GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 160 Likes on 151 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Sounds about right.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:52 PM
ACN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 GLC 4Matic
I got a VIN about three weeks ago, however, I cannot find it on the boat's cargo ID. Suggestions?
​​
Old 08-07-2017, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by ACN
I got a VIN about three weeks ago, however, I cannot find it on the boat's cargo ID. Suggestions?
​​
What boat is your Car on? Mercedes uses multiple shipping lines not just WW. Your dealer should be able to tell you when your car makes it to Bremerhaven and when it is assigned to ship and what ship it is on. If your car is coming from Finland it gets two ship rides. If it comes from from Bremen. It gets only one.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Dealer called and said the car went to red status, should be built at the end of this month, and will be ready for pickup about 3 weeks later. Salesman acted like he'd never heard what I was talking about when I asked for a screenshot of the order page.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Senatov
Dealer called and said the car went to red status, should be built at the end of this month, and will be ready for pickup about 3 weeks later. Salesman acted like he'd never heard what I was talking about when I asked for a screenshot of the order page.
Talk to his boss/manager. He can get you a screen shot. When I ordered my GLC, my SA updated me through the whole process from order thru delivery.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by xJaydeex
Great thanks, i think she said 4th of Sept for the build date, does that sound right if 28th for delivery? 🤔 (UK)
Just a note, Jaydee. I'm not sure a dealer has access to a specific build date (such as 9/4) this early in the process. MB only refers to "decades" in their Netstar system that the dealer looks at. Each month is divided into 3 ten day "decades". There is a "Scheduled Prod Date" early in the order process. Mine was 17/06/1D, which meant the first decade of June. It was built 6/10/17.

I wonder if she's reading the 4th decade of Sept as 9/4?

Let us know what is on the screen shot of your Order screen like Dieseldoc suggested to senatov and you can see the scheduled production date for yourself. It is NOT a secret! It's your car, your dealer shouldn't mind giving you any info he has in Netstar.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes 250d AMG Line 4Matic Coupe.
Originally Posted by Vaboy
Just a note, Jaydee. I'm not sure a dealer has access to a specific build date (such as 9/4) this early in the process. MB only refers to "decades" in their Netstar system that the dealer looks at. Each month is divided into 3 ten day "decades". There is a "Scheduled Prod Date" early in the order process. Mine was 17/06/1D, which meant the first decade of June. It was built 6/10/17.

I wonder if she's reading the 4th decade of Sept as 9/4?

Let us know what is on the screen shot of your Order screen like Dieseldoc suggested to senatov and you can see the scheduled production date for yourself. It is NOT a secret! It's your car, your dealer shouldn't mind giving you any info he has in Netstar.
Thanks yes ill ask for a screen shot & see what it says for myself.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
--
How long does it take for a car to go from "red status" to being actually built? I was under the impression 2 weeks, but apparently I'm wrong ..

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:39 PM

2018 GLC300
Hello all,,
MB Noobie here..
Getting rid of 2011 Q7 PP. ( Got so sick of Excessive Oil Consumption : Low oil on every 600-700 Mile)

Just Ordered GLC300W4 from MB Englewood, NJ
BLK on Blk, Grey Headliner
Prem Pkg
Heated Seat Front and rear and Steering wheel
Smart Phone Int.
Pan Roof
LED
Burmester Audio

Production Date Sept 1
Estimated Delivery : Early Oct.

Last edited by 3dken; 08-08-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
I as well have been looking at the MB dealer in Englewood. How was their pricing?

Originally Posted by 3dken
Hello all,,
MB Noobie here..
Getting rid of 2011 Q7 PP. ( Got so sick of Excessive Oil Consumption : Low oil on every 600-700 Mile)

Just Ordered GLC300W4 from MB Englewood, NJ
BLK on Blk, Grey Headliner
Prem Pkg
Heated Seat Front and rear and Steering wheel
Smart Phone Int.
Pan Roof
LED
Burmester Audio

Production Date Sept 1
Estimated Delivery : Early Oct.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 PM

2018 GLC300
MB Englewood, nj

Originally Posted by nsoltz
I as well have been looking at the MB dealer in Englewood. How was their pricing?

I been to Fairfield, Paramus, and Englewood..

The Price was pretty much same through out.. as it is hot car at the moment

Just Remember that Advertising and Destination charge are already included in the Invoice. Sometimes dealer add Destination and advertising fee again on the paper,, watch out for that,,

Last edited by 3dken; 08-08-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by arch85
How long does it take for a car to go from "red status" to being actually built? I was under the impression 2 weeks, but apparently I'm wrong ..

Thanks!
I don't know what "red status" is. Read through this thread some and you'll see the holy grail of information, in other words, the only info that matters, is what's in the dealer Netstar system. What matters is your cars "Est. Prod Date". Anything else the dealer tells you are generalities and have nothing to do with where your car is in the MB production schedule.

As your cars gets near its Est. Prod Date there are several codes that will be recorded in the Netstar system that will clue you in as to its status.

You really need to read through this thread and learn what you can about Production/Shipping codes in Netstar. Anything else the dealer tells you that is not based on that info is BS.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:08 PM

--
Originally Posted by Vaboy
I don't know what "red status" is. Read through this thread some and you'll see the holy grail of information, in other words, the only info that matters, is what's in the dealer Netstar system. What matters is your cars "Est. Prod Date". Anything else the dealer tells you are generalities and have nothing to do with where your car is in the MB production schedule.

As your cars gets near its Est. Prod Date there are several codes that will be recorded in the Netstar system that will clue you in as to its status.

You really need to read through this thread and learn what you can about Production/Shipping codes in Netstar. Anything else the dealer tells you that is not based on that info is BS.
Thanks -- I did a while back and that's why I was under the impression that when on NetStar status goes to red, it means the car has been locked, no more changes can be made, and production should happen in next 2 weeks.

Unfortunately this thread has grown so much, that it'll take hours to go through every single page/post and hence I asked in-case some remembered off the top of their head.

My semi-frustration is coming from the fact that after reading some comments, I wanted to add the ABC to my car that I was initially advised not to add by multiple people at the dealership, but my rep told me that the car is now red and no more changes can be made .. this was 2 weeks ago, and yet, there's no new updates regarding build process etc. So I was a bit disappointed that MB locked the car so far ahead of production.

Oh well.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:17 PM

2023 EQB300
I am still curious about discounts that people in various regions are getting on MY 18 orders. I'm planning actually to sit down with several dealers next week. For very obvious reasons, no SA will quote via email.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:35 PM

--
Originally Posted by nsoltz
I am still curious about discounts that people in various regions are getting on MY 18 orders. I'm planning actually to sit down with several dealers next week. For very obvious reasons, no SA will quote via email.
Sitting down with several dealers is definitely a good idea. In Boston area, getting 10% off wasn't too big of a problem, with multiple dealers willing to match it and 1 dealer willing to offer 13% off back in June.

I was able to get a pretty aggressive price on my trade-in as well -- lets just hope they honor their word on the trade-in and don't make me go to a different dealer once the car does actually show up.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:42 PM

2023 EQB300
Appreciate the info. Can always shoot up to Boston if the NYC area dealers are unwilling to deal.

Any NYC area buyers care to share discounts?

Sitting down with several dealers is definitely a good idea. In Boston area, getting 10% off wasn't too big of a problem, with multiple dealers willing to match it and 1 dealer willing to offer 13% off back in June.

I was able to get a pretty aggressive price on my trade-in as well -- lets just hope they honor their word on the trade-in and don't make me go to a different dealer once the car does actually show up.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:09 PM

Thanks -- I did a while back and that's why I was under the impression that when on NetStar status goes to red, it means the car has been locked, no more changes can be made, and production should happen in next 2 weeks.

Unfortunately this thread has grown so much, that it'll take hours to go through every single page/post and hence I asked in-case some remembered off the top of their head.

My semi-frustration is coming from the fact that after reading some comments, I wanted to add the ABC to my car that I was initially advised not to add by multiple people at the dealership, but my rep told me that the car is now red and no more changes can be made .. this was 2 weeks ago, and yet, there's no new updates regarding build process etc. So I was a bit disappointed that MB locked the car so far ahead of production.

Oh well.
I thought you were just being a little lazy, but I understand it could be hard to zero in on what you need to know. I'm obviously guilty of being a little wordy!

Two things you can do:

Get your dealer to show you the Order Update screen or the Vehicle Information screen. "Red Status" must mean it's a code B3 -No Changes Possible. But you need to know where your car is in the list of codes here:

MB Production/shipping

A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WQTER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
I1 RETAIL

There are lots of other codes that will show up in Netstar in between these code, but the ones above could be considered "milestone" codes.

Alternatively, maybe your dealer would be willing to take your car into his inventory and let you grab his next allotment and add the ABC as you mentioned. Of course if he doesn't have any allotments available for a while you may not want to wait.

I will say my wife bought a BMW off the dealers lot that didn't have the Harman Kardon upgrade she wanted (or Nav she thought she could live without) and she's been unhappy ever since. Just something to think about. In fact, her BMW was one somebody ordered and decided they didn't want it.

Any questions once you get your Netstar printout (which they should give you), just post back here.

Last edited by Vaboy; 08-09-2017 at 11:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
arch85 (08-18-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 02:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 GLC43 (On Order)
For all of you who have taken delivery of the GLC -- are all of yours non-AMG versions of the car? It appears to be so, but wanted to check in.

My 43 arrived in Long Beach last Wednesday, my SA updated me today and said they don't plan to release the 43 until the end of this month. Just wanted to confirm if anybody else is hearing anything similar, and if all the 2018's that have been delivered have been the non-AMG?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by /////Tbro
For all of you who have taken delivery of the GLC -- are all of yours non-AMG versions of the car? It appears to be so, but wanted to check in.

My 43 arrived in Long Beach last Wednesday, my SA updated me today and said they don't plan to release the 43 until the end of this month. Just wanted to confirm if anybody else is hearing anything similar, and if all the 2018's that have been delivered have been the non-AMG?
End of month? That sucks. Must be some changes they don't want released?

Yep, mine was just a plain old 2018 GLC 300 4Matic SUV!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amg glc 43 coupe ordered, about to be cancelled
Originally Posted by /////Tbro
My 43 arrived in Long Beach last Wednesday, my SA updated me today and said they don't plan to release the 43 until the end of this month.
Dealer says the same about my 43 coupe, which is also sitting in Long Beach after being shipped on the Sincerity Ace. Actually, he said he'll find out more between today and Aug 15th.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 AM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Originally Posted by smorgasbord
Dealer says the same about my 43 coupe, which is also sitting in Long Beach after being shipped on the Sincerity Ace. Actually, he said he'll find out more between today and Aug 15th.
I don't know how long you've been following the thread, but my 43 was also on the Sincerity Ace. Looks like we made the voyage together. My SA followed up with me today and confirmed it won't be released to them until late this month early next month, hoping it's at least this month. Let me know if you hear anything else and thanks for chiming in.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
If this helps or makes the anticipation worse, I am still waiting for my 2017 43 to arrive from Long Beach. It was on Meridian Ace which arrived at Long Beach on July 19th. It was assigned to a truck last Friday and now just waiting for the pick up call.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:16 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Originally Posted by SawyerB
If this helps or makes the anticipation worse, I am still waiting for my 2017 43 to arrive from Long Beach. It was on Meridian Ace which arrived at Long Beach on July 19th. It was assigned to a truck last Friday and now just waiting for the pick up call.
I will just blame you. MBUSA holding all MY18 43 deliveries until Sawyer gets his '17 haha.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
That's funny. At this point I am ready to pick it up from Long Beach myself. Was told today that it's still sitting at the port and they are trying to find out what's going on. My lease was up on current one, so I have been driving their loaner C Class for weeks now, so they want 43 to arrive quickly too. Ted_Jane was on the ship as mine and will have his 1st maintenance due by the time I get mine!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by SawyerB
That's funny. At this point I am ready to pick it up from Long Beach myself. Was told today that it's still sitting at the port and they are trying to find out what's going on. My lease was up on current one, so I have been driving their loaner C Class for weeks now, so they want 43 to arrive quickly too. Ted_Jane was on the ship as mine and will have his 1st maintenance due by the time I get mine!
Yeah, my car arrived at the dealer 2 weeks ago come tomorrow, and Portland is a lot farther from Long Beach than Arizona. Maybe you car, being a 43, got caught up in the hold on MY18 43s.

My car is a regular GLC300, could it be the people in Long Beach can't tell the difference between a MY17 43 and a MY18?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room