GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Issue Connecting Mercedes Me to Google Assistant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
Issue Connecting Mercedes Me to Google Assistant

Awhile back, I was able to connect Google assistant (Ok, Google) to Mercedes Me to start my car. It was much quicker to do it that way than having to go into the Mercedes Me app, put in my code then start the process. I recently started getting the message that it was temporarily unavailable.

Is anyone else having this issue? And how do I try and reconnect it? I can't remember what I did the first time, and I'm not able to find specific instructions online on how to do it. I've been through the Mercedes Me app, but don't see an option there. Has it been discontinued?
Old 09-06-2017, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 151 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Maybe there is a security issue and because of this it has been disabled!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:28 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Roowah
Awhile back, I was able to connect Google assistant (Ok, Google) to Mercedes Me to start my car. It was much quicker to do it that way than having to go into the Mercedes Me app, put in my code then start the process. I recently started getting the message that it was temporarily unavailable.

Is anyone else having this issue? And how do I try and reconnect it? I can't remember what I did the first time, and I'm not able to find specific instructions online on how to do it. I've been through the Mercedes Me app, but don't see an option there. Has it been discontinued?
Did you do some sort of pairing initially? Or did you just ask Google to open the app for you?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:53 AM

2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
Did you do some sort of pairing initially? Or did you just ask Google to open the app for you?
I did have to link my Google to Mercedes Me, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I did it, and I can't find the detailed information online anymore.

Is this functioning for other users? I was able to say "OK, Google tell Mercedes Me to start my car" and it worked.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Interesting - playing around with Google

Interesting - I had noted the announcement several months ago - but hadn't thought thru it.

Now - on Mercedes me you need to manually re-sign in every 120 days - same user/password.

On Google Home - these instructions may or may not be current:

https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MercedesMe...googlehome.pdf
Old 09-08-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord
Service not available

I had the same setup and checked after reading your post and get the same "service not available" message?
Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Interesting - I had noted the announcement several months ago - but hadn't thought thru it.

Now - on Mercedes me you need to manually re-sign in every 120 days - same user/password.

On Google Home - these instructions may or may not be current:

https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MercedesMe...googlehome.pdf
Is Google Home the same as Google Assistant though? I thought it provided different functionality.

Originally Posted by Boomer233
I had the same setup and checked after reading your post and get the same "service not available" message?
Do you remember what you did to initially link Mercedes Me to Google assistant? I wonder if they decided to terminate that ability? Who would I reach out to to get an official answer?
Old 09-08-2017, 07:14 PM

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
i noticed the google now app keeps changing - things it used to do it doesnt seem to do anymore - so i would not be surprised if google removed this feature from the app and now it doesnt work with mercedesme anymore.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:20 PM

Out of curiosity, I called MB and spoke with someone in the Mercedes Me department, and although she couldn't give me an answer why, she did confirm that it was discontinued. Oddly, she also said I was the first call she's had regarding this.

Too bad, I really like that functionality, as it was a lot faster (and cooler) to start my car with a 1 sentence command, vs. starting the app, putting my PIN, then selecting to remote start the car.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300
I have the same issue. I disconnected Google thinking I could reconnect it and see if it fixed the issue but now it won't let me reconnect it.