GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Manufacturing /delivery delays

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 06:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC63S / 2017 GLA250
Originally Posted by gastown604
Interesting, I ordered mine in April in Canada too and it is currently being shipped. Built time was in June.

They told me delivery time late Aug or early Sept. I called them this week and they said there is no indication my car is missing Mercedes Me and tech package. Hopefully this holds true when the car is here.
What MB did you buy from?

i had June build and Aug delivery at first but was delayed twice.

Black 2021 GLC63S SUV with every package except no tow hook, no Heads Up Display and no side rails. Yellow stitching interior with full dinamica steering wheel
Old 08-07-2021, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK, GLC63S (incoming)
Originally Posted by BigRuski
What MB did you buy from?

i had June build and Aug delivery at first but was delayed twice.

Black 2021 GLC63S SUV with every package except no tow hook, no Heads Up Display and no side rails. Yellow stitching interior with full dinamica steering wheel
I am in Vancouver. White 63S SUV with almost everything. No side running boards, no tow hook, no aero pack, no carbon side mirrors, no performance seat, no premium backseat.

Carbon trim + carbon steering wheel + yellow stitching.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C43 AMG
I was wondering if somebody can post the contents of the waiver they signed (obviously without any personal info), I assume they're the same everywhere in the US. I'd really like to take a look and possibly get a legal opinion of MB requiring customers to sign the waiver to take delivery of an incomplete vehicle.

Also, what happens if you choose not to sign the waiver? Do you lose your vehicle and your spot 'in line' or does the vehicle just sit and wait until the chips are available and then you can take delivery?

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Tigbergslim (08-11-2021)
Old 08-08-2021, 10:47 AM
m.o

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 AMG GLC 63S
See the waiver attached. I signed the waiver and picked up my car on Monday. Do not have answers to your questions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MB Waiver.pdf (114.0 KB, 370 views)
Tigbergslim (08-14-2021)
Old 08-08-2021, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLC 63S Coupe
Originally Posted by MB_Okie
I was wondering if somebody can post the contents of the waiver they signed (obviously without any personal info), I assume they're the same everywhere in the US. I'd really like to take a look and possibly get a legal opinion of MB requiring customers to sign the waiver to take delivery of an incomplete vehicle.

Also, what happens if you choose not to sign the waiver? Do you lose your vehicle and your spot 'in line' or does the vehicle just sit and wait until the chips are available and then you can take delivery?

Thanks
The dealership that I have been working with has been extremely stingy with information on the process as a whole, but as far as I understand the vehicles are just sitting at the VPC waiting for the modules to be delivered and installed. I’m sure there is a priority list based on when the vehicle was ordered, but I haven’t had that confirmed. The confusing part to me is that I wasn’t offered the option to sign the waiver until about 3 weeks of correspondence with the dealer asking for updates and explanations for why the process had been so delayed.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:30 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by m.o
See the waiver attached. I signed the waiver and picked up my car on Monday. Do not have answers to your questions.
Thank you
Old 08-09-2021, 08:43 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by carvis28
The dealership that I have been working with has been extremely stingy with information on the process as a whole, but as far as I understand the vehicles are just sitting at the VPC waiting for the modules to be delivered and installed. I’m sure there is a priority list based on when the vehicle was ordered, but I haven’t had that confirmed. The confusing part to me is that I wasn’t offered the option to sign the waiver until about 3 weeks of correspondence with the dealer asking for updates and explanations for why the process had been so delayed.
I had a similar experience getting info. Until I stated that we are starting to look at alternatives and cancelling the order, including other brands, the only info we got was "it's delayed indefinitely because of the chip shortage". After I mentioned looking elsewhere, suddenly it's ready to ship and we'll be asked to sign the waiver to take delivery when it arrives in 3-5 weeks. I asked about the waiver and didn't get a response. Timing might be a coincidence but it is very frustrating. Wife says "we're not taking delivery of an incomplete car". We'll see. I'm investigating whether withholding partial payment, until the vehicle is made whole, is an option. Seems logical to me but I'm guessing they'll see it differently...lol.

Our GLC43 was ordered mid-March.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:52 AM
m.o

2021 AMG GLC 63S
A lot of frustration out there. But I have to say that the car without Hermes Module doesn't feel not complete even though there is a long list of non functioning features.
CLA35 (08-14-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 06:22 PM
m.o

2021 AMG GLC 63S
Update

Old 08-12-2021, 07:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLC 63S Coupe
Originally Posted by m.o
Update

YALL ARE INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEE AND DISPLAYING SIGNS OF DESPERATION

i cant believe you guys are still purchasing these cars and signing these waivers.

i would never in Gods green earth buy an incomplete vehicle.
from the same ppl who delayed my order numerous times.
you really expect them to install your module when they predict.

a year from now you guys are gonna regret it, IMO.

if my car arrives next month or in october, as scheduled and it doesnt have what i asked for, its not going home with me. PERIODT.

MB can go bull**** someone else. i aint falling for it and you guys shouldnt either.
Chrisk03 (08-23-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Originally Posted by RaySkrillz
YALL ARE INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEE AND DISPLAYING SIGNS OF DESPERATION

i cant believe you guys are still purchasing these cars and signing these waivers.

i would never in Gods green earth buy an incomplete vehicle.
from the same ppl who delayed my order numerous times.
you really expect them to install your module when they predict.

a year from now you guys are gonna regret it, IMO.

if my car arrives next month or in october, as scheduled and it doesnt have what i asked for, its not going home with me. PERIODT.

MB can go bull**** someone else. i aint falling for it and you guys shouldnt either.
We are desperate and that's fine! But I can't disagree more. No regrets, and they will install the chip next year no doubt. Suit yourself
SmokinJoe (09-28-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 07:54 AM

CLA 45
Originally Posted by gastown604
Interesting, I ordered mine in April in Canada too and it is currently being shipped. Built time was in June.

They told me delivery time late Aug or early Sept. I called them this week and they said there is no indication my car is missing Mercedes Me and tech package. Hopefully this holds true when the car is here.
FYI, I ordered a CLA45 in March and it arrived at the Halifax port on July 15th. Like you, there was no mention beforehand that something would be missing. It's still sitting there today because of the missing part (module or chip dealer can't even confirm exactly) Originally planned for delivery on August 2nd, now been pushed back to September without any firm commitments.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:25 PM

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2003 E55, 2003 SL55, 2014 CLS63, 2018 q50 Redsport, 1968 Camaro SS, 1999 Trans am Firehawk
good luck for everyone actually getting their cars at the agreed upon price. dealers are now at 5-20k markup on the AMG glc given the announcement yesterday that 2022 v8 AMG production has been suspended.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:30 PM

CLA 45
Originally Posted by carguyshu
good luck for everyone actually getting their cars at the agreed upon price. dealers are now at 5-20k markup on the AMG glc given the announcement yesterday that 2022 v8 AMG production has been suspended.
I can’t speak for how it would come down in the U.S. but here in Canada the sales contract will be honored. Particularly when the car is built and already in the Country, serial number confirmed.
Old 08-14-2021, 09:29 PM

2021 GLC 63S Coupe
Originally Posted by carguyshu
I was going to wait a little bit before posting this, but now that I see that it might not be an isolated incident, I feel like I should at least let other people know.

The GLC63s coupe caught my eye several months ago right at the beginning of my search for a new car. After a few weeks of browsing autotrader, I realized that there were very few of the cars for sale whether it be new or used at any given time. I had very specific specs that the car had to meet (Red Pepper Interior, Carbon Trim, AMG Steering Wheel, etc.), so I was content setting up text notifications and waiting for a nice used one that matched that description to come about. Fast forward to around 6 weeks ago, a new 2021 model came across my screen that matched everything that I was looking for, so I decided to pursue it.

After getting in contact with the dealer (MB of Riverside) in SoCal, I found out that someone had ordered the car from the factory several months ago. Apparently he got tired of waiting months on end for the semiconductor and other delays, so he backed out and the car was up for grabs. I immediately had the dealer send me the window sticker as well as the pricing breakdown since there were no photos available yet (The car was finishing it’s journey from Germany). Once I had looked everything over and confirmed that the car was exactly what I was looking for I told the dealer that I was in. They reiterated that the car was still in transit, but should arrive soon and that I could put a deposit down to reserve the car in my name. About a week went by and I hadn’t heard anything so I reached out again and asked for an update. I received a very cryptic email poorly citing Distribution delays and using terms such as “D5 status” and “Hot List” which I had to look up. I explained that I was disappointed, but understood that it was out of their control. I asked if they felt the delay was on the scale of days or weeks and was told that it should be only a few days...

Fast forward another 3 weeks and little to no communication about the car, I received confirmation that the car had arrived at the VPC in Long Beach and that was it. I let another week or so go by before reaching out again got another cryptic response back citing the same Semiconductor delays. This was when I was reading about the waivers to have the car released to the dealer and the HERMÈS module retrofitted. I was not offered that option before inquiring about it, but eventually got them to agree to that route. More time and dead air later, I finally hear that the car would arrive at the dealer in 2 days and we could begin the final paperwork. Awesome! After having to squeeze every drop of info out of the dealer, I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel...

Within the first hour of the car being with the dealer, I am immediately bombarded with emails and calls asking about payment and requesting documents that I had provided in a timely manner throughout the process already. When it came time to review the paperwork, the agent that I had been dealing with the whole time sent me a screenshot of her computer screen with the total price breakdown. The format was exceedingly hard to understand, as it appeared to be a spit-out from their internal sales system. It took some time to decipher, but I finally realized that the total was around 8k over what I initially agreed upon. I sent back the original price breakdown from 6 weeks earlier. What I received back just about made my blood BOIL. “This vehicle is in high demand. Customers are willing to pay 15k+ over for it ... I would take it and run with it.” I then reached out to the GM who gave me the initial details on the pricing. He said that there was a new head honcho and that it was out of his hands. I then receive a message saying that there were 3 guys at the dealership in a bidding war over my car with the highest offer over 20k over sticker. They were clearly trying to bully me into accepting the higher price. Long story short, I ended up getting my attorney involved so that they wouldn’t sell the car out from under me when I already had a deposit down as well as honor the initial price that I had them put in writing from the beginning. This was a brutal process to be a part of and I hope you all who are still awaiting your orders don’t have to deal with half of the incompetency that I had to. Despite all of this, I am expecting delivery of the car next week and couldn’t be more excited! Apologies for the long-winded explanation, but I needed to get it off my chest to people who might be experiencing the same things.
The following 2 users liked this post by carvis28:
CLA35 (08-16-2021), Tigbergslim (08-20-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 04:16 PM

C43 AMG
Damn, man....I'd walk away from a dealer that does that....totally dishonest. Even if it means waiting months for a vehicle. I know there is high demand right now and waiting would suck but, you can't trust a dealer like that. Blaming a new boss....Sorry but, that is complete bull****.

I have my fingers crossed on mine (ordered in March). Salesman already told me that I should be glad I made the deal when I did because I'd be paying $15k more now....so, they're going to honor the original deal. I think (fingers crossed) that they are a trustworthy dealer.
carvis28 (08-17-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 207 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
My deal looks better and better. I know I only got a C300 cabriolet. Ordered mine in March. It arrived in August. I paid the original approved price.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:08 AM

CLA 45
Deleted

Last edited by CLA35; 08-22-2021 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:53 AM

GLC 43
Originally Posted by carvis28
I was going to wait a little bit before posting this, but now that I see that it might not be an isolated incident, I feel like I should at least let other people know.

The GLC63s coupe caught my eye several months ago right at the beginning of my search for a new car. After a few weeks of browsing autotrader, I realized that there were very few of the cars for sale whether it be new or used at any given time. I had very specific specs that the car had to meet (Red Pepper Interior, Carbon Trim, AMG Steering Wheel, etc.), so I was content setting up text notifications and waiting for a nice used one that matched that description to come about. Fast forward to around 6 weeks ago, a new 2021 model came across my screen that matched everything that I was looking for, so I decided to pursue it.

After getting in contact with the dealer (MB of Riverside) in SoCal, I found out that someone had ordered the car from the factory several months ago. Apparently he got tired of waiting months on end for the semiconductor and other delays, so he backed out and the car was up for grabs. I immediately had the dealer send me the window sticker as well as the pricing breakdown since there were no photos available yet (The car was finishing it’s journey from Germany). Once I had looked everything over and confirmed that the car was exactly what I was looking for I told the dealer that I was in. They reiterated that the car was still in transit, but should arrive soon and that I could put a deposit down to reserve the car in my name. About a week went by and I hadn’t heard anything so I reached out again and asked for an update. I received a very cryptic email poorly citing Distribution delays and using terms such as “D5 status” and “Hot List” which I had to look up. I explained that I was disappointed, but understood that it was out of their control. I asked if they felt the delay was on the scale of days or weeks and was told that it should be only a few days...

Fast forward another 3 weeks and little to no communication about the car, I received confirmation that the car had arrived at the VPC in Long Beach and that was it. I let another week or so go by before reaching out again got another cryptic response back citing the same Semiconductor delays. This was when I was reading about the waivers to have the car released to the dealer and the HERMÈS module retrofitted. I was not offered that option before inquiring about it, but eventually got them to agree to that route. More time and dead air later, I finally hear that the car would arrive at the dealer in 2 days and we could begin the final paperwork. Awesome! After having to squeeze every drop of info out of the dealer, I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel...

Within the first hour of the car being with the dealer, I am immediately bombarded with emails and calls asking about payment and requesting documents that I had provided in a timely manner throughout the process already. When it came time to review the paperwork, the agent that I had been dealing with the whole time sent me a screenshot of her computer screen with the total price breakdown. The format was exceedingly hard to understand, as it appeared to be a spit-out from their internal sales system. It took some time to decipher, but I finally realized that the total was around 8k over what I initially agreed upon. I sent back the original price breakdown from 6 weeks earlier. What I received back just about made my blood BOIL. “This vehicle is in high demand. Customers are willing to pay 15k+ over for it ... I would take it and run with it.” I then reached out to the GM who gave me the initial details on the pricing. He said that there was a new head honcho and that it was out of his hands. I then receive a message saying that there were 3 guys at the dealership in a bidding war over my car with the highest offer over 20k over sticker. They were clearly trying to bully me into accepting the higher price. Long story short, I ended up getting my attorney involved so that they wouldn’t sell the car out from under me when I already had a deposit down as well as honor the initial price that I had them put in writing from the beginning. This was a brutal process to be a part of and I hope you all who are still awaiting your orders don’t have to deal with half of the incompetency that I had to. Despite all of this, I am expecting delivery of the car next week and couldn’t be more excited! Apologies for the long-winded explanation, but I needed to get it off my chest to people who might be experiencing the same things.
That sounds like an absolute nightmare. Seems like they tried to give you the run around since you weren’t the one who originally ordered the vehicle and set the price. Good on you for getting your lawyer! I would never go to that dealership again

My early-March ordered GLC 43 arrived in the VPC last week so I’m now just waiting for them to process everything. I’m unaware if I’ll have to sign any waivers or wait an extended period of time for missing parts, but my dealer told me before it arrived to expect a late August or maybe the first week of September pickup, so we’ll see. I’m glad to see others in this thread are close to getting their vehicles as well.
Old 08-22-2021, 08:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,838 Likes on 2,417 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by MB_Okie
Damn, man....I'd walk away from a dealer that does that....totally dishonest. Even if it means waiting months for a vehicle. I know there is high demand right now and waiting would suck but, you can't trust a dealer like that. Blaming a new boss....Sorry but, that is complete bull****.

I have my fingers crossed on mine (ordered in March). Salesman already told me that I should be glad I made the deal when I did because I'd be paying $15k more now....so, they're going to honor the original deal. I think (fingers crossed) that they are a trustworthy dealer.
Under normal circumstances I would fully agree with you but right now the problem is, the dealership (especially due to this market) is aiming for as high of an ADM as possible.

Waiting too may not really be an option as it is confirmed that V8 MB (other than S-Class) and V8 AMG for MY22 in USA is suspended until further notice. The goal of the dealership is to get carvis28 to give up and walk away or pay the premium so they can net more profit. If he just walked away, the dealership wins because they were able to achieve their goal and therefore sell it to someone else who are willing to pay more or much more and carvis28 ended up with nothing after all that waiting. Glad carvis28 found an attorney to protect his rights with this purchase and finally end up getting the car. I also don't recommend carvis28 going back to this dealership for both a future purchase or any servicing needs because of this experience.

Anyways, good luck with your order, keep us updated! I too wish the delivery is smooth for you and your salesman is honest.
Chrisk03 (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 10:05 AM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Well, with all the shenanigans, chip issues, mark-ups, etc., guess I won't be getting a 63S SUV....bummer. Certainly a want more than a need and not going to feed the greedy dealer beasts with $15k+ mark-ups, etc. Personally, would never pay over MSRP for ANY vehicle, unless a rare exotic...this ain't it, although the V8's will certainly be going extinct over the coming years with the EV BS taking over. Perhaps, I'll have to find a nice used one in a few years, but kind of feeling like RaySkrillz at this point.

Good luck everyone, hope your deals and "unfinished" vehicles work out for you.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2021 GLC63
Originally Posted by Chrisk03
Well, with all the shenanigans, chip issues, mark-ups, etc., guess I won't be getting a 63S SUV....bummer. Certainly a want more than a need and not going to feed the greedy dealer beasts with $15k+ mark-ups, etc. Personally, would never pay over MSRP for ANY vehicle, unless a rare exotic...this ain't it, although the V8's will certainly be going extinct over the coming years with the EV BS taking over. Perhaps, I'll have to find a nice used one in a few years, but kind of feeling like RaySkrillz at this point.

Good luck everyone, hope your deals and "unfinished" vehicles work out for you.

Same boat for me, certainly has been frustrating but I refuse to cave to paying a markup. I saw one dealer, Littleton I believe, has theirs listed at $110k. It’s ridiculous.
Chrisk03 (09-27-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK, GLC63S (incoming)
My 2021 GLC 63S reached the dealership yesterday. The car didn't come with the connectivity module. The sales manager said all the cars they have been receiving don't have them. Mercedes Canada is currently projecting 3 - 6 months for the retrofits.

The build sheet of my car now has a new item "D05 - Retrofit for Telematics Control Unit (TCU)", so it is guaranteed by Mercedes.
There is also a transparent driver side window sticker from factory saying my car does not have Emergency Call feature available and Mercedes will contact me once the retrofit is available.

The dealership fully honored the 5.5% discount they gave me in April, so that is great.
Old 08-30-2021, 10:40 AM

C43 AMG
My 2021 GLC 43, ordered in March, is finally on a ship (Helios Ray) with an ETA at Brunswick (Savannah, GA) 9/4. It is missing the HERMES module and dealer says they have no ETA for the module (others in this thread say they've been told Dec '21 or Jan '22). In order to take delivery, we have to sign the waiver. No dollars withheld until vehicle is made whole.....so, pay full agreed upon price for an incomplete vehicle or deal is off. I also asked if factory warranty would be extended because of the incomplete vehicle....big fat NO. If we choose not to sign the waiver, the vehicle sits at the port until the HERMES module becomes available. If we choose to cancel order, we obviously lose the vehicle and our $3500 deposit. Dealer has no incentive to give in to anything because they can sell it to others for higher profit.

Feel like we're being pressured to take delivery an incomplete vehicle. We sold our 2017 C43 in May to same dealer thinking we'd be getting this car in June as they told us. So we've been without a car for more than three months now and it's been more than 5 months since ordering. Wife is against signing waiver and paying full agreed upon price but I don't see that we have much of a choice.

Very frustrated with the situation and wondering about the legality of having to pay full agreed upon price for an incomplete vehicle, having to drive a vehicle that does not function as designed/ordered for indefinite period of time and the warranty not being extended. This scenario places a LOT of trust in Mercedes Benz and our dealership....in an industry that has a reputation for being pretty sleezy.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 207 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
This doesn’t make any sense. You put $3,500 down for a car. If they can’t deliver the car, you should get your money back. That can’t be legal.
Chrisk03 (09-27-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Manufacturing /delivery delays