LiveTraffic is not working since last month

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 01:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC 300
Unhappy LiveTraffic is not working since last month

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and I really need some help. I have exhausted all my troubleshooting steps and hopefully someone can shred some light.
LiveTraffic stop working since (around) last month. Has anyone notice the same thing? Here is what I did to troubleshoot:
  • My car is 2020 GLC300 4matic
  • I am located at Canada Vancouver
  • I have internet connection (i.e. I have 2+ bars all the time)
  • Tried to reset to factory settings and still no luck
  • Remote engine start / door lock or unlock WORKS. This means the car is still picking up internet signal from me (my phone)
  • I have heard Mercedes changed LiveTraffic vendor from TomTom to HERE. Would that be the reason?
  • MercedesMe, Weather app NOT work. It keeps saying "unable to load content, would you like to retry [yes/no]"
Just wondering if anyone can give some some suggestion to try? or I have to bring it back to the shop to re-install entire software?
Much appreciated if anyone can help and please let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks,
Eric.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,973 Likes on 2,649 Posts
2019 C63CS
Have you verified that the life traffic service is still activated? If it's activated, try deactivating it and then activating it again. Otherwise you'll have to contact Mercedes me connect support. I had live traffic stop working out of the blue during the pandemic and they fixed it after I contacted them.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:13 AM

GLC 300
Many thanks SuperSwiss, yes, the LiveTraffic service is activated. See Below screenshot.
- I will deactive and then reactive again and see if it works
- If it still doesn't work, I will call them first thing Monday morning. I tried to call them and Connect Me department open Mon-Fry 9am-5pm Eastern Time.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
That's just the purchased package. Go to the app and check if under Manage Services the individual service is actually active as shown in my screenshot.
Old 03-16-2024, 02:32 AM

GLC 300
Hi SuperSwiss, it seems your app is different from mine. This is what it shows on my App. Which one should I go to?
By the way, I did click "Deactivate Digital Extra" and "Activate again". No luck.

Last edited by EricLeung; 03-16-2024 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
You are in the wrong place. Tap the hamburger in the top left corner, then tap your vehicle, then Manage Services.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:44 AM

GLC 300
Thanks SuperSwiss, you are super sweet. I never thought about click there. Let me check again. I may need to go to get better reception (just in case). Brb in 10 mins to report the result

Old 03-16-2024, 03:05 AM

GLC 300
Hi SuperSwiss, sorry, still no luck. If it is working, the word "LIVE" should be white in bold, right?
Are there more things that I can try or my only option is to call Connect Me Monday morning?

Old 03-16-2024, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
So, I have COMAND, but that looks about right. LIVETRAFFIC, with LIVE in white font and TRAFFIC more gray. Have you accidentally turned off the traffic map overlay?

Old 03-16-2024, 03:17 AM

GLC 300
Interesting, 2 questions:
1. How do I know if LiveTraffic is actually working or not? I remember before, the word "LIVE" is bold. Any idea how to "check" LiveTraffic?
2. "Have you accidentally turned off the traffic map overlay", I reset it and everything is default. I turned on a few POI such as parking, restaurant, etc. Could you please guide me thru where I can check the "traffic map overlay"?

Once again, thank you so much for your help.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
1. My understanding is that if LIVETRAFFIC is shown, then it's supposed to be working.
2. I'll refer you to page 351 and the following few pages, so I don't have to repeat what's already in the owner's manual.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:28 AM

GLC 300
Sure thanks.
1. It is a bit hard to see after taking picture from camera. "LIVE"[in light grey] and "TRAFFIC"[in dark grey]. I will give it a try over the weekend and see if it is working. For the last few weeks, the word "LiveTraffic" is on but it is not showing any traffic (i.e. I am in a traffic and the map is not showing red line)
2. Sure, I will double check page 351 (or I am sure I can find it in the manual) but I believe I have "Traffic Overlay" on.

Last edited by EricLeung; 03-16-2024 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:44 AM

GLC 300
Hi SuperSwiss,
Thanks for the suggestion, I went to page 351 - 353 and verified that Traffic Information is on. The reason why I claim (or suspect) LiveTraffic is not working is because the following information never display on the map. It only shows the road.
In addition, I route point A to B and I know there is traffic jam. It never display "X mins" in red under the word LiveTraffic as well as the road is not showing red

Old 03-16-2024, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Yeah, then it looks like there is an issue on the backend and you'll have to contact them.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:53 AM

GLC 300
Will do SuperSwiss. I will report back here after I contact them and share the result.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:11 PM

GLC 300
Hi all, today, I called Mercedes Connect Me for a technical support regarding this issue. They asked me to fill out a template so that they can escalate to their tech team. One interesting that I see from their template is this error:
"Customer bought a new/extended an existing LTI license via webshop purchase. The head unit says "You have no valid subscription" but on MMP the service is active and according to MmcR/CPD license was generated/updated."

I have a feeling that something is not setup properly on their backend. May be my subscription didn't get transfer properly from TomTom to HERE? I will wait for MB's reply and see what the issue is.
The following users liked this post:
superswiss (03-18-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 07:47 PM

GLC 300
Hi all
Good news! After 2.5 months working with Mercedes Customer Support thru email, it is the HERMES unit needs to be replaced. Once they replaced it, it is working fine without any issue. Just to re-cap, it is the same solution as this post:https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...useless-2.html

If next person encounter this issue, most likely they need to replace HERMES unit.

Cheers!
The following 2 users liked this post by EricLeung:
JAMES HDC (06-11-2024), Serhan (06-01-2024)
Old 06-01-2024, 09:12 PM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
My GLB's LiveTraffic is not working since last year's service. The car was at the dealer for 2 weeks and they couldn't figure out... I am not getting the on air updates also. I will tell them in my next service in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by EricLeung
Hi all
Good news! After 2.5 months working with Mercedes Customer Support thru email, it is the HERMES unit needs to be replaced. Once they replaced it, it is working fine without any issue. Just to re-cap, it is the same solution as this post:https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...useless-2.html

If next person encounter this issue, most likely they need to replace HERMES unit.

Cheers!
Old 06-01-2024, 11:02 PM

GLC 300
Hi Serhan,

Sorry to hear your LiveTraffic is not working for 2 years. On the other hand, at least we are here to help by providing our experience.
1. just basic information, what year and model is your car?
2. I assume you did all the troubleshooting steps list above and still doesn't work, then
3. I assume you did renew the service, right? LiveTraffic service is something you have to pay extra every year?
4. I personally found that the quick way is to check is to go to Weather app and see if it work. If Weather app doesn't work, LiveTraffic won't work
5. If they need more information about LiveTraffic, they can refer to my case number "05731370" from Mercedes-Benz Canada Customer Assistance Centre (CAC).
(Not sure if they share (or can access) my Canada case number for US or different country)

If your LiveTraffic is similar to what I encounter (works 1-2 out of 10 times on average), I highly believe HERMES unit needs to be replaced. All is well, good luck and feel free to post here should you need any assistance. All of us are here to help.

Good luck and cheers!
Old 06-02-2024, 12:34 PM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
My car is GLB35 as is in my profile. 2021 MY came with 3 year of US LIVETRAFFIC service per dealer/MB call center. It worked for 2 years and stopped after the second service. I was getting air updates and that stopped also. I guess it is most probably the Hermes unit or sth else. I was going to extend as my traffic service that is going to expire in 1.5 months. I am using the google maps for a year from my iphone app, but the connection looses when I hit a bump. AMG shocks are much more stiff than the GLC300's (X253/X254) that I had as loaners... Thanks for the information.

There is also "Communications Module" update for MB connect, but I am not getting the OTA updates either:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...41527-0001.pdf

Hi Serhan,

Sorry to hear your LiveTraffic is not working for 2 years. On the other hand, at least we are here to help by providing our experience.
1. just basic information, what year and model is your car?
2. I assume you did all the troubleshooting steps list above and still doesn't work, then
3. I assume you did renew the service, right? LiveTraffic service is something you have to pay extra every year?
4. I personally found that the quick way is to check is to go to Weather app and see if it work. If Weather app doesn't work, LiveTraffic won't work
5. If they need more information about LiveTraffic, they can refer to my case number "05731370" from Mercedes-Benz Canada Customer Assistance Centre (CAC).
(Not sure if they share (or can access) my Canada case number for US or different country)

If your LiveTraffic is similar to what I encounter (works 1-2 out of 10 times on average), I highly believe HERMES unit needs to be replaced. All is well, good luck and feel free to post here should you need any assistance. All of us are here to help.

Good luck and cheers!
EricLeung (06-03-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE
Hi all

Cheers!
Hey I have same issue you have. Also in Vancouver. So how much it is cost to change? And which delar?
Old 06-11-2024, 09:05 PM

GLC 300
Hi James,
No charge for me as it is still under warranty.
I went to Richmond Service Center.
The address is: 13466 Verdun Pl, Richmond, BC V6V 1V2
Phone:
(604) 304-6630

It seems like lots of people are having this Live Traffic issue. Mercedes really need to make HERMES unit more reliable
Old 06-12-2024, 02:18 AM

GLE
Hi Eric,
I just book an appointment with RMD Benz this afternoon. Thought you might choose that one from your name Leung LOL.
Since mine is a used car from a Chinese dealer and don't have any warranty I think I might have to pay for that. Could check the bill and take a look to see if there's any cost on it although they covered your bill but still looking for a chance to know the cost. If it's too expensive then I might just seeking for a fullscreen carplay($650). Cuase all I need is livetraffic. And the carplay on my car is half screen that makes me quite uncomfortable.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:35 PM

GLC 300
Hi James,.
Yes, it is rather obvious I choose that dealer. I am sure you can guess where do I usually go for dinner.
Below is the bill, they didn't put the price, only (N/C). I capture the part that "replace HERMES" so that at least you know what works are involved.

Just my opinion, given the amount of work (labor) and "replace unit" (hardware) plus tax, I have a feeling that it would be expensive. I am guess your alternative for the fullscreen carplay ($650) may be a better option.
All is well, good luck.

P.S. If they are confused and give you a hard time, talk to Ivan Liang and say you have the same issue with "Eric Leung, White 2020 GLC 300. Bring the car in on 9 May and out on 11 May".

Old 06-13-2024, 03:36 PM

GLE
Thanks Eric,

I'll get the answer next thursday when I drive in. Got a chance still in warranty then this can also be FOC. If not and the cost is far more over $650 then I will leave it and go for the fullscreen carpaly cause google map and waze is far more better then built in Nav.
But if it is under warranty and free! Bro we gotta go for a drink to celebrate!!!
EricLeung (06-13-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LiveTraffic is not working since last month