New GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
New GL450

I have the option of purchasing a new GL450 fully loaded except for the Appearance package, or Distronic for invoice. It has P1, Heating, Off Road, Keyless GO, Xenon's, ambient lighting, 3 zone climate, RES, and the multicontour seats.

It is Capri Blue with Premium Ash leather. Should I go for it? This of course would scrap the need for a car like the R63 but with family coming from India I may still have to get the R as they have 3 kids as well. I can even pick up the GL towards the end of the month.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
The only thing I personally don't like there is the Blue over Grey combo, change it to Macadamia. Invoice on a new Benz I'd say go for it. I think the GL will do a lot better than the R so you may have a great chance to get one cheaper than most IMO.

M
Old 05-03-2006, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Go with the GL450...I've seen both and personally I LOVE the GL and would never buy the R500
Old 05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would recommend that if this is anything close to what you are desiring (SUV, multi-passenger) definately take it.

Has a great build (Capri Blue and Ash is a nice combo -- although be aware that Capri Blue does have a purplish tint to it under certain lighting conditions), the Appearance Package and Distronic are probably two of the most unnecessary options, and yes you would be getting a good price....

Take it.

I am thinking that I will be prefering - and choosing - the GL over the R for my multi-passenger, all weather conditions MBZ.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I'd take it. The Capri BLue over Ash is my favorite interior color combo (because our ML is that). The Capri Blue over Macadamia is pretty nice too.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by AsianML
I'd take it. The Capri BLue over Ash is my favorite interior color combo (because our ML is that). The Capri Blue over Macadamia is pretty nice too.
Well gents. The wife hates it. We went to the dealer today and she said it was too boxy. She much prefers the looks and style of the R over the GL. Given the whole family member situation moving from India. I will just give them the Odyssey until the settle down.

Damn I really wanted the GL. Another factor is that my parents aren't exactly keen on getting in something high like the GL so thats another factor. Perhaps in the future I will get a GL once the kids are older or something.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Well gents. The wife hates it. We went to the dealer today and she said it was too boxy. She much prefers the looks and style of the R over the GL. Given the whole family member situation moving from India. I will just give them the Odyssey until the settle down.

Damn I really wanted the GL. Another factor is that my parents aren't exactly keen on getting in something high like the GL so thats another factor. Perhaps in the future I will get a GL once the kids are older or something.
air-bag it so you lower it everytime people need to get in and then raise it to normal height afterwards
Old 05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic

I agree it does look a bit boxy from the rear...
Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by blazinginder
air-bag it so you lower it everytime people need to get in and then raise it to normal height afterwards
That is not a solution I must say. Besides it looks ghetto.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If your wife will be driving it, best get her whichever one she wants, or you'll never hear the end of it. I learned this the hard way.

Drove both yesterday. Overall I like the GL better for its interior, but it is considerably more difficult to drive. So if your wife doesn't like it based on styling, she'll probably hate it once she gets behind the wheel.

I've posted a full comparative review here: http://www.epinions.com/content_229849534084