GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
My experience with Wilsonville MB was similar to Mr J's. I ordered an EDP car in January, after a few hiccups with factory shortages in Germany, I picked up my GLC300 May 5th. With each hiccup, the SA was right on top of it. I was notified immediately and the options to resolve the problem was explained. At no time was my order canceled by the factory because a build option wasn't available. Canceling the order does not make any sense.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:22 PM
rk9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACCORD
Does anyone know how long does it take for the vehicle to be assigned to a ship. I didn't go for a custom order but instead chose the GLC 300 that is already built, because it matches 95% of what I want. So I thought why wait another 2 or 3 months for the custom order. The car's built on Dec 8 and the dealer says it's still waiting for a ship. Does it really take this long?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:48 PM

glk 350
Can anyone let me know what website to look on to find out the status of my vehicle production.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC 300 Coupe
Originally Posted by rk9
Does anyone know how long does it take for the vehicle to be assigned to a ship. I didn't go for a custom order but instead chose the GLC 300 that is already built, because it matches 95% of what I want. So I thought why wait another 2 or 3 months for the custom order. The car's built on Dec 8 and the dealer says it's still waiting for a ship. Does it really take this long?
My car was built on Oct 6th and it got to the dealer on Nov 2nd.
The following users liked this post:
rk9 (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 04:47 PM
rk9

ACCORD
Originally Posted by NJGuy101
My car was built on Oct 6th and it got to the dealer on Nov 2nd.
That's pretty fast. Mine is built 20 days back but it's still waiting for a ship in Germany. Not sure if something is wrong or it's because of the holiday season.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:54 PM

The time a car sits at the dock in Germany seems to vary. My EDP car sat at the dock for 2 weeks before it was loaded onto a ship. Other cars on this thread have only sat a day or two before getting loaded onto a ship. Once you know what ship it has been assigned to you can track the schedule on line. If it is a MOL Auto Car Carrier you can track the schedule here: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx. Other carriers have their own web site where you may be able to find the schedule.
rk9 (12-28-2017)
Old 12-28-2017, 10:23 AM
rk9

ACCORD
Originally Posted by ted_jane
The time a car sits at the dock in Germany seems to vary. My EDP car sat at the dock for 2 weeks before it was loaded onto a ship. Other cars on this thread have only sat a day or two before getting loaded onto a ship. Once you know what ship it has been assigned to you can track the schedule on line. If it is a MOL Auto Car Carrier you can track the schedule here: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx. Other carriers have their own web site where you may be able to find the schedule.
My dealer says he didn't recieve any update after Dec 8th and that makes me nervous. Hopefully everything is OK with the order. Fingers crossed.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC300
My car has been at Long Beach since last week. It's waiting for the trucking company. I want my carrrr..... ��������

Im hoping money factors don't change in January (for the worse).
Old 12-29-2017, 12:10 AM

GLC300
Originally Posted by Robert418
United has a co-promo with Mercedes that offers their members discounts and/or miles which I do believe vary depending on United status level. As a Platinum, the current incentive on GLC SUV is $1500 discount plus 25000 miles. More info here: https://unitedpremier.truecar.com/me...=ZUNI000023142 The good news is that this discount is given upfront by the dealer and is on top of whatever you negotiate.

Car was 2018 GLC300W, Diamond Silver, Advanced Lighting Package, Multimedia Package, Advanced Parking Assist Package, Premium Driver Assistance Package. MSRP $50305.
I would love a to see photos of the car. I also ordered diamond silver and it's kind of difficult to find good pictures of it. I've never seen the color in real life either! Mine will be the first.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC300 2018
Originally Posted by DrGH
- ordered GLC300: 20 Sep., 2017
- production started: 2nd week of Oct.
- on the vessel: mid Nov.
- arrived Halifax: 28 Nov.
- on the train across Canada: early Dec.
- expected to reach Vancouver port: mid Dec.
————————
Ext. Colour: 149 - Polar White
Int. Colour: 101 - Black ARTICO
MP1 - Premium Package
MP2 - Premium Plus Package
MLS - LED Lighting System
IDP - Intelligent Drive Package
736 - Dark Ash Wood Trim (Open-Pore)
313 - Roller Sunblinds in Rear Doors (Manual)
463 - Head-up Display
810 - Burmester Surround Sound System
51U - Black Fabric Roof Liner
————————
PREMIUM PACKAGE (MP1)
• Panoramic Sunroof
• COMAND Online Navigation w/ MB Apps
• KEYLESS-GO
• LED High Performance Lighting System (GLC 300 only)
• EASY-PACK Power Tailgate

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE (MP2)
• Integrated garage door opener
• Active Parking Assist
• 360 Camera
• Foot Activated Tailgate Release
• Power Adjustable Front Seats with Memory
• Power Steering Column with Memory
• KEYLESS-GO
• Illuminated Door Sills
• Ambient Lighting
• 115V Power Socket

LED Lighting System (MLS)
• Active LED High Performance Lighting System
• Adaptive Highbeam Assist (AHA)

INTELLIGENT DRIVE PACKAGE (IDP)
• Active Blind Spot Assist
• Active Lane Keeping Assist
• Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC
• PRE-SAFE PLUS
• Active Steering Assist
• Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function
UPDATE:
- ordered GLC300: 20 Sep., 2017
- production started: 2nd week of Oct.
- on the vessel: mid Nov.
- arrived Halifax: 28 Nov.
- on the train across Canada: early Dec.
- reached Vancouver port: ~15 Dec.
- complete the purchase and drove it from the Vancouver dealership: Dec. 21, 2017 (could have been Dec. 18, but there were delays on our side not the dealership)

Last edited by DrGH; 12-29-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by rk9
That's pretty fast. Mine is built 20 days back but it's still waiting for a ship in Germany. Not sure if something is wrong or it's because of the holiday season.
I order a car in early November and got a build date of December 8. As of two days ago, it was still sitting at the dock (B8 - assigned to a ship). I, actually, got impatient and went to the dealership because I was wanting to give in and buy something off the lot. My dealer talked me off the ledge and reasoned that a lot of the wait even on priority one vehicles has to do with the holiday. I looked online at the vessel schedule from Bremerhaven and it looked like there was a vehicle carrier leaving yesterday headed for Long Beach. Not sure where you live rk9, but that is a possibility.

The other question is was your build made priority one after the dealer put your name on it. If not, it could take longer to get to you.

Last edited by kpmd; 12-30-2017 at 09:31 AM.
rk9 (01-02-2018)
Old 12-30-2017, 11:57 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by kpmd
I order a car in early November and got a build date of December 8. As of two days ago, it was still sitting at the dock (B8 - assigned to a ship). I, actually, got impatient and went to the dealership because I was wanting to give in and buy something off the lot. My dealer talked me off the ledge and reasoned that a lot of the wait even on priority one vehicles has to do with the holiday. I looked online at the vessel schedule from Bremerhaven and it looked like there was a vehicle carrier leaving yesterday headed for Long Beach. Not sure where you live rk9, but that is a possibility.

The other question is was your build made priority one after the dealer put your name on it. If not, it could take longer to get to you.
Mine left Germany headed for Long Beach on 11/30. It was at Long Beach by 12/21 and waited for the trucking company several days (through Xmas holiday). It arrived at dealer 12/29 at night. It was set up today for me but I’m not at home this weekend! I hope I’ll be home in time to see her tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
December 30 order, Feb/March delivery est. (California )

2018 GLC 300 4Matic
Diamond Silver
Silk/Beige MBTex
Premium Driver Assist, which requires Multimedia (COMAND) Package
GLITCH: Adaptive Parking Assist (this can be ordered with the Premium Drive Assist by your dealer, despite the on-line builder's prohibition
Top Stitch
Burmeister
Front and Back Heated Seats
LED head and tail-lamps
Note: 18 inch wheeel options are no-cost in 4Matic
Old 01-01-2018, 10:34 AM

GLC300
Originally Posted by atsf
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
Diamond Silver
Silk/Beige MBTex
GLITCH: Adaptive Parking Assist (this can be ordered with the Premium Drive Assist by your dealer, despite the on-line builder's prohibition
Top Stitch
Burmeister
LED head and tail-lamps

I just took delivery of diamond silver last night. It's an incredible color! My car was the first I've seen, Since I ordered it, none of the dealers near me had any car in that color. I'll need to take more pictures because the camera is not showing the blue or dark silver tones. Down below it looks like straight silver. It's a bit of a chameleon. It looks silver, bright silver, dark silver, and silver with light blue, depending on the light.

I also got the premium driver assist package, parking assist, burrmeister, panorama roof, and advanced lighting. The adaptive lighting package so far is one of the features I'm most excited about. I took some curves at night last night and the light bending was awesome!

I was also tickled with the distronic + steering assist. Ive driven a car with distronic before, but not with the steering assist. The distronic also works so much better than my SO's 2012 AMG. .

I ended up buying instead of leasing. I have to admit its a different feeling knowing it's purchased.

Mzparker (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 01:37 PM

It really is a great color.
Like you, I didn't see this color in any car on the dealer's very large lot.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:44 PM

glk 350
Nice color
Old 01-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Originally Posted by atsf
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
Diamond Silver
Silk/Beige MBTex
Top Stitch
Burmeister
LED head and tail-lamps
Are you sure this is correct? I’d like to confirm if you can actually order rear heated seats in MB Tex. That would be great!
Old 01-02-2018, 10:11 AM
rk9

ACCORD
Originally Posted by kpmd

I don't know if it's a priority order. The car is already built and it almost matches what I want. The dealer told it's for another dealer and they can get it for me.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Yes, it's on my PO and the online build allows it too.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mtberman

Are you sure this is correct? I’d like to confirm if you can actually order rear heated seats in MB Tex. That would be great!
Yes, it's on my PO and online build allows it too.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:26 PM

GLC 300
My GLC is on boat now:

Voyage DetailsBill of Lading Number Booking Number Vessel Name Voyage Number Port of Load ETD
(DD-MM-YYYY) Port of Discharge ETA
(DD-MM-YYYY) Port of Receipt Port of Final DestinationMCA752HAL01 DEBRB1605685 TIRRANNA CA752-TIR BREMERHAVEN 28-12-2017 HALIFAX, NS 13-01-2018

Last edited by wugang101; 01-03-2018 at 01:33 PM. Reason: format
rk9 (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM
rk9

ACCORD
Originally Posted by wugang101
My GLC is on boat now:

Voyage DetailsBill of Lading Number Booking Number Vessel Name Voyage Number Port of Load ETD
(DD-MM-YYYY) Port of Discharge ETA
(DD-MM-YYYY) Port of Receipt Port of Final DestinationMCA752HAL01 DEBRB1605685 TIRRANNA CA752-TIR BREMERHAVEN 28-12-2017 HALIFAX, NS 13-01-2018
When was your car built?
Old 01-03-2018, 07:27 PM

2018 AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by GLCKitty

Mine left Germany headed for Long Beach on 11/30. It was at Long Beach by 12/21 and waited for the trucking company several days (through Xmas holiday). It arrived at dealer 12/29 at night. It was set up today for me but I’m not at home this weekend! I hope I’ll be home in time to see her tomorrow.
My GLC43 left Bremerhaven on 11/26 and arrived Long Beach 12/27. Looks like mine took the slow boat. Tracking the ship's journey was like watching paint dry. Many stops along the way and long waits at anchor to get into several small Central American ports. It was interesting, but I wouldn't do the tracking thing again.
Now just waiting for it to make the long journey to Portland, SA said it would be shipped here by rail, but I read somewhere that all shipments out of the LB VPC are by truck.
Your truck part of the trip didn't take long. Are you located close to LB?
Old 01-03-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ALCPDX
My GLC43 left Bremerhaven on 11/26 and arrived Long Beach 12/27.
Now just waiting for it to make the long journey to Portland, SA said iot would be shipped here by rail, but I read somewhere that all shipments out of the LB VPC are by truck.
My EDP GLC300 also took 1 month to make the long journey from Bremerhaven to LB, then another 11 days to make it from LB to Wilsonville MB. Hopefully your long wait will be over any day now.
ALCPDX (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 09:02 PM

2018 AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by ted_jane
My experience with Wilsonville MB was similar to Mr J's. I ordered an EDP car in January, after a few hiccups with factory shortages in Germany, I picked up my GLC300 May 5th. With each hiccup, the SA was right on top of it. I was notified immediately and the options to resolve the problem was explained. At no time was my order canceled by the factory because a build option wasn't available. Canceling the order does not make any sense.
My dealer was not Wilsonville MB much to my regret. I too have only heard good feedback on the Wilsonville experience. My SA was not very forthcoming with updates unless I nagged him. I am hesitant to name the dealer until after I take delivery. But there are only three dealerships in the Metro area, so take a guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room