GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Opinions on options for 2019 GLC 300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Opinions on AMG Line package for 2019 GLC 300 and Saddle brown leather

I am getting a new GLC 300 after I got in an accident this week in my 2018 GLC. Not my fault, but the car protected me, as I walked away with minimal injuries.
I wanted to possibly upgrade a few options from last time. Is the AMG Line worth it? Are the 19" wheels and upgraded brakes worth the price? Does it help the performance and braking over the standard 18" wheels, and is it noticeable?
Any opinions on Saddle brown leather over the MBtex? I know it's either one or the other, as it appears that AMG Line is only with black.
Thanks!

Last edited by Tobias74; 10-27-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
I have saddle brown and love it. Has a very rich look. There are better options than AMG line such as adaptive headlights, heads up display, and premium driver assist for safety.
The following users liked this post:
JenHoie (08-25-2022)
Old 10-28-2018, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
IMHO AMG line is only good for one thing - the nice black trim. Nothing else in that package is worth it. Bigger wheels mean harsher ride/more expensive tires. I doubt the brakes are upgraded a whole lot - there are true AMG brakes I really doubt these are them - I may be wrong. As William said - lots of other packages that are a much better investment!

On leather vs MBtex - that's a personal option. As someone who has now had numerous cars with MBTex - I would not want leather again. Mercedes nailed it with that finish. It's durable, you can wash it with harsh chemicals and it wears like nothing else out there. I have two dogs that get taken all over the place, I cannot imagine what my interior would look like from their nails if it were natural leather. But this is a very personal option. If you don't need to carry animals or don't worry about cleanup - the real leather is very nice. Only issue I've ever had with it was in my C63 - the bolsters are so big the leather wears in those spots. Of course the true wear occurs just outside of the warranty period - up til then it slowly degrades.

Enjoy picking out your replacement!
Old 10-29-2018, 01:12 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Glad you are OK. It's nice to know the GLC is a safe vehicle. I think AMG Line is worth it if you want certain items. I should have ordered AMG Line because it included items I ordered separately, and because I think it's a good look. But that's me.

Not a fan of the leather package. It's ridiculously expensive for what you get and adds little if anything to resale value. I never thought I'd say this but I'm super happy with MB Tex.

One thing I wish had been available when I ordered was the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility. I would definitely get that if I was buying again.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC
My wife had to have the 20" wheels which forced the AMG line and black interior which we really didn't want.
Now that we have it I do like the AMG styling better and those 20" wheels are currently Mercedes' nicest, but the runflat 20" summer tires really compromise the ride.
The upgraded brakes can't hurt either, but are likely unnecessary in the real world. Definitely changing to all-season go flats!
IMO also get the premium pkg (I cheaped out), the Burmester sounds great, and the Garmin is all you need.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:31 AM
S.W

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC300, 2024 GLE 450e
Originally Posted by mtberman

One thing I wish had been available when I ordered was the Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility. I would definitely get that if I was buying again.
Second that! Whatever you do, make sure you get the smartphone pkg to enable Carplay/Auto
Old 11-05-2018, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Originally Posted by S.W
Second that! Whatever you do, make sure you get the smartphone pkg to enable Carplay/Auto
And if you feel like you're losing something with the "smaller screen" because of it - don't regret it for a second. The resolution is the same - in the GLA, the lower-end screen is not just smaller but half the resolution so it looks like garbage. In the GLC, it's the same quality and you don't notice the missing inch of screen. Everything is crystal clear. Well worth the trade off to run your own navigation app.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLB 250
I really like the AMG and Night packages for the sporty look. Is it worth it? Only you can decide. I love the distinctive wheels and black trim.

I agree the MB-Tex is great. I wouldn't spring for leather, personally.

My other favorite options are the Smartphone Integration with CarPlay and the stand-alone LED headlights.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Thank you all for the replies. My original GLC was Brilliant Blue with Advanced Lighting Package, Premium 1, Apple Car Play, Pano roof, and heated front seats (wasn't standard on 2018s).

2019 that I ordered today is Selenite Gray with Night Package, same features as above + Burmester + Driver Assist Package. 10% off of custom built + fleet incentives which I think (hope) is a pretty good deal.

Thanks all! Now for the wait.