GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Setting alarm with doors ajar.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 04:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC 43
Setting alarm with doors ajar.

I finally picked up my ordered '21 GLC 43 a few weeks ago and I've been having a blast. The V6 performance exhaust sound, the whoosh from the turbo, the cockpit-like interior, and the whole driving experience have been phenomenal.

The build quality has been incredible as well except for one small thing I noticed after waking up with my back door open and the alarm still set. If I leave either of the back doors slightly ajar (latched but not completely closed), I'm still able to lock the doors and set the alarm. ls that normal for these vehicles? Even my Mitsubishi Lancer beeps at me like crazy if I try to lock the door with a door even slightly open.

To add more context, when I drive with the doors in this position I thankfully do get the door open alert. So my problem is the alarm being set with the doors like this. Here's a photo of what I mean.

Thanks!

Last edited by Fenrix; 10-05-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,643 Likes on 2,247 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Hmmm.... If you wiggle it, it might trigger the alarm, did you try that?
Old 10-05-2021, 10:12 PM

GLC 43
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Hmmm.... If you wiggle it, it might trigger the alarm, did you try that?
Hey there. I tried, but the alarm doesn't trigger at all with the small amount of wiggle play it has.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Fenrix
Hey there. I tried, but the alarm doesn't trigger at all with the small amount of wiggle play it has.
Hmmm, the only reason I asked is because (although mines a sedan but shouldn't be different) when I close my door not fully yet and can't be open by a simple push, if I wiggle it the "Do not forget your key" shows up which means the door is opened but when I pull it towards me it disappears and the KMs appear meaning the door is closed. Reason why I asked if you lock the door and wiggle it, if it will trigger the alarm is because: if the car is detecting the door being open while the car is being locked, the alarm should trigger (at least theoretically)

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 10-05-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:55 PM

GLC 43
Hmmm, the only reason I asked is because (although mines a sedan but shouldn't be different) when I close my door not fully yet and can't be open by a simple push, if I wiggle it the "Do not forget your key" shows up which means the door is opened but when I pull it towards me it disappears and the KMs appear meaning the door is closed. Reason why I asked if you lock the door and wiggle it, if it will trigger the alarm is because: if the car is detecting the door being open while the car is being locked, the alarm should trigger (at least theoretically)
Ahh I see.. My first try didn't trigger the alarm, but I will definitely try again in the morning and be more forceful with it. I also have to take it back to the dealership to get my permanent plates so I'll definitely check with them. I would guess something is slightly out of alignment, but who knows!
Old 10-05-2021, 11:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Ahh I see.. My first try didn't trigger the alarm, but I will definitely try again in the morning and be more forceful with it. I also have to take it back to the dealership to get my permanent plates so I'll definitely check with them. I would guess something is slightly out of alignment, but who knows!
It really doesn't require much force though because since the door isn't actually closed properly (or in better words, latched on) then wiggling should trigger the alarm if locked. I see, keep me updated what the dealership says then. Remember to not force the door, I don't want you to damage it...
The following users liked this post:
Fenrix (10-06-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 06:54 PM

GLC 43
It really doesn't require much force though because since the door isn't actually closed properly (or in better words, latched on) then wiggling should trigger the alarm if locked. I see, keep me updated what the dealership says then. Remember to not force the door, I don't want you to damage it...
Brought it to the dealer and he said it’s normal. He believes it may have to do with their door design with/without the soft close suction system. There really isn’t much play with the door and I can’t wiggle it and trigger the alarm, but I can completely close it from that state with no issues.

Oh well not a big deal, but I figured I’d ask about it. I’ll just have to be extra mindful if a passenger doesn’t close the door all the way. By chance it’s left ajar and it rains, the seal is still tight enough to keep water out. I really appreciate you for giving me some insight. Thanks for your time!
Old 10-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Brought it to the dealer and he said it’s normal. He believes it may have to do with their door design with/without the soft close suction system. There really isn’t much play with the door and I can’t wiggle it and trigger the alarm, but I can completely close it from that state with no issues.

Oh well not a big deal, but I figured I’d ask about it. I’ll just have to be extra mindful if a passenger doesn’t close the door all the way. By chance it’s left ajar and it rains, the seal is still tight enough to keep water out. I really appreciate you for giving me some insight. Thanks for your time!
No problem, glad to help. Sorry that I wasn't able to answer your question but I am glad your dealership was able to. Thank you for your update.
The following users liked this post:
Fenrix (10-12-2021)