Retrofit adaptive suspension and ventilated seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB GLB 250 4matic AMG line
Question Retrofit adaptive suspension and ventilated seats

Hi to all,

I would like to share my thoughts with the community and i would like to have your feedback!

I bought a GLB 250 4matic amg line last February with the comfort suspension package. Do you know if i can retrofit the adaptive suspension to the vehicle?
Is it worth it?
What is the reference number for this part?
Do i have to modify the springs too?

Next on my list is, if i can retrofit the front ventilated seats, replace the current ones( heated seats) with new ventilated and heated seats and the cables for the doors panels too.

I really appreciate your feedback,

I wish to all a great day,
Old 11-22-2022, 07:11 AM

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLB250 4Matic
Originally Posted by PolTs
Hi to all,

I would like to share my thoughts with the community and i would like to have your feedback!

I bought a GLB 250 4matic amg line last February with the comfort suspension package. Do you know if i can retrofit the adaptive suspension to the vehicle?
Is it worth it?
What is the reference number for this part?
Do i have to modify the springs too?

Next on my list is, if i can retrofit the front ventilated seats, replace the current ones( heated seats) with new ventilated and heated seats and the cables for the doors panels too.

I really appreciate your feedback,

I wish to all a great day,
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. However it's probably be cheaper to sell your car and get the one with options you want.
There are multiple online sites where you can look up part numbers and prices. One of them is www.mercedespartswholesale.com.
Parts on your list worth thousands of dollars without any labor included. And then you will need someone to code your car for all the changes you made.
The following users liked this post:
dvenneman (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 10:34 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
Luxury as a function of time

Originally Posted by Vladimir Livson
Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. However it's probably be cheaper to sell your car and get the one with options you want.
There are multiple online sites where you can look up part numbers and prices. One of them is www.mercedespartswholesale.com.
Parts on your list worth thousands of dollars without any labor included. And then you will need someone to code your car for all the changes you made.
I wanted ventilated seats too and they were not available even for my build your own. Frankly, I think most adaptations to anything other than high performance sports cars are a waste of time and money and set you up for further headache. My example is on a 328 BMW I chipped and tuned. It was supposed to accommodate a cold air intake. It did for a while, then it started throwing lean air mixture code and I chased down the gas cap, the mass air sensor, fuel pump and filter, only to find that the problem went away when I switched back to the original air box.

“Solving” one perceived shortfall usually creates another down the road. So, I look at what I am actually using the vehicle for, not what I want it to do 2x a year. Or even 5x a year.

so, my two cents, enjoy it as is. Don’t tune it and screw up your warranty. The AMG engine is already experiencing valve and piston failures as you probably have seen. Play it safe

Old 11-24-2022, 09:11 AM

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your feedback. I will check the website you sent me in order for me to have an idea! I believe the price only for the shock absorbers will not be that expensive. Sure, you will need someone to install them and reprog your car but i think its doable!
Old 11-24-2022, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by dvenneman
I wanted ventilated seats too and they were not available even for my build your own. Frankly, I think most adaptations to anything other than high performance sports cars are a waste of time and money and set you up for further headache. My example is on a 328 BMW I chipped and tuned. It was supposed to accommodate a cold air intake. It did for a while, then it started throwing lean air mixture code and I chased down the gas cap, the mass air sensor, fuel pump and filter, only to find that the problem went away when I switched back to the original air box.

“Solving” one perceived shortfall usually creates another down the road. So, I look at what I am actually using the vehicle for, not what I want it to do 2x a year. Or even 5x a year.

so, my two cents, enjoy it as is. Don’t tune it and screw up your warranty. The AMG engine is already experiencing valve and piston failures as you probably have seen. Play it safe
Hi dvennema,

In my country, the option for ventilated seats was not available at all! that's why i am looking for a retrofit solution because in others countris, this option was available. I follow you for the warranty part of your message!
dvenneman (11-25-2022)
Old 11-24-2022, 06:48 PM

In GLB35 there is a selector button next to the mouse pad wrist rest for the suspension. I am not sure if it is necessary in your case, but you might have to change center counsel and wiring to be able to control adaptive suspension. These selectors do not exist on GLB250 without adaptive suspension option.

dvenneman (11-25-2022)
Old 11-25-2022, 09:57 AM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
GLK350
Hi dvennema,

In my country, the option for ventilated seats was not available at all! that's why i am looking for a retrofit solution because in others countris, this option was available. I follow you for the warranty part of your message!
Ordered 2023 GLB 250 in USA with ventilated seats but was deleted by factory before build date and now noted as "not available" at present time.
dvenneman (11-25-2022)

Trending Topics

Old 11-30-2022, 04:33 AM

In GLB35 there is a selector button next to the mouse pad wrist rest for the suspension. I am not sure if it is necessary in your case, but you might have to change center counsel and wiring to be able to control adaptive suspension. These selectors do not exist on GLB250 without adaptive suspension option.

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for the photo! I didn't know that. So, you have 2 settings to adjust the suspension? Correct me if i am wrong, how does it work?
If you dont activate the setting, the suspension is at confort mode?
If you activate ones, the dampers are a little firm and the second setting, the dampers are more firmer?

Thanks for the feedback! Good to know
Old 11-30-2022, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by tbirdvet
Ordered 2023 GLB 250 in USA with ventilated seats but was deleted by factory before build date and now noted as "not available" at present time.
What about heated seats? Not available too?
Old 11-30-2022, 07:05 AM

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for the photo! I didn't know that. So, you have 2 settings to adjust the suspension? Correct me if i am wrong, how does it work?
If you dont activate the setting, the suspension is at confort mode?
If you activate ones, the dampers are a little firm and the second setting, the dampers are more firmer?

Thanks for the feedback! Good to know
Unfortunately I cannot answer that question since I do not have adaptive suspension option on my GLB, perhaps GLB35 owners can chime in. My guess is that suspension changes automatically based on dynamic mode the car is in, however I have no idea what pressing the suspension button actually does (turns that option off or changes suspension setting manually).

As far as ventilated seats go, in my opinion it is not worth the money. Seats are not air conditioned, just ventilated, and all the perforations are good spots to collect garbage.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:41 AM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
Yes, the suspension mode automatically adjusts to drive modes, eg comfort vs sport vs sport + for GLB35 and you can also adjust it manually. Also there is a individual drive mode that you can choose your selection eg mine is sport + with comfort...

Unfortunately I cannot answer that question since I do not have adaptive suspension option on my GLB, perhaps GLB35 owners can chime in. My guess is that suspension changes automatically based on dynamic mode the car is in, however I have no idea what pressing the suspension button actually does (turns that option off or changes suspension setting manually).
Old 12-05-2022, 02:38 PM

As far as ventilated seats go, in my opinion it is not worth the money. Seats are not air conditioned, just ventilated, and all the perforations are good spots to collect garbage.
Hi Vlad,

Yes, its true what you said about the ventilated seats, they are not air contidioned! Good point, thanks for sharing
Old 12-05-2022, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Serhan
Yes, the suspension mode automatically adjusts to drive modes, eg comfort vs sport vs sport + for GLB35 and you can also adjust it manually. Also there is a individual drive mode that you can choose your selection eg mine is sport + with comfort...
Thanks for the info Serhan!
Old 11-02-2023, 12:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC43C4, 2023 AMGEQEV4
Quick question about that website (www.mercedespartswholesale.com). Have you personally used it?
Many other websites online I can sort of track to the parts department of a regular MB dealer. But this one I can't quite place. Then again their discount structure is quite attractive. Wondering if they are legit?