GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

Digital light functions limited use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 01:30 PM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Digital light functions limited use

Just got this message this morning. Didn’t show last night in the dark!. Haven’t been to dealership yet. Anyone else had the same or know what is going on? Wondering if it is just a X254 or other models too?

Old 07-16-2023, 08:15 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 GLC
I wish I had that problem as I do not think my Digital Light headlamps are working correctly.
Did you notice anything different with the lights since you got the message?
Old 07-16-2023, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by DF777
I wish I had that problem as I do not think my Digital Light headlamps are working correctly.
No. I’m not sure what I’m looking for. Everything seems to be working.

Going to stop at dealership tomorrow and see what the SA has to say. Stay tuned!

Depending on the repair timeline I might have to wait till September because I leave for Spain on the 26th and won’t be back to 1st week in Sept. (I know it’s a tough life but someone has to support the travel industry).

The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (07-17-2023)
Old 07-16-2023, 08:43 AM

2023 GLC
It's probably a malfunction in the light control module and the Dealer will find a code when they plug in their scanner.
I would check all functions before you go, also see in the light settings if the Dynamic Low Beam is functional.
Did you happen to notice my post with the picture of the Low Beam with blacked out areas, is yours the same ?
Old 07-16-2023, 09:47 AM

It's probably a malfunction in the light control module and the Dealer will find a code when they plug in their scanner.
I would check all functions before you go, also see in the light settings if the Dynamic Low Beam is functional.
Did you happen to notice my post with the picture of the Low Beam with blacked out areas, is yours the same ?
This is a picture of my 2023 X254 with LED Digital Light headlamps on low beam.
I find the blacked out areas annoying and unnecessary. I am surprised that no one else on this
X254 forum has mentioned it. The Dealer let me have another X254 with Pinnacle Trim to drive
overnight and it was the same. The Dealer says if they are all the same then that's what I get.
I called MB to lodge a complaint ,they made a note of it.
I have the Pinnacle Trim and I did see the your post. I'll check out the lighting tonight and see if I can duplicate your photo while looking for any other lighting issues.

Old 07-16-2023, 12:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 GLC
what makes you think they aren’t working correctly? The most functionality is achieved whet the lights are on auto with the high beam enabled. You’ll see 2 headlight icons in the lower left corner of your dash. I think dynamic low beam has to be enabled, as well as all of the digital light functions in settings. You probably won’t notice much on the highway but on a road with sparse oncoming traffic, it should be noticeable. In other vehicles, I’m not a fan of the auto setting but with the digital light, it’s the only way to get the ultra range high beam, which lights up half the planet (and in the summer months, attracts half the bugs on the planet to the front of the car).
Old 07-16-2023, 01:16 PM

2023 GLC
Originally Posted by PhotoJeff
what makes you think they aren’t working correctly? The most functionality is achieved whet the lights are on auto with the high beam enabled. You’ll see 2 headlight icons in the lower left corner of your dash. I think dynamic low beam has to be enabled, as well as all of the digital light functions in settings. You probably won’t notice much on the highway but on a road with sparse oncoming traffic, it should be noticeable. In other vehicles, I’m not a fan of the auto setting but with the digital light, it’s the only way to get the ultra range high beam, which lights up half the planet (and in the summer months, attracts half the bugs on the planet to the front of the car).
The only issue I have is with the blacked out area on the low beams as per the picture. Everything else appears to be OK
Old 07-16-2023, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by PhotoJeff
I think I see the problem. What has to be done to fix it is a different. The dynamic low beams are not coming on and the screen on/off is not functioning and is greyed out in the on position.

Dynamic beam is on but it’s greyed out. The photo doesn’t pick up the grey. It won’t turn off.

3 small lights on bottom are the low beam.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:32 PM

Made the run to dealership. SA said “what’s that”!! Asked another SA if he had seen this error. Both said when would you like to drop off the 300. So made an appointment for Sept 10th when I return from Spain. SA said there is a recall note on the PC for powertrain software too.
Old 08-12-2023, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 GLC 4MATIC X254
My digital lights have the same blacked out/jagged appearance. I think that's just how they are.

I have had that error message before, they had to replace the leveling sensor because it was faulty- which also caused intermittently my brights to turn on whenever I sued my blinker at night. Electrical gremlins r/t leveling sensor? Never happened after fixed.

Now condensation in the headlights after car wash, sure they will fail soon.

These lights are frustrating because online they can do so much cool stuff, in real life all they do is simply turn the bright on/off with a curtain effect, and do a dance when you unlock the vehicle. Sigh.
Old 09-14-2023, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by DESAL
Made the run to dealership. SA said “what’s that”!! Asked another SA if he had seen this error. Both said when would you like to drop off the 300. So made an appointment for Sept 10th when I return from Spain. SA said there is a recall note on the PC for powertrain software too.
Turns out it was a software problem and not the lights themselves. The SA explained that the lights weren’t communicating with the controller. But the lights themselves were functioning as the should. Service did a software update and that cured the error.