Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MBWorld rated 28th out of 30 Mercedes Forums in 2023

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 06:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2001 ML320
MBWorld rated 28th out of 30 Mercedes Forums in 2023

MBWorld rated 28th out of 30 Mercedes Forums in 2023 by FeedStop:

https://forums.feedspot.com/mercedes_forums/

Besides calling Feedspot's list and ranking biased, stupid, clickbait, etc., what would be your objective view and critique of MBWorld based on Feedspot's criteria?

Feedspot claims their ranking is based on:

1. Relevance and Quality of Content
2. Freshness of the Threads
3. Forum Statistics
4. Domain Authority
5. Spam Score Check

For any inquiries or feedback with respect to this ranking, please feel free to reach out to Feedspot at team@feedspot.com with constructive critique of their ranking but from my point of view and based on my being also a member of DSMtuners.com forum where we customize and tune the 4G63 platform, I would posit that this forum needs more mercedes-benz trained technicians who spend more time teaching us, amateur DIY mechanics, the ins and outs of servicing our benz vehicles... sometimes it feels like it's the blind leading the blind around here, question are often not answered for days, if ever...

while i have posted several questions on this forum, i have learnt not to wait for help and pursue solutions and answers to my questions elsewhere...

how about you? what is your experience and do you feel 28th place out of 30 is justified...?

Last edited by sarcophagus; 11-23-2023 at 11:41 PM. Reason: syntax, def'n
Old 11-23-2023, 06:46 PM
SPONSOR

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
i literally wasn't aware there were other Mercedes forums

Chris Tran, Service Manager/Owner
Amsoil Independent Dealer #7236674
The following 3 users liked this post by ChrisHimself:
Joshinator99 (11-24-2023), QuadBenz (11-25-2023), thewhitegorilla (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 11:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,841 Likes on 3,027 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by sarcophagus

Besides calling Feedspot's list and ranking biased, stupid, etc., what would be your objective view and critique of MBWorld based on Feedspot's criteria?

3. Forum Statistics
4. Domain Authority
5. Spam Score Check

For any inquiries or feedback with respect to this ranking, please feel free to reach out to Feedspot at team@feedspot.com with constructive critique of their ranking but from my point of view and based on my being also a member of DSMtuners.com forum where we customize and tune the 4G63 platform, I would posit that this forum needs more mercedes-benz trained technicians who spend more time teaching us, amateur DIY mechanics, the ins and outs of servicing our benz vehicles... sometimes it feels like it's the blind leading the blind around here, question are often not answered for days, if ever...

while i have posted several questions on this forum, i have learnt not to wait for help and pursue solutions and answers to my questions elsewhere...

how about you? what is your experience and do you feel 28th place out of 30 is justified...?
Article is clickbait.
The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (11-25-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 11:12 PM

2001 ML320
Originally Posted by chassis
Article is clickbait.
please explain how this article is clickbait... i see no ads, no promo material, no sales pitch, etc.

Clickbait is a text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content, being typically deceptive, sensationalized, or otherwise misleading. A "teaser" aims to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content. Clickbait headlines often add an element of dishonesty, using enticements that do not accurately reflect the content being delivered. The "-bait" suffix makes an analogy with fishing, where a hook is disguised by an enticement (bait), presenting the impression to the fish that it is a desirable thing to swallow.

please elaborate how your definition of 'clickbait' fits the ranking i posted... thank you
Old 11-24-2023, 02:13 AM

Received 342 Likes on 234 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
I'm pretty sure this site is #1 or #2 by traffic. You can simply type "Mercedes forums" into Google to get a list. They sometimes put the site that generates the most ad rev at top so that's why could actually be #1 even tho shows up second on list.
The following 2 users liked this post by Crito:
chassis (11-24-2023), QuadBenz (11-25-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 09:55 AM

2001 ML320
Originally Posted by Crito
I'm pretty sure this site is #1 or #2 by traffic. You can simply type "Mercedes forums" into Google to get a list. They sometimes put the site that generates the most ad rev at top so that's why could actually be #1 even tho shows up second on list.
that certainly does appears to be the case and it's a good argument for administrators of this site to open a conversation with feedspot and have them justify their ranking methodology ... the feedspot page was viewed 4K times already and i would imagine sponsors and potential advertisers might stumble upon their page and arrive to wrong conclusion based on the ranking
Old 11-24-2023, 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
please explain how this article is clickbait... i see no ads, no promo material, no sales pitch, etc.

Clickbait is a text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content, being typically deceptive, sensationalized, or otherwise misleading. A "teaser" aims to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content. Clickbait headlines often add an element of dishonesty, using enticements that do not accurately reflect the content being delivered. The "-bait" suffix makes an analogy with fishing, where a hook is disguised by an enticement (bait), presenting the impression to the fish that it is a desirable thing to swallow.

please elaborate how your definition of 'clickbait' fits the ranking i posted... thank you
The rankings are wrong - clickbait.

Your defintion of clickbait bears no relevance.

There are popups galore encouraging a paid membership to feedwhatever.

Are you affiliated with feedwhatever?
QuadBenz (11-25-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 11:49 AM

2001 ML320
The rankings are wrong - clickbait.
you have no process to establish if the rankings are right or wrong unless you examine the methodology which was used to parse the raw data feedwhatever collected... just because something is wrong does not mean it is clickbait; equating wrong or inaccurate information with clickbait is an example of logical fallacy...

Your defintion of clickbait bears no relevance.
that is not my definition... clickbait is a well defined term with which most people are familiar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

There are popups galore encouraging a paid membership to feedwhatever.
i see no popups or ads so i cannot validate your claim; however, i use ad blockers and have not seen any popups in years.... if you have never heard of ad blockers, let me know and i'll help you set it up... you'll like it

Are you affiliated with feedwhatever?
No,... why do you ask?
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Old 11-24-2023, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
No,... why do you ask?
​​​​​
Your posts give that impression.
QuadBenz (11-25-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 12:40 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
My thoughts exactly.
Clickbait not necessarily driven by direct ad revenue regardless of whether or not it exists.
I think as the go-to forum for many Mercedes enthusiasts, the shock value of having less well known forums at the top serves as the bait.
Old 11-24-2023, 12:52 PM

2001 ML320
impressions are not accurate indicators... it would never occur to me to ask you if you are in any way affiliated with mercedes benz just because you include the picture of your ML suv with every post... that would be another example of logical fallacy... the same reasoning goes for the ranking i posted...

i dont believe the ranking is accurate either... what i think happened is that the authors of the ranking at feedwhatever contacted administrators of mb forums and asked for their stats and while benzworld.org cooperated fully and provided the data, the administrators of mbworld told them to **** off; hence, having incomplete data, the spreadsheet which feedwhatever used to rank mb forums put mbworld at the end .. because of the incomplete data.. i see no conspiracy there
Old 11-24-2023, 01:04 PM

2001 ML320
Originally Posted by Josh.A.Hussey
My thoughts exactly.
Clickbait not necessarily driven by direct ad revenue regardless of whether or not it exists.
I think as the go-to forum for many Mercedes enthusiasts, the shock value of having less well known forums at the top serves as the bait.
all of your claims in your post above are unsupported...
  • you have no way to establish without credible data that mbworld is a ".. go-to forum for many Mercedes enthusiasts"... the ranking would differ
  • you have no way to establish without credible data that the other mb forums are "..less well known" .. the ranking at feed* would differ with you
  • what exactly is the bait here... ? is the ranking of 30 mb forums clickbait? how? ... or are you actually insinuating that my post bringing this ranking to this forum is a bait? how? for what benefit?
and as for the rest, please see my prose above
Old 11-25-2023, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 647 Likes on 480 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
How does one rank a FORUM?
qty of members?
Qty of new members per some time period?
qty of daily posts and/or threads?
Qty of page views?
combination of above?

Can I ask who cares as I like Chocolate ice cream!

Old 11-25-2023, 08:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
all of your claims in your post above are unsupported...
  • you have no way to establish without credible data that mbworld is a ".. go-to forum for many Mercedes enthusiasts"... the ranking would differ
  • you have no way to establish without credible data that the other mb forums are "..less well known" .. the ranking at feed* would differ with you
  • what exactly is the bait here... ? is the ranking of 30 mb forums clickbait? how? ... or are you actually insinuating that my post bringing this ranking to this forum is a bait? how? for what benefit?
and as for the rest, please see my prose above
Why are you arguing with people who call your "ranking" out? Are you financially benefiting from feedwhatever? You give this appearance in your posts.

What you have posted is opinion. Represent it that way. People will read your post and move on, because the "information" is immaterial and has no effect on anything. You are OK with that, right?
Sunbeltgolfer11 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 12:36 PM

2001 ML320
Originally Posted by ygmn
How does one rank a FORUM?
qty of members?
Qty of new members per some time period?
qty of daily posts and/or threads?
Qty of page views?
combination of above?

Can I ask who cares as I like Chocolate ice cream!
the legend to ranking various forums and what criteria were evaluated is addressed at this link in more detail:
https://forums.feedspot.com/about_fo..._src=learnmore

however, what is not explained is how their site collects the raw data, how is the raw data cured to weed out statistically insignificant outliers and what methodology they use to come up with the final ranking.
Old 11-25-2023, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts
MB
Member engagement is the only important thing in my rank. If members aren't actively responding or engaged then there's no point because there's no discussion. For example, BenzWorld is ranked #1 on this but the user engagement is nowhere near MBWorld. Just look at the # of views, recent posts, # of posts, and every recent thread seems to dwindle. It's like reading the sound of crickets over there.

Last edited by wildta; 11-25-2023 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:24 PM

2001 ML320
Why are you arguing with people who call your "ranking" out?
first of all, what i posted is not MY "ranking"; the "Top 30 Mercedes Forums in 2023" ranking was published by feedspot and not me - period. any issues people may have with their ranking should be addressed with feedspot and not me since i have no way of knowing how they compiled the data for their rankings so i cannot really be called out..

secondly, you may want to search up the term "arguing" in the standard dictionary so you know what the term really means and how to use it... specifically, the poster made a comment wrt to what i posted and i replied... that is not arguing... look it up!

thirdly, the poster whose comment you are defending made unsubstantiated claims and i simply replied to his post and factually pointed out the holes in his reasoning... any fifth-grader can discern that unless the poster you are defending provides data which challenges the ranking feedspot published, i.e. another independent ranking, is highly subjective.... saying that mbworld is "the most" and the rest of the mb forums are "less well known" is not credible if not outright dubious and biased... unless credible data supporting those claims is offered for examination

Are you financially benefiting from feedwhatever? You give this appearance in your posts.
i have already answered this^ accusation and explained my position on it; however, since you brought it up again, i can only infer that it is due to your deficiency in reading comprehension and that is something i cannot help you with.. sorry;

needless to say, there are many sites which can help improve reading comprehension and they offer free reading comprehension worksheets. ... here's one or two i looked up for you - but i want to stress and highlight that there are many other such sites just in case you would be so compelled to accuse me yet again of being affiliated with them and financially benefiting from providing a link to them:
https://www.ereadingworksheets.com/f...on-worksheets/

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice...ent-strategies

What you have posted is opinion.
what i posted is feedspot's material, not mine - and whether you want to classify it as opinion or as clickbait or whatever else is your prerogative but dont ask me to represent feedspot and/or represent their material in such a way that it suits your bias...

People will read your post and move on, because the "information" is immaterial and has no effect on anything.
i have posted feedspot's ranking in the least-frequented section of this forum which is hardly read and seldom visited... i have been on this site since 2018 and i had no idea it was here.... i did not consider the ranking important enough to post it in some category with higher traffic and my intention was to invite people who had time on their hands and perused all corners of this site to express their opinion and share their experience if they felt like it.. nothing more nothing else.

People will read your post and move on, because the "information" is immaterial...
well, to be frank, it appears that the info i posted was material enough for you to spent so much time here fretting about it...

People will read your post and move on.......You are OK with that, right?
absolutely and 100% i am ok with that... please move on and dont come back! thank you.

Last edited by sarcophagus; 11-25-2023 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling, syntax
Old 11-25-2023, 06:18 PM

2001 ML320
Originally Posted by wildta
Member engagement is the only important thing in my rank. If members aren't actively responding or engaged then there's no point because there's no discussion. For example, BenzWorld is ranked #1 on this but the user engagement is nowhere near MBWorld. Just look at the # of views, recent posts, # of posts, and every recent thread seems to dwindle. It's like reading the sound of crickets over there.
i would add to your comment that the quality of engagement and promptness of replies is imperative... in fact, selfishly, i would not care if i were the only member on a forum for as long as my question was answered promptly and solved the problem i was dealing with... everything else would be secondary to me
Mr. Toad (11-27-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts
MB
i would add to your comment that the quality of engagement and promptness of replies is imperative... in fact, selfishly, i would not care if i were the only member on a forum for as long as my question was answered promptly and solved the problem i was dealing with... everything else would be secondary to me
1000%
Old 01-04-2024, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
That certainly does appears to be the case and it's a good argument for administrators of this site to open a conversation with feedspot and have them justify their ranking methodology.
Old 01-04-2024, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 W212 E350

Besides calling Feedspot's list and ranking biased, stupid, clickbait, etc., what would be your objective view and critique of MBWorld based on Feedspot's criteria?

3. Forum Statistics
4. Domain Authority
5. Spam Score Check

I gotta agree, while there are a few good people here, there are also an awful lot of people that make it extremely hard to wanna help for fear of getting flamed for it.

As a retired technician, one should help when others are in need.

This should be a place for sharing and debating not attacking or degrading others. Most other forums don't allow this type of people