GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Questions before purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A6
Questions before purchase

Looking at getting a UK new build sport with premium spec but not sure about the features as the web site is too difficult to compare and get details of sub features. Can anyone with the info please help?

as it's a sport premium it has nav and Bluetooth but can I stream audio from my phone to the car. In the 2013 Audi a6 I can but when I tried this on a sport premium at the dealer the phone would not let me enable the media access and it did not appear in the sources on the car once connected. I have android.

how easy is it to disable the in motion lock for nav etc? I see posts about it but no real details on how.

does it actually have parking sensors? I saw it has a parking camera for the rear but does it beep when you get close on the front and rear as I couldn't get the tester to beep but the sales guy said it does.

thanks
Old 03-29-2017, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Can't help with your other points but the sensors front and rear beep but only when you get very close to an object. There are visible bars in the front menu system for front sensors and for some reason in the roof above the rear seats for the rear sensors. On these you get 5 amber bars for each side of the car followed by 2 red ones when the beep comes on.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:11 PM

Audi A6
Thanks just checked the Mercedes site and not sure if it's but updated but it seems to say the sport now comes with self parking or has it always?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I can't help you with the sport specifications, I never looked at it....

I'm not sure what SatNav you are going for. Is it the Garmin or the Mercedes Command Online? I know if you have the Mercedes system it will stream no problem, and it will read your local music.

Don't know which nav you are talking about, also don't know what the motion lock is. I drive I press the linguatronic button and say my required destination.

The parking sensors are in my experience really good. The positioning in the rear is perfect as I always seem them in my rearview mirror. The front was by the windscreen on my GL which is better than in the dashboard for the GLC, but still very good.

I can't get self parking to quickly park me. I'm much quicker.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
I just ordered my GLC 300 4Matic (US) so my knowledge is limited to my own research and what I've read on forums like this. Thank you guys and gals for all the helpful info!
After reading another question on here about parking sensors and the replies, and checking with my dealer, it seems that in the US anyway, you must order the Advanced Parking Assistance package to get the front and rear parking sensors. I had assumed, like several posters who were extremely disappointed when they took delivery of their new GLC's, that parking sensors were "standard" on a car like this. Apparently they are not.
Maybe someone else can confirm this.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 AM

Audi A6
I believe they are standard as the dealer said they were but there not like conventional sensors that beep shorter as you get closer but they only beep when your very close to say stop. Give it a test with something soft.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
The parking sensors are part of the parking assistance package, you can't get them without it. I don't mind not having the rear sensors - as the camera is enough, but it would be nice to have the front ones (especially since the bumper looks like it has them)
Old 03-30-2017, 10:14 AM

Audi A6
The sport says it comes with Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera which I assume means sensors?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by crsnwby
The sport says it comes with Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera which I assume means sensors?
Active parking assist parks the car for you....try it once and probably never use it again!

PARKTRONIC means sensors..... the signals that light up are poorly placed and hard to see and system only beeps when you are extremely close to an obstacle.

Camera works well.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:09 PM

Audi A6
Excellent thanks will have to get used to it.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by zhenyaf
The parking sensors are part of the parking assistance package, you can't get them without it. I don't mind not having the rear sensors - as the camera is enough, but it would be nice to have the front ones (especially since the bumper looks like it has them)
Which is exactly what I love about them! It is the same system as on our GLS. The location is perfect for when you watch your mirror, you can see them change colour and get more lines. And when they start beeping and turn red you still have miles of safety zone around them.

I got used to them on a proper big passenger car, it is all that is need in my option on a small suv like the GLC...
Old 03-31-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
X3
Just got my GLC.

I am a little disappointed to find out that there is no parking sensor. There is rear view camera, but for the front, you have to use your own judgement. A parking sensor that beeps would be nice.

I can't see any reason for not making it part of the premium package or make it a standalone option because most people won't get the parking assist package. It just sound weird when you have P3 and no parking sensor.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:58 PM

Audi A6
To clear up any miss understanding of parking sensors. In the UK they all come with sensors and camera. The sensor only beeps when you are close.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC300 Coupe
Not having parking sensors is disappointing, but given that there is the parking package that lists the sensors as an added feature, not really a surprise.