all of our coverages!