GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 43 4Matic
Netstar down???

Hi, I ordered my new 2018 GLC 43 Aug 14, and one already in cue was assigned to me. However when i called the dealer for an update they said that the M/B office in Canada' system was not working. had to believe when I read the very recent details of your Netstar updates on this forum.
Has anyone else received news about the inability to get info from M/B or their Netstar?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:19 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by DaDriver
Hi, I ordered my new 2018 GLC 43 Aug 14, and one already in cue was assigned to me. However when i called the dealer for an update they said that the M/B office in Canada' system was not working. had to believe when I read the very recent details of your Netstar updates on this forum.
Has anyone else received news about the inability to get info from M/B or their Netstar?
Somebody in Ontario mentioned in a thread recently that Netstar is not available in Canada. Maybe some other Canadians can chime in here, eh?! Lol
Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 PM

This was posted by kjkj in another thread:

Quote:

NetStar is available in the US, NOT in Canada! Perhaps you didn't read my post clearly ����
The following users liked this post:
DaDriver (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 12:28 PM

2018 GLC 43 4Matic
Hi, Thanks for the info Vaboy. I clearly didn't go back far enough on this thread. However the dealer still says (whatever their system is to update), it is not working currently. Is there anyone else out there from Canada trying to get an update on their vehicle?
Old 09-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DaDriver
Hi, Thanks for the info Vaboy. I clearly didn't go back far enough on this thread. However the dealer still says (whatever their system is to update), it is not working currently. Is there anyone else out there from Canada trying to get an update on their vehicle?
My bad! I just noticed you have a GLC43 on order on which there has been much discussion recently. I'm not sure that Netstar or any other MB system is "down". They're just not sharing what the holdup is on the 43's. Sounds like the most recent thinking is there is a pending recall regarding the ECU's and MB has been less than forthcoming about why member's cars are being held at the VPC. Not sure if this applies to Canadian cars too, but I suspect it does.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes glc
Newbuild

All,

Have you all been told that if you order the night package on the 350 that you cannot get the silk beige interior?

Thank you
Old 09-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tucker603
All,

Have you all been told that if you order the night package on the 350 that you cannot get the silk beige interior?

Thank you
I'm not sure how the 350e figures into this, but the DOG (Dealer Order Guide)
says the Night Pkg REQUIRES the AMG Line (321) and going back to the interiors in the DOG, the AMG line precludes any interior other than black.

So, Night pkg + AMG = Black interior the way I read it. There's been quite a few complaints about this in some threads.

Search for DOG if you haven't seen one. Last one I have is dated 6/20/17.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM

Mercedes glc
Originally Posted by Vaboy
I'm not sure how the 350e figures into this, but the DOG (Dealer Order Guide)
says the Night Pkg REQUIRES the AMG Line (321) and going back to the interiors in the DOG, the AMG line precludes any interior other than black.

So, Night pkg + AMG = Black interior the way I read it. There's been quite a few complaints about this in some threads.

Search for DOG if you haven't seen one. Last one I have is dated 6/20/17.

Got it - so AMG + night = black interior, but just AMG without night would not preclude other interiors.

Thank you
Old 09-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tucker603
Got it - so AMG + night = black interior, but just AMG without night would not preclude other interiors.

Thank you
Not exactly! AMG Line precludes other interiors by itself. It's just that the Night Pkg REQUIRES the AMG Line.

Read through this DOG and that should help clear up what options you can get with with different packages.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzf...tWMlR0VDA/view

Hope this helps.

If you open this file in iBooks it is much easier to navigate. Much faster swiping right to left.

Last edited by Vaboy; 09-07-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Open in iBooks!
Old 09-07-2017, 02:34 PM

Audi A4
How long would an order take in the U.K. I ordered on the 21st July, 250 amg with premium plus, 20 inch alloys, heads up display, carbon fibre interior, leather dash. With it being such a specific order I thought it would take ages but my dealer says it's on target for delivery for the 27th this month. Normally this would be great but I am in no rush for the car as the company car I currently drive doesn't go back until November and my dealer knows this.
I am amazed such a custom order would arrive in the U.K. Ready to have over in 8 weeks from day of order placement.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 2018
Our turn to wait....

Our 2018 GLC was finished at the factory in Finland on Sept 6th. I ping sales rep every couple of days for update and car is still at code B5 (Production Complete) and sales rep doesn't seem to have a clue when it will ship. He just says that when it ships, he will give us info to track the ship.

Any guestimates when it will show up here in California? Needs to go by boat to LA and then shipped to San Jose for us to pick up.

BTW....we ordered:
GLC Diamond Silver Metallic
Black MB-Tex with Crystal Grey Fabric Headliner
Advanced Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
Advanced Parking Assist Package
Premium Driver Assist Package
Old 09-13-2017, 09:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Originally Posted by Robert418
Our 2018 GLC was finished at the factory in Finland on Sept 6th. I ping sales rep every couple of days for update and car is still at code B5 (Production Complete) and sales rep doesn't seem to have a clue when it will ship. He just says that when it ships, he will give us info to track the ship.

Any guestimates when it will show up here in California? Needs to go by boat to LA and then shipped to San Jose for us to pick up.

BTW....we ordered:
GLC Diamond Silver Metallic
Black MB-Tex with Crystal Grey Fabric Headliner
Advanced Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
Advanced Parking Assist Package
Premium Driver Assist Package
Mine took 10 days from build to getting on a ship. Then exactly 30 days to get to Long Beach. Unfortunately, it got to Long Beach on August 2nd and.... is still there. Expected ship from port is 9/30 for me. Two months at port has been wonderful. You won't have that problem though luckily.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Was your GLC43 built in Finland or Germany?

Still trying to get a handle on waiting/transit time from Finland to Bremerhaven and then to Baltimore.

My GLC had a scheduled production date of 9/11 in Finland. Have a call into my sales rep to check current status.

Originally Posted by /////Tbro
Mine took 10 days from build to getting on a ship. Then exactly 30 days to get to Long Beach. Unfortunately, it got to Long Beach on August 2nd and.... is still there. Expected ship from port is 9/30 for me. Two months at port has been wonderful. You won't have that problem though luckily.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Originally Posted by nsoltz

Still trying to get a handle on waiting/transit time from Finland to Bremerhaven and then to Baltimore.

My GLC had a scheduled production date of 9/11 in Finland. Have a call into my sales rep to check current status.
Bremerhaven was the production facility, I think all 43's are produced in Germany still.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:24 PM

2018 GLC 43 SUV
Originally Posted by /////Tbro
Bremerhaven was the production facility, I think all 43's are produced in Germany still.
Mine was made at Valmet per the VIN.

Tiny bit of additional info I found out this week.

Swung by my insurance agency to chat with them about the new car. Interestingly enough they couldn't pull any kind of info on it, even though we have the VIN (and the bloody thing is built and sitting @ the port in California).

I really think this is a gov certification issue.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Originally Posted by Merc_Sea
Mine was made at Valmet per the VIN.

Tiny bit of additional info I found out this week.

Swung by my insurance agency to chat with them about the new car. Interestingly enough they couldn't pull any kind of info on it, even though we have the VIN (and the bloody thing is built and sitting @ the port in California).

I really think this is a gov certification issue.
My insurance guy didn't have any issues pulling information using the VIN. My SA told me that it's needing to have a new "module" installed and all modules are backordered and it affects all SUV 43's. Yours was made in Valmet? And it's a 43? Interesting. In any case. I don't know what "module" means necessarily but it could very well be a government issue. Your guess is as good as mine. Just wish every two weeks the news wasn't that it's going to be another two weeks. I'm close to surrendering my deposit and looking at Macans. But we'll see.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 AM

GLC 2018

Finland
Old 09-14-2017, 12:11 PM

2023 EQB300
My GLC300W4 went B5 on 9/13/17 and shows produced not shipped. VIN assigned on 9/11/17 Of course still no dealer ETA.

Does anyone know whether Netstar will list the date and ship from Finland to Bremerhaven or will it only ultimately show the date/ship Beremerhaven to Baltimore?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:20 PM

2018 GLC 300 4MATIC on Order
It will only show the Ship date from Bremerhaven to Baltimore. Will be in Ship Assigned status for some days and after that the shipping information will get updated.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:20 PM

My GLC300W4 went B5 on 9/13/17 and shows produced not shipped. VIN assigned on 9/11/17 Of course still no dealer ETA.

Does anyone know whether Netstar will list the date and ship from Finland to Bremerhaven or will it only ultimately show the date/ship Beremerhaven to Baltimore?
Ablitz is correct. For reference, my Finland built GLC was on a ship heading to Baltimore 12 days after going B5 Production Complete 6/10/17. Took a few days to get to Bremerhaven and then a few days to get assigned to a ship.

If you want to go to the trouble you may be able to find your car on a "short" transport ship they use to get from Finland to Bremerhaven. Start by trying your VIN # on ships at port in Finland and see if something pops up.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 5.2 R8, 2012 TTRS, 63S Coupe on order
Information from my SA: "According to the M-B company site, Netstar, the vehicle (GLC 63s Coupe)was originally planned for October build, but actually scheduled for build in the third week of January. This is a common occurrence with low volume specialty cars, such as our AMG lineup."
Anyone have different info?
Old 09-15-2017, 03:45 PM

2023 EQB300
Ablitz is correct. For reference, my Finland built GLC was on a ship heading to Baltimore 12 days after going B5 Production Complete 6/10/17. Took a few days to get to Bremerhaven and then a few days to get assigned to a ship.

If you want to go to the trouble you may be able to find your car on a "short" transport ship they use to get from Finland to Bremerhaven. Start by trying your VIN # on ships at port in Finland and see if something pops up.
i can find ships in port but cant find anywhere to enter vin to check assignment.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well.... update on some of this stuff..

1st - the GLC63 guy - whether SUV or "Coupe" - yes, production roll out of the "63"s are is subject to change - and yes - it is very limited production availability - the dealer who has "your order" is the best source of information - I might suggest you ask if your dealer has a "factory PO" or is waiting for Mercedes to open/accept the order. Technically you are not in queue until you have a "factory PO#".

2nd - on build-to-order - Netstar will show when production has been completed - Netstar will not show Valmet/or-other-factory trans-ship information to German port - Netstar will then show "at port waiting for vessel assignment" - Netstar will then show "Vessel/Name Assigned" - then Netstar will show Vessel/Name ETA arriving US port.
I understand for many when your MB has been built emotions/excitement can run high - if you want to get into it - once the vessel name has been assigned - and vessel underway - you can track vessel progress online ..
The following users liked this post:
kauboy (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:42 PM

i can find ships in port but cant find anywhere to enter vin to check assignment.
This was the short route carrier that bought my car from Finland to Bremerhaven. Another member got a hit on his VIN number on one of their ships. You can try your VIN number on this carriers ships (Cargo ID Number) and maybe you'll get lucky. Snoop around their website to see how to find tracking info. it'll give you an idea of what to look for if you want to check some other carriers at the port in Finland.

http://www.uecc.com/customer-centre/...igh-and-heavy/

Hint: look at the carriers itinerary and zero in on any ships going to Bremerhaven.

Or, you can just wait a few days like fabbris said until the ship out of
Bremerhaven shows up in Netstar.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 PM

2023 EQB300
Thanks for the link. Based on watching port traffic, it appeared to me that the only auto carrier was the Elbe Highway and indeed that turns out to be the ship. Was scheduled to depart Finland 9/15 but didn't even arrive in port until early evening. Per schedule, it is a 2 day trip to Bremerhaven via the Kiel canal.

This was the short route carrier that bought my car from Finland to Bremerhaven. Another member got a hit on his VIN number on one of their ships. You can try your VIN number on this carriers ships (Cargo ID Number) and maybe you'll get lucky. Snoop around their website to see how to find tracking info. it'll give you an idea of what to look for if you want to check some other carriers at the port in Finland.

http://www.uecc.com/customer-centre/...igh-and-heavy/

Hint: look at the carriers itinerary and zero in on any ships going to Bremerhaven.

Or, you can just wait a few days like fabbris said until the ship out of
Bremerhaven shows up in Netstar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room