GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

2024 GLC 300 SUV chirping sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 GLC 300
Unhappy 2024 GLC 300 SUV chirping sound

Hi, first time Mercedes Benz owner here. Bought a new 2024 GLC 300 SUV couple of months back. Sometimes I hear a chirping sound that seems to be coming from the back of the car, inside the car. I left it with the Service Center for 2-3 days and they said they couldn't reproduce it because it does not happen all the time. I've attached a recording of the sound that I hear. Has anybody else here experienced something similar? Surprising thing is that while I had left the car with the Service Center they gave a loaner C 300 and I could hear the same sound in it too. So wondering if this is something common to GLC/ C 300 models.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3
New Recording 169.mp3 (84.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-10-2024, 10:12 AM

Received 187 Likes on 150 Posts
'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by viveknr
Hi, first time Mercedes Benz owner here. Bought a new 2024 GLC 300 SUV couple of months back. Sometimes I hear a chirping sound that seems to be coming from the back of the car, inside the car. I left it with the Service Center for 2-3 days and they said they couldn't reproduce it because it does not happen all the time. I've attached a recording of the sound that I hear. Has anybody else here experienced something similar? Surprising thing is that while I had left the car with the Service Center they gave a loaner C 300 and I could hear the same sound in it too. So wondering if this is something common to GLC/ C 300 models.
Sounds normal, especially after a long trip and the engine is allowed to cool down. See if it only happens on longer trips vs shorter trips!
Old 06-10-2024, 10:20 AM

2024 GLC 300
Originally Posted by EWL5
Sounds normal, especially after a long trip and the engine is allowed to cool down. See if it only happens on longer trips vs shorter trips!
Hi, thanks for your response. It is not that I hear the sound only after long trips. Sometimes I hear it right after I start the vehicle in the morning and it has been sitting in the garage all night.
Old 06-10-2024, 12:38 PM

Received 187 Likes on 150 Posts
'23 GLS450
Originally Posted by viveknr
Hi, thanks for your response. It is not that I hear the sound only after long trips. Sometimes I hear it right after I start the vehicle in the morning and it has been sitting in the garage all night.
To me, that still sounds temperature related. Overnight it's cold and then a quick hit of heat...
That's a similar "tik tik tik" sound you hear from expansion, thermal change, etc. in lots of other machines.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:26 PM

2024 GLC 300
Originally Posted by EWL5
To me, that still sounds temperature related. Overnight it's cold and then a quick hit of heat...
That's a similar "tik tik tik" sound you hear from expansion, thermal change, etc. in lots of other machines.
ok, thanks for your response
Old 06-11-2024, 02:04 PM

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 C Class
Hi, W206 C300 owner here.
I check this forum every once in a while because it's basically the same platform with a lot of parts shared.
I too had a chirping sound coming from the back and I found the source to be the latch of the back seat, only when latched in position. If the seat is folded like in the picture it wouldn't make a sound.
I greased a bit the area and now I'm fine.

Old 06-11-2024, 02:26 PM

2024 GLC 300
Originally Posted by giovane
Hi, W206 C300 owner here.
I check this forum every once in a while because it's basically the same platform with a lot of parts shared.
I too had a chirping sound coming from the back and I found the source to be the latch of the back seat, only when latched in position. If the seat is folded like in the picture it wouldn't make a sound.
I greased a bit the area and now I'm fine.

thanks for your response. I will will definitely try out this suggestion and observe for the next few days and let you know