GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC 43 vs GLC 350d

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
GLS350d
GLC 43 vs GLC 350d

I'm downsizing from a GLS350d and yesterday drove both 43 and the 350d back to back.

Surprisingly the 350d was amazingly responsive and powerful . Has anyone else done this comparison as I would be keen to hear about your findings.

My ( wife's ) main concern is harness of the ride ( 43 ) and the exhaust note as we primarily do long trips up to 8 hours or will the eco mode take care of this?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Wanty
I'm downsizing from a GLS350d and yesterday drove both 43 and the 350d back to back.

Surprisingly the 350d was amazingly responsive and powerful . Has anyone else done this comparison as I would be keen to hear about your findings.

My ( wife's ) main concern is harness of the ride ( 43 ) and the exhaust note as we primarily do long trips up to 8 hours or will the eco mode take care of this?
The '43 displays no drone from the exhaust in sport, comfort, or eco. I do not use S+ for highway driving. I've taken my GLC43 on one very long road trip (about 2000mi total) so far and the exhaust note was not an issue even though I drove most of the distance in sport mode.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 GLC43
I've done 7k miles in my GLC43, some longish range drives from Houston to New Orleans (400 miles each way) and other similar distance trips. Had no issues driving it at 80mph for hours in 35C peak Texan summer. I would say though for long distances the sprung suspension is more comfortable than the air suspension having driven both on highways, gearbox was also smoother on the GLC300 in Comfort mode (no diesel to compare to in US).
Old 02-08-2018, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
In the UK the 43 has air suspension as standard and no way can the ride be described as harsh.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Originally Posted by Philamg
In the UK the 43 has air suspension as standard and no way can the ride be described as harsh.
Does it have full Air suspension or just rear like the new E class estate? I currently have a C250d and glc coupe 250d both with Air and I really dont want to go back but I didnt know the 43 has it. I heard it has it at the rear but I wasnt sure if it was optional to get full air suspension?! my lease is up soon for one of them so Im hoping there is a possibility or back to the 250d's.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by Dr_xavz
Does it have full Air suspension or just rear like the new E class estate? I currently have a C250d and glc coupe 250d both with Air and I really dont want to go back but I didnt know the 43 has it. I heard it has it at the rear but I wasnt sure if it was optional to get full air suspension?! my lease is up soon for one of them so Im hoping there is a possibility or back to the 250d's.
Not an expert but would imagine it has full air suspension as there is a button that allows you to raise and lower the car , works at front and rear.

Can't find a link to GLC air suspension but here's one for the C class which I assume has same suspension:

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...ension-system/
Old 02-18-2018, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc GLC Coupe 250d AMG Line Prem Plus
Originally Posted by Philamg
Not an expert but would imagine it has full air suspension as there is a button that allows you to raise and lower the car , works at front and rear.

Can't find a link to GLC air suspension but here's one for the C class which I assume has same suspension:

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...ension-system/
Wow, the 43 is defo a car I would really like. Especially the c43 coupe, but I cant deal with no air suspension. Once you get it you dont really want to go back, so its fantastic that its in the GLC43 Coupe! Hopefully my next lease if Mercedes have a decent deal on it
Old 02-18-2018, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Wow, the 43 is defo a car I would really like. Especially the c43 coupe, but I cant deal with no air suspension. Once you get it you dont really want to go back, so its fantastic that its in the GLC43 Coupe! Hopefully my next lease if Mercedes have a decent deal on it
Both '43 SUV and Coupe U Vee have full air active air suspension. It's firmer than the old school version and provides active dampening it's a variant of the existing ABC system.

From MBUSA:

The GLC 43's advanced, lightweight adaptive air suspension responds with equal skill to the demands of the city streets, open highways and winding back roads. Based on class-exclusive AIR BODY CONTROL, its AMG-calibrated sensors and pressurized air spring-struts respond within 60 milliseconds to road-surface and driving conditions. It also self-lowers at speed to further enhance handling stability and efficiency. AMG DYNAMIC SELECT lets you vary the firmness and ride height.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
In the UK the GLC43 suv and coupe have the air suspension as standard.