GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Pricing Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 BMW 135i
Pricing Questions

I've been shopping around for GLC43 prices and I've come across one dealer offering 6% on an ordered to spec 2018. Is 6% a good discount? I also can't seem to find the extended warranty cost online (the salesman said prepaid maintenance and extended warranty would have to be sold for the online price, no less), can anyone find that? I've also read that prepaid maintenance must be bought before the first service and extended warranty must be bought at the time of sale. Is this true? Some forum members have said it is cheaper to buy the 3 pack of prepaid maintenance after Service A, but this strategy is incompatible with what I've said before.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S430
Discounts vary by your geographic location. Here in the NJ/NY City region most dealers are getting only a couple of these, so of course, as dealers in this vicinity will, they attempt to get the most they can. Negotiating 6% off in the midwest I'm sure is much easier - especially on an ordered car.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC43
I think this depends on where you are located. 5 to 7% is what i heard when I was shopping (2017 build starting in June) so 6% seems right in line. Our family purchased 3 MB's in short period of time and we were always able to get 3 years or 30k year maintenance included. On MBUSA it sells for 1125. 2 years or 20k for 850 and 4 years or 40k for 1475. I don't know for 100% sure the answers to the rest of your questions, but the above maintenance plans are all negotiable. It actually says in the new build section under service and care of MBUSA that actual prices vary by dealer.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I think 6% is "ok", but you can do better depending on location and timing. All depends on your wants/needs. In areas with a lot of dealers, it can be easier, especially at the end of the month/quarter. Problem is the 18's aren't out yet, so dealers can use that against you. They also use the "GLC's are flying off the lots" excuse, but that really pertains more to the base/lesser models than the 43.

I personally will shoot for 10%, but am in no hurry and can wait it out. I almost had a deal on a 17 in March at a tad more than 12% off, but they were unable to change 1 option (LEDs) that I had to have, so I walked. This was in the Northeast (NJ).

All my opinion, of course. Good luck!
Old 04-24-2017, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
I think 6% is "ok", but you can do better depending on location and timing. All depends on your wants/needs. In areas with a lot of dealers, it can be easier, especially at the end of the month/quarter. Problem is the 18's aren't out yet, so dealers can use that against you. They also use the "GLC's are flying off the lots" excuse, but that really pertains more to the base/lesser models than the 43.

I personally will shoot for 10%, but am in no hurry and can wait it out. I almost had a deal on a 17 in March at a tad more than 12% off, but they were unable to change 1 option (LEDs) that I had to have, so I walked. This was in the Northeast (NJ).

You won't get anywhere near 10-12% for a special order GLC 43. These are hotter than the C63 and C43 coupes right now. Most people are buying these at $1000 under MSRP.

The absolute best discounts for GLC43's are coming out of the NE and are sitting at 6-8% that is the most competitive region in in the US right now. Trucar is coming in at 1-2% nationally. The best I found in the Pacific NW was 4%. Some folks in SoCal are doing a little better. 12% for a GLC 43 is a Unicorn.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:28 AM

S430

I would love to know the dealer in NJ that was quoting you 12 percent off - and why you would walk. Did you have a trade? Are you part of a fleet program? Your quotes of 12 percent off seem improbable.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 370Z Nismo, 2018 GLC43 (on order)
My negotiated price for my MY18 order is $1K under MSRP out the door. I live in VA where tax is 4.15% and when you add in tags, registration, and whatever else they are going to add in on fees that will be around $3700 off MSRP of ~$65K if prices remain somewhat stable. Which my maths make it around 5.7% off of MSRP.

I had to go to another dealer to make this happen as my local dealer would only do $1500 off MSRP+tax, tags, fees. The local rep used the same BS of flying off the lots and it's MB's most popular vehicle. 10-12% seems like it would be under Invoice which seems kind of crazy even on a vehicle that has been on the lot for some time let alone an order.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
12% is under invoice and MBUSA isn't giving the dealer a bunch of trunk money on this model either.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X
Any thoughts on being able to get invoice pricing on a custom order '18 GLC43 this fall?
Old 04-25-2017, 09:35 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Mr. J
You won't get anywhere near 10-12% for a special order GLC 43. These are hotter than the C63 and C43 coupes right now. Most people are buying these at $1000 under MSRP.

The absolute best discounts for GLC43's are coming out of the NE and are sitting at 6-8% that is the most competitive region in in the US right now. Trucar is coming in at 1-2% nationally. The best I found in the Pacific NW was 4%. Some folks in SoCal are doing a little better. 12% for a GLC 43 is a Unicorn.
This was on an incoming order that they were able to change to everything I wanted but LEDs, so I passed. Of course they are hotter than a Coupe (even an 63/43), all SUV's are pretty much hotter than a Coupe...or sedan for that matter.

Agreed, the NE has some pretty good discounts and your % is pretty spot on at 6-8%. I don't put too much faith in Truecar, but that's fine. The Pac NW and Cali are both tough markets, but also had a quote from a Cali dealer at 7% off, in which 5% was Euro...this was before any negotiation, but I couldn't finalize as my plans changed and couldn't do ED at this point.

Agreed again, 12% is a "unicorn", but as I mentioned, depending on your area and timing, you can get good discounts on these. There are about 244 GLC43's in the US at this point and if you have some flexibility you can get a good deal. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:39 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by njcycleguy
I would love to know the dealer in NJ that was quoting you 12 percent off - and why you would walk. Did you have a trade? Are you part of a fleet program? Your quotes of 12 percent off seem improbable.
PM and be happy to tell you. Walked as couldn't change order to LED's...must have for me. No trade, yes, $500 was fleet, large deposit, excellent credit, and give all 10's for CS. Granted, an outlier, but timing (end of month/qtr) and area worked to my advantage.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:41 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
12% is under invoice and MBUSA isn't giving the dealer a bunch of trunk money on this model either.
Sounds like you may work at a dealer, but there are other ways the dealership gets $$ from MB besides what you mention...as you probably know.

Again, an outlier, but possible. I think your range above in the NE is realistic.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:45 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Devin MB
Any thoughts on being able to get invoice pricing on a custom order '18 GLC43 this fall?
Probably tough as early in the game and 18's aren't even on the ground yet, even though you are looking at fall. All depends on your timing/area and how willing you are to wait. Best chance IMO would be to try and make your deal at end of Sept. Would probably get you your vehicle in Nov on an order, assuming no delays for whatever reason.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Sounds like you may work at a dealer, but there are other ways the dealership gets $$ from MB besides what you mention...as you probably know.

Again, an outlier, but possible. I think your range above in the NE is realistic.
Nope, I don't work in the automotive industry.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:40 PM

2008 BMW 135i
Probably tough as early in the game and 18's aren't even on the ground yet, even though you are looking at fall. All depends on your timing/area and how willing you are to wait. Best chance IMO would be to try and make your deal at end of Sept. Would probably get you your vehicle in Nov on an order, assuming no delays for whatever reason.
7% off is basically invoice pricing (according to the edmunds numbers)
Old 04-27-2017, 08:29 AM

S430
I'm picking up my GLC43 tomorrow. My search for one went up and down the entire East Coast. I ultimately ended up going with the best deal I found, which was from a friend who runs a local MB dealer. Even with his discounts to me including the Penfed fleet discount, no one, and I mean not one of the 20 or so dealers I called, would discount these trucks more than 5%. And there were only 3 or 4 that would on high MSRPs. If the truck I found had a low MSRP (sub 60k), they would discount them even less, some not even offering to discount at all.

The reality is the trucks are selling because each dealer I called only got one or two - and many were already sold. 12% is not a unicorn - it's way below invoice and just not possible.

Last edited by njcycleguy; 04-27-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car
I'm in the Midwest and just took delivery on a 2017 GLC43. I didn't get much off as they evidently sell quickly - 3 yesterday, none today.

In any case, a 3 year/100k mi. extension was quoted at $3k. I passed. I have the option of buying one in the next four years but with a 15% surcharge. I asked about a service package, he said they weren't a good deal in this part of the country.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:21 AM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by njcycleguy
I'm picking up my GLC43 tomorrow. My search for one went up and down the entire East Coast. I ultimately ended up going with the best deal I found, which was from a friend who runs a local MB dealer. Even with his discounts to me including the Penfed fleet discount, no one, and I mean not one of the 20 or so dealers I called, would discount these trucks more than 5%. And there were only 3 or 4 that would on high MSRPs. If the truck I found had a low MSRP (sub 60k), they would discount them even less, some not even offering to discount at all.

The reality is the trucks are selling because each dealer I called only got one or two - and many were already sold. 12% is not a unicorn - it's way below invoice and just not possible.
It's cause dealer's have all the leverage at this particular point in time. The 17's are done with and the 18's aren't even out yet, but they will take your order. They don't need to discount really much at all, it's take it or leave it. There are 238 2017 GLC43's across the country as of right now with probably very few left to come in, so you are at their whim. Yes, the higher the priced 43, the better the discount usually.

The reality is this particular time and what you as a buyer have to deal with...supply/demand. Invoice is pretty meaningless nowadays, manufacturers/dealers have consistently dropped invoice numbers significantly the last 10-15 years and make it up in ways you can't tell because it's not "public". It is possible, DEPENDING, and a unicorn.

Enjoy your GLC!
Old 04-30-2017, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
It's cause dealer's have all the leverage at this particular point in time. The 17's are done with and the 18's aren't even out yet, but they will take your order. They don't need to discount really much at all, it's take it or leave it. There are 238 2017 GLC43's across the country as of right now with probably very few left to come in, so you are at their whim. Yes, the higher the priced 43, the better the discount usually.

The reality is this particular time and what you as a buyer have to deal with...supply/demand. Invoice is pretty meaningless nowadays, manufacturers/dealers have consistently dropped invoice numbers significantly the last 10-15 years and make it up in ways you can't tell because it's not "public". It is possible, DEPENDING, and a unicorn.

Enjoy your GLC!
So you've opined that we all should be able to achieve unobtainable discounts based upon a discount well below invoice that was offered to you but you subsequently declined

Meanwhile, everyone else is paying MSRP or $500-1000 below it.

I hope nobody has passed up a good discount due to your "advice".

Here's the straight dope:
As of 4/30/2017 in the USA if you get a 4-5% discount off of MSRP for a GLC43 you are getting a good deal. If you find 6% or greater you are getting an exceptionally good deal.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:19 PM

2008 BMW 135i
We placed the order yesterday with the salesman that the sales manager, the guy who agreed to 6%, gave us. After finalizing the spec, I asked the salesman if he had talked to the sales manager about the agreed upon price. After he said no, I told him that we agreed upon 6%. He looked very surprised and said, "that seems in line with the GLC300s, I'll have to check on that." After that, I felt reassured that I had done well with 6%
Old 04-30-2017, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by Six String
I'm in the Midwest and just took delivery on a 2017 GLC43. I didn't get much off as they evidently sell quickly - 3 yesterday, none today.

In any case, a 3 year/100k mi. extension was quoted at $3k. I passed. I have the option of buying one in the next four years but with a 15% surcharge. I asked about a service package, he said they weren't a good deal in this part of the country.
That quote is full MSRP. You don't have to buy the warranty from your dealer. Also, make sure to evaluate your annual mileage. A 7/75 is a lot cheaper than 7/100. Check out this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/extended-...cs-thread.html

There are F&I people listed in that thread who will offer you substantial discounts below MSRP. Jeff Jackson gave me a great quote for a 7/75 ELW.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by B00STED
We placed the order yesterday with the salesman that the sales manager, the guy who agreed to 6%, gave us. After finalizing the spec, I asked the salesman if he had talked to the sales manager about the agreed upon price. After he said no, I told him that we agreed upon 6%. He looked very surprised and said, "that seems in line with the GLC300s, I'll have to check on that." After that, I felt reassured that I had done well with 6%
Nice!

What was your final build spec?
Old 04-30-2017, 03:07 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
So you've opined that we all should be able to achieve unobtainable discounts based upon a discount well below invoice that was offered to you but you subsequently declined

Meanwhile, everyone else is paying MSRP or $500-1000 below it.

I hope nobody has passed up a good discount due to your "advice".

Here's the straight dope:
As of 4/30/2017 in the USA if you get a 4-5% discount off of MSRP for a GLC43 you are getting a good deal. If you find 6% or greater you are getting an exceptionally good deal.
I never said that, you can't read. I even agreed with you that 6-8% was an "exceptional" deal...re-read the thread. I also agreed with you that the 12% I was quoted was a unicorn and gave my reason for passing...again, re-read above. I have the email to prove it, but really couldn't care less if you believe it or not.

No, not "everyone else is paying MSRP or $500-1000 below it" and if they are, I think they can do better...again, IMO, but believe what you'd like. Someone just posted they got 6% off, so....

Anyway, I actually don't disagree with your final paragraph, especially as of 4/30/17, it's all about timing. I would just add that invoice and Truecar aren't the holy grail like you seem to believe. Do some research on invoice pricing the last 10-15 years.

Good luck with everyone's GLC43 purchase, I hope to join you soon.

Last edited by Chrisk03; 04-30-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:09 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by B00STED
Nice work, Congrats!
Old 04-30-2017, 03:12 PM

2008 BMW 135i
Here is the spec:
Attached Thumbnails Pricing Questions-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pricing Questions