GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC43 Buzzing/Vibration Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 07:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC43 AMG
Exclamation GLC43 Buzzing/Vibration Noise

Any idea what this is - does it sound normal to you?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:34 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 GLC 43
Does not sound normal. Not sure what it is unfortunately, maybe someone else here might know. In any case, I'd be getting someone to look at it..
Old 08-09-2020, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 980 Posts
No more MB:(
Op needs to chill out, started another thread on the C sub forum same topic.

If it's so concerning take it to the dealer.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:47 AM

GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by places
Op needs to chill out, started another thread on the C sub forum same topic.

If it's so concerning take it to the dealer.
Dealer is saying it's normal...
Old 08-09-2020, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,483 Likes on 980 Posts
No more MB:(
Well then it's either normal or try another dealer. It's not a big deal. Chill out.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
glc 43 amg
It does sound funny, but I can't put my finger on it. But perhaps OP could, very carefully. It sounds like something is rubbing or perhaps vibrating. Assuming this is easily reproducible, I would be tempted to touch/hold/squeeze/wiggle one part/hose/cover at a time. Be very mindful of moving pieces and belts. Consider using a thin but stiff stick. I think what I'd look for is changes in "tone" of the sound. By touching a vibrating part with some pressure, you'd affect its resonance frequency and thus affect the sound pitch or quality. I think the odds of successfully debugging are lowered by the "rotational" quality of the sound as my procedure does not work well for pulleys, belts, or shafts. But you never know. My 2 cents.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:07 PM

GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by thisglc
It does sound funny, but I can't put my finger on it. But perhaps OP could, very carefully. It sounds like something is rubbing or perhaps vibrating. Assuming this is easily reproducible, I would be tempted to touch/hold/squeeze/wiggle one part/hose/cover at a time. Be very mindful of moving pieces and belts. Consider using a thin but stiff stick. I think what I'd look for is changes in "tone" of the sound. By touching a vibrating part with some pressure, you'd affect its resonance frequency and thus affect the sound pitch or quality. I think the odds of successfully debugging are lowered by the "rotational" quality of the sound as my procedure does not work well for pulleys, belts, or shafts. But you never know. My 2 cents.
Thanks for your input. I tried it the other day and i pinpointed the noise to what looks like a solenoid valve in front of the engine. Part # is A0081535428. Taking back to dealer on monday. If replace this, hopefully noise will go away.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC43 AMG + SL55 AMG
Hey...
I own a 2017 GLC43 and I had the exact same vibration/noise....but i had one more symptom that led me to exactly what it was......
with this vibration/noise my radiator overflow tank was spilling out anti-freeze. this issue was this little tank cap which is releasing i addressed it to the dealer and they fixed it. I am not sure what the changed or actually done to fix it, but my guess is the tank cap was replaced.

good luck!
Old 08-19-2020, 04:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC 43
I had the same problem on my 2018 43, the mechanic at MB Northshore said it was a valve that keeps the water to air intercooler system pressurised. Replaced under warranty a month ago. Pretty embarrassing when your 43 farts its way around the carpark
Old 08-19-2020, 05:19 AM

GLC43 AMG
Dealer says they are unable to reproduce the fault after extensive road testing which makes it difficult to pinpoint the faulty component. Foreman has submitted a TIPS case to Mercedes-Benz technical team, and escalated to Germany. They are waiting for the result to come back. FML