GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Aux Video (Amazon Firestick) & COMAND NTG 4.7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL450
Trying to get this working. I can get everything working on the rear component inputs, but when I try the front AUX cable I get nothing. I did order the 166 kit, however the MI cable I got was an 003 number compared to your 002 number. I was messing with the different inputs and trying to mix the around to see if the pin out was wrong. What I finally did find was that if I connect the Video signal from the HDMI converter, to the video shield, I get an image, but thats the only way I can get an image, So im trying to go through the pinouts for the control unit but its hard with no numbers on the connector.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by ctyler85
Trying to get this working. I can get everything working on the rear component inputs, but when I try the front AUX cable I get nothing. I did order the 166 kit, however the MI cable I got was an 003 number compared to your 002 number. I was messing with the different inputs and trying to mix the around to see if the pin out was wrong. What I finally did find was that if I connect the Video signal from the HDMI converter, to the video shield, I get an image, but thats the only way I can get an image, So im trying to go through the pinouts for the control unit but its hard with no numbers on the connector.
It is possible that the cable you received is only allowing 1 “signal” through (as opposed to 3 signals: video, left audio, right audio). Can you post some photos of your cable setup?