GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:10 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by stath
I placed my 18 GLC 300 order in June but the dealer in downtown Los Angeles does not send me any updates on where we are in the process...
I don't think most dealers just "send" updates on the status of a particular car. You need to ask them to send you a screenshot of your Vehicle Information screen from their Netstar system. It's YOUR car and they should be willing to provide that.

Once you get that, if you have any questions, someone on this thread can probably help you.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by Vaboy
I don't think most dealers just "send" updates on the status of a particular car. You need to ask them to send you a screenshot of your Vehicle Information screen from their Netstar system. It's YOUR car and they should be willing to provide that.

Once you get that, if you have any questions, someone on this thread can probably help you.
I got my screenshot and finally have the VIN. Where do I go from here?

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Senatov
I got my screenshot and finally have the VIN. Where do I go from here?

Thanks.
If you have your VIN then your car is or will be finished any day now. That would be a Production code of B50. If the 11th digit of your VIN is a V, it was built in Finland at the Valmet plant. Of note because it has to go by boat from Valmet to Bremerhaven to wait for a ship to the US. An F, G or H in the 11th position of your VIN means it was built at the plant in Bremen, Germany and it may get assigned to a ship a few days sooner.

The Production/Shipping codes below show the "Milestone" codes you will see on your Netstar screenshots if you get updates over the next couple of weeks. Note Netstar adds a "0", so B5 (Production Complete) becomes B50 in Netstar. There will be more codes in Netstar, but the codes below are the major ones.

MB Production/shipping

A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WQTER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
I1 RETAIL

Once you see a ship's name in Netstar, you can find out what shipping line it's on (probably WW or Kline) and track the ship using the AIS land based tracking. Then you'll lose it until it shows up off the East coast of the US.

Have fun following your car to the VPC (Vehicle Processing Center).
Old 08-29-2017, 04:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by ALCPDX
We ordered a GLC43W4 P03 January 15 and were given a March 2nd decade build window.

Last Wednesday salesman called to inform us there was a problem with our order. He says the factory did not have any more designo diamond white paint, so the build was cancelled. He further says MY17 orders are closed and suggests that we order an MY18 with the same options.

I registered a complaint with MBUSA Customer Support and have been told to expect a call from an "Executive Referral Manager" within one business day. Don't expect much, but would like to know if dealer story was true.

Will probably go ahead with the MY18 which would be built in early June meaning we will not have it until sometime in August. It may offer an opportunity to try for a better price offer by working two competing dealerships. We were not given any discount on the MY17 order. Salesman pushed for a quick decision which he said was necessary to make the March build window. Do you think maybe we were played?

UPDATE

The reorder forJune build of an MY18 was screwed up by the dealership because of the MB repackaging of options for MY18. Thanks to the MY18 DOG posted by rihallix, I was able to help the sales guy figure out the MY18 options to match my original MY17 order. Sales guy told me the order was placed for a first week in August build. In mid-July he called and left a voice message that the build would be in a month and a half. Arrrgh! The sales guy stopped responding to my emails.

Finally, working with the new sales manager, I believe our car will be actually be built in early September with the right options. The sales manager is giving us a $2K discount as consideration for pain and suffering. One other plus that cameout of this was it provided an opening to add the performance exhaust option.

Options:

799 Designo Diamond White Metallic
221 Black Leather
313 Manual Rear-Side Window Sunshades
319 Advanced Lighting Package: Active LED Headlamps
320 Multimedia Package
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
413 Panorama Roof
443 Heated Steering Wheel
463 Head-Up Display
521 AMG Night Package
810 Burmester Surround Sound System
93R 20-Inch AMG Multi-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents
996 Advanced Parking Assist Package: PARKTRONIC w/Active Parking
997 Driver Assistance Package: Active Blind Spot Assist, DISTRONIC
U21 AMGPerformance Exhaust System

I am told to expect delivery in November. Considering that our order was placed in January, that probably makes me the longest inhabitant of the GLC Waiting Room.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:34 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by Vaboy
If you have your VIN then your car is or will be finished any day now. That would be a Production code of B50. If the 11th digit of your VIN is a V, it was built in Finland at the Valmet plant. Of note because it has to go by boat from Valmet to Bremerhaven to wait for a ship to the US. An F, G or H in the 11th position of your VIN means it was built at the plant in Bremen, Germany and it may get assigned to a ship a few days sooner.

The Production/Shipping codes below show the "Milestone" codes you will see on your Netstar screenshots if you get updates over the next couple of weeks. Note Netstar adds a "0", so B5 (Production Complete) becomes B50 in Netstar. There will be more codes in Netstar, but the codes below are the major ones.

MB Production/shipping

A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WQTER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
I1 RETAIL

Once you see a ship's name in Netstar, you can find out what shipping line it's on (probably WW or Kline) and track the ship using the AIS land based tracking. Then you'll lose it until it shows up off the East coast of the US.

Have fun following your car to the VPC (Vehicle Processing Center).
Last updates were B3, B4, and finally "CONFIRM VIN UPDATE"
Old 08-30-2017, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300 4MATIC on Order
Going to pickup my beauty on Friday. She looks immaculate. Reached dealership from Baltimore and I was there 😀 Took first snap in the lot.
Attached Thumbnails GLC Order Waiting Room-photo374.jpg  
Old 08-30-2017, 06:56 PM

Volvo xc70
Congrats!!!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Senatov
Last updates were B3, B4, and finally "CONFIRM VIN UPDATE"
Don't forget to check the 11th digit in your VIN. If it was built in Finland, once it goes to B5 it will be a few days before it gets to Bremerhaven and goes to B7.

Then it won't be long before it's "on the water"!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by ablitz
Going to pickup my beauty on Friday. She looks immaculate. Reached dealership from Baltimore and I was there 😀 Took first snap in the lot.
Boy, that Brilliant Blue is beautiful! I'm kind of hit and miss when it comes to washing my cars, so I chickened out and went with Polar White, which I find is a little more forgiving between washes.

Your beauty will really turn some heads!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:55 PM
ACN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLC 4Matic
Ordered: 6/12
Built: 7/14/17 (Decade was 7/1)
Shipped: 7/22/17
Docked: 8/22/17
Arrived: 8/28/17
Possession: 8/30/17

AMG Package<br/>Parking Assist<br/>Driver Assist<br/>Heated Seats and Wheel
Old 08-30-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
[QUOTE=ACN;7253573]Ordered: 6/12
Built: 7/14/17 (Decade was 7/1)
Shipped: 7/22/17
Docked: 8/22/17
Arrived: 8/28/17
Possession: 8/30/17

Love it ACN. Congrats!
Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM

amg glc 43 coupe ordered, about to be cancelled
Originally Posted by SawyerB
My dealer just let me know same thing as Merc_Sea relayed which is car delayed because waiting on modifications.
My AMG 43 just had it's VPC date changed to Sept 15th from Aug 31. Major bummer, thinking of cancelling and going with a different make/model. Been waiting over a month with car at port and now two more weeks before dealer gets it?
Old 08-31-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
Thanks for providing this update. There are a number of us with their AMG 43's stuck at the VPC due to modifications. Very frustrating that we can't get an explanation and whatever needs to be done to these cars isn't happening. Mine has been sitting at the VPC for 6 weeks now. When you write Sept 15th is that due to dealer date or released from VPC date? Thank you.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:09 PM

When you write Sept 15th is that due to dealer date or released from VPC date? Thank you.
It's called "VPC Ready Date".
My dealer sent a screen grab of the "Netstar" screen. VPC received was 04Aug17.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
Thank you. Incredible that we have to rely on these computer codes, dates that are changing and dealer can't speak to someone at VPC and let their customers who have given deposits, know what's happening.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:22 AM

I am still waiting for my 2017 43...
Mine is a 2018, so whatever's wrong is common to both model years.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:07 AM

GLS450
New Car Sales Manager at my Dealer provided me with a September 8th update yesterday after telling me last week that the vehicle would be at the dealership this week. I could tell from the tone of his voice that he was very frustrated as well. I sent an email to MBUSA Customer Service and the Representative that called me said there were no holds on the 2018 GLC43 amg models. She told me I could expect my vehicle the first week of October, although she did not know where my vehicle was and did not have access to MB program to look it up. Asked to speak with the Regional Sales Manager at MBUSA as they have access to vehicle whereabouts only to be told that RSMs do not speak with the public. I was also told that there is no such thing as a "Hot List". Hung up more frustrated than I was before taking the call. Getting to the point where I will be looking for a different vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
SawyerB (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
Order placed Aug 10th (dealer was able to modify a vehicle they had in the queue. Vehicle build Aug 26th. Vehicle now at port waiting for lease assignment, whatever that means?
Old 09-02-2017, 12:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC 43 SUV
Originally Posted by Parker19
New Car Sales Manager at my Dealer provided me with a September 8th update yesterday after telling me last week that the vehicle would be at the dealership this week. I could tell from the tone of his voice that he was very frustrated as well. I sent an email to MBUSA Customer Service and the Representative that called me said there were no holds on the 2018 GLC43 amg models. She told me I could expect my vehicle the first week of October, although she did not know where my vehicle was and did not have access to MB program to look it up. Asked to speak with the Regional Sales Manager at MBUSA as they have access to vehicle whereabouts only to be told that RSMs do not speak with the public. I was also told that there is no such thing as a "Hot List". Hung up more frustrated than I was before taking the call. Getting to the point where I will be looking for a different vehicle.
As a first time MB buyer this isn't the white glove experience I expected. Delays i'm ok with, inconsistent/inaccurate info i'm not. Give me an accurate timeframe or tell me you don't know, DO NOT blow smoke up my bum. I'm not bailing on my '43 but this has left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
As I noted in a post above, ordered GLC300W4 on August 16 and dealer was able to modify and allocate and vehicle they already had scheduled for production second decade September.

Two weeks later I began leaving messages and emails for my SA to update me on production status and send a Netstar screen grab.

No response and I'm starting to get a bit antsy. I do have a PO number and have no doubt that the order is in the system.

Just venting...
Old 09-04-2017, 12:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC 43 SUV
I was scoping out other threads and lo and behold, the 2018 E63's are being held at VPCs as well. From reading their thread it appears the reason is emissions certification and ECU reprogramming. Take this with a grain of salt of course. Interesting to find the same issue in other AMG lines!
The following users liked this post:
SawyerB (09-04-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 PM

This is for GLE43s, not GLC43s, but my guess is Mercedes is being careful since it's the exact same engine:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V506-7228.pdf

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016-2017 AMG GLE43 Coupe, and 2017 AMG GLE43 vehicles. The
engine control unit and transmission control unit software may have compatibility conflicts and cause the engine to shut-down while
the driver brakes to a stop, or accelerates following an ECO start.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
My educated guess is that this is something with certifications or a recall. If MB or gov't auditors determined the cars need to be re-programmed, then that's what they must do to legally sell them. If so, they should be telling you that. The vagueness and shifting dates are unacceptable. They should have reached out to anyone affected and explained.

A friend ordered a Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 TDI when they first came out, which I think was in late 2013. He received a notification after his car had been built that all Jeep diesels needed a newly designed urea fluid tank, and that his delivery would be delayed by at least 30 days as a result. Apparently, Chrysler corp discovered the problem just before production startup, and they decided to go ahead and produce the cars with no urea tank at all and then hold the cars. Once the new urea tanks were available, they fitted one to each vehicle and released them for delivery.

The difference in that situation was that he knew exactly what was going on and why, and he had a realistic expectation for final delivery. He was fine with it.

Originally Posted by Merc_Sea
I was scoping out other threads and lo and behold, the 2018 E63's are being held at VPCs as well. From reading their thread it appears the reason is emissions certification and ECU reprogramming. Take this with a grain of salt of course. Interesting to find the same issue in other AMG lines!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Finally got the production sheet on my GLC300W4. Went B3 on 8/23/17 and shows estimated production date of 9/11. A very eerie date.

Even more bizarre. Since I was able to get a vehicle already on order but with my modifications, order was placed by dealer on 6/14/17. That was the day I was hit by the car and in my delirium fading in and out thought about swapping out my BMW for a Merc. Talk about Twilight Zone...

BTW finally able to walk now after 3 months of non-weight bearing.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:37 AM

Mercedes 250d AMG Line 4Matic Coupe.
Can anyone tell me what updates they got on a UK delivery?
I have my VIN for my GLC Coupe but they cant tell me anymore, they just said they dont get codes, they can only see when it leaves factory, arrives in Zeebrugge then leaves and when it arrives here?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room