2023 Order Guide [Coupe]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 586 Posts
N/A
Post 2023 Order Guide [Coupe]

The AMG GLC Coupe gets another year before the new model comes out, presumably as a 2024 model.

Last updated: 10/9/2022

Click here for the non-AMG Coupe version.
Attached Files

Last edited by Eaton; 10-09-2022 at 11:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
schudson9 (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 02:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Thank you Eaton! You're the man. Only about 4 months until my 43 arrives.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 BS, GLC43, Wrangler, Model X
Does this mean there's going to be a 2023 GLC63 with a V8?
Old 07-29-2022, 02:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63s Coupe
Hi,

I was curious if anyone else had inquired about ordering a 2023 GLC 63s Coupe? I asked my dealer and he was shocked MB had the ordering guide out with the V8 for 2023 but said he'd look into it. My dad really like mine so he's looking to pick one up for himself.
Old 08-02-2022, 11:20 PM

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
Subaru BRZ
Registered just to say the same thing... So finally confirmation that the GLC 63 S Coupe will return?!
One final hurrah before 4cyl PHEV/MHEV powertrains take over!

I've been planning a new car purchase for myself, looking at this and the Lexus IS500 (yes, very different beasts, i know)
Old 08-03-2022, 12:59 AM

GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Registered just to say the same thing... So finally confirmation that the GLC 63 S Coupe will return?!
One final hurrah before 4cyl PHEV/MHEV powertrains take over!

I've been planning a new car purchase for myself, looking at this and the Lexus IS500 (yes, very different beasts, i know)
My dealer says it will be back for 2023 but whether the 2023 models make it to the US is another story. I know there were some 2022 models of the 63s made but I've never seen one in the US, only in Europe. I'd go MB if I were you just for the AWD. I looked at the IS 500 (also own an IS 350 F Sport) as well because of the naturally aspirated V8, but decided against it because of the lack of AWD (for East Coast winters) and the GLC had way more options than the Lexus given relatively smaller form factor. Just one last thing, and this is a personal pref, but the engine on the MB sounds way angrier than the Lexus - the engine sound on my 2021 one puts a smile on my every time I drive it.
PandaSPUR (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 10:16 AM

Subaru BRZ
Originally Posted by theoryguy
My dealer says it will be back for 2023 but whether the 2023 models make it to the US is another story. I know there were some 2022 models of the 63s made but I've never seen one in the US, only in Europe. I'd go MB if I were you just for the AWD. I looked at the IS 500 (also own an IS 350 F Sport) as well because of the naturally aspirated V8, but decided against it because of the lack of AWD (for East Coast winters) and the GLC had way more options than the Lexus given relatively smaller form factor. Just one last thing, and this is a personal pref, but the engine on the MB sounds way angrier than the Lexus - the engine sound on my 2021 one puts a smile on my every time I drive it.
Hm interesting. The option prices in that guide all appear to be USD so that gives me some hope. I'll have to go poke a dealership near me to see what they can divulge.

And yea AWD is one advantage of the GLC that I'm seriously taking into account. I live in NYC, but I only drive on the weekends for fun (weekday work commutes are all via subway). That has allowed me to be happy with my BRZ for the last 7 years, if its snowing hard I just dont drive it. There were a few times that I actually needed to drive in the snow though and the BRZ on all season tires was a bit scary lol.

The tame exhaust of the IS 500 is also a complaint I've heard of, I would be considering an aftermarket exhaust (GTHAUS) if I bought the IS so I have to factor that into my cost calculations too.

Overall, without sitting in either vehicle yet, I think I'm leaning towards the GLC. But it seems like I have several months to decide.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:22 AM

GLC 63s Coupe
Hm interesting. The option prices in that guide all appear to be USD so that gives me some hope. I'll have to go poke a dealership near me to see what they can divulge.

And yea AWD is one advantage of the GLC that I'm seriously taking into account. I live in NYC, but I only drive on the weekends for fun (weekday work commutes are all via subway). That has allowed me to be happy with my BRZ for the last 7 years, if its snowing hard I just dont drive it. There were a few times that I actually needed to drive in the snow though and the BRZ on all season tires was a bit scary lol.

The tame exhaust of the IS 500 is also a complaint I've heard of, I would be considering an aftermarket exhaust (GTHAUS) if I bought the IS so I have to factor that into my cost calculations too.

Overall, without sitting in either vehicle yet, I think I'm leaning towards the GLC. But it seems like I have several months to decide.
If you're in NYC, I'd check with the Manhattan dealership since it's company owned - maybe they can give you some more info and save on the market premium charges other dealers charge.
PandaSPUR (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 10:29 AM

Subaru BRZ
If you're in NYC, I'd check with the Manhattan dealership since it's company owned - maybe they can give you some more info and save on the market premium charges other dealers charge.
I didnt realize there were company owned dealerships. The more I learn about the car market of today, the more it reminds me of buying watches...

Does that mean they're also less likely to negotiate a discount (under normal market conditions)?
Old 08-03-2022, 02:10 PM

GLC 63s Coupe
I didnt realize there were company owned dealerships. The more I learn about the car market of today, the more it reminds me of buying watches...

Does that mean they're also less likely to negotiate a discount (under normal market conditions)?

It's highly unlikely you're going to be able to get a discount on the 63s because there has been a frenzy to purchase the GLC 63s models since they cancelled production of the V8 engines last year. You're lucky if you get to pay sticker these days. Just as a proxy, I paid a 10k premium to purchase my GLC from a non-company dealer in August 2021, my buddy in Seattle paid 25k in Feb of 2022 - both new. The benefit of buying from the company owned dealership is 1) you'll probably get more current and better info 2) You'll likely pay MSRP instead of being charged a market premium 3) They have a fair chance of getting an allocation. Don't get me wrong, you should always try to get a discount but in this market, I feel like you'll get that look of disbelief from the salesman that just says "in a market where people are paying premiums for cars, this guy is asking for a discount". However, like my dad always said "If you don't ask, you don't get because you never know."
Old 08-03-2022, 02:12 PM

Subaru BRZ
It's highly unlikely you're going to be able to get a discount on the 63s because there has been a frenzy to purchase the GLC 63s models since they cancelled production of the V8 engines last year. You're lucky if you get to pay sticker these days. Just as a proxy, I paid a 10k premium to purchase my GLC from a non-company dealer in August 2021, my buddy in Seattle paid 25k in Feb of 2022 - both new. The benefit of buying from the company owned dealership is 1) you'll probably get more current and better info 2) You'll likely pay MSRP instead of being charged a premium 3) They have a fair chance of getting an allocation. Don't get me wrong, you should always try to get a discount but in this market, I feel like you'll get that look of disbelief from the salesman that just says "in a market where people are paying premiums for cars, this guy is asking for a discount". However, like my dad always said "If you don't ask, you don't get because you never know."
Yea I get that completely, I was wondering about under normal market conditions. But whatever, who knows when or if we'll ever get back to that lol.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:21 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63
Yea I get that completely, I was wondering about under normal market conditions. But whatever, who knows when or if we'll ever get back to that lol.
In the DC area, there are atleast 5 MB dealers. 2 of them are owned by "Mile One" car dealership. Last year when I bought my C63, the "Mile One" dealers (1 specific) were the only ones in the DC area NOT charging ADM's. All the others were-Now shift gears to now, I decide I want a GLC43 for my daily back in Feb and trade my C63 in. I ended up going back to the same dealer due to NO ADM's, him having a GLC order avail that I could influence AND a 3500.00 credit for being a returning customer. My point is shop around. Dealers can do some funny things when they need to make a sale and NOTHING is too far out to ask for. I think alot of the market weirdness we have seen in the last year will shift over the next few months as money continues to tighten up and the average consumer puts the brakes on major purchases. Used car prices will continue to rise, especially fuel efficient vehicles and hybrids etc.
PandaSPUR (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 04:41 PM

Subaru BRZ
Ended up reaching out to two local dealers, MB Manhattan and Helms Bros out in Long Island. Neither have any additional info.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:45 AM

Subaru BRZ
Saw some new articles post the last few days with the 2023 GLC Coupe in camo, they all seem to indicate that the car will get the new hybrid 4cyl powertrains
The interior shots show the new 2023 GLC interior with the big center touch screen, so now I'm worried again. I was hoping the GLC Coupe would skip a year before getting refreshed but having the new interior suggests otherwise?

Doesn't add up with this order guide thats dated July 2022 though.. This wait and uncertainty is making me real anxious lol.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:55 AM

GLC 63s Coupe
Saw some new articles post the last few days with the 2023 GLC Coupe in camo, they all seem to indicate that the car will get the new hybrid 4cyl powertrains
The interior shots show the new 2023 GLC interior with the big center touch screen, so now I'm worried again. I was hoping the GLC Coupe would skip a year before getting refreshed but having the new interior suggests otherwise?

Doesn't add up with this order guide thats dated July 2022 though.. This wait and uncertainty is making me real anxious lol.
AMGs generally come out a bit after the regular models - I think what you’re seeing is the 2024 model of the 63s ( saw the same articles) but the 2023 will be the old design with the V8 IMHO.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:50 AM

Subaru BRZ
AMGs generally come out a bit after the regular models - I think what you’re seeing is the 2024 model of the 63s ( saw the same articles) but the 2023 will be the old design with the V8 IMHO.
So the AMG model year is one year behind the non-AMG edition?

i.e. 2023 GLC 63 is the AMG version of the 2022 GLC?

Sorry, this would be my first Mercedes so I'm not familiar with how the model year refreshes work.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A

You are seeing the 2024 model.
They won't change what the 2023 model is at this point, since you can order it already. 2023 will probably be the final year before the big changes.
PandaSPUR (08-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 07:53 PM

Subaru BRZ
Some bad news I found out today. Went to my local MB dealership and they pulled up the 2023 AMG GLC order guide for me and on the Revision History page, you can see that they removed the GLC 63 for 2023 sometime in August

I basically didnt believe them until my sales associate pulled up the actual order guide and I read it for myself. Sigh.
Old 10-09-2022, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
I ordered a 2023 GLC 43 Coupe a couple weeks ago and can confirm, no GLC 63. They pulled it.
PandaSPUR (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 08:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
BMW X3 M40i
Originally Posted by JohnnyUte
I ordered a 2023 GLC 43 Coupe a couple weeks ago and can confirm, no GLC 63. They pulled it.
I'm planning to see my dealer soon and order a 2023 GLC43 Coupe as well. A couple of questions:

1. did they advise approx how long it would take?
2. is the Burmester audio available again? Any options currently not available?

Thank you!

Last edited by MBArizona; 10-10-2022 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Latest order guide posted.
@MBArizona Burmester audio is available. Nothing is listed as delayed right now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Eaton:
MBArizona (10-09-2022), PandaSPUR (10-09-2022)
Old 10-09-2022, 11:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
Originally Posted by MBArizona
Im planning to go to my dealer soon and order 2023 43 Coupe as well. A couple of questions:

1. did they advise approx how long it would take?
2. is the Burmester audio available again? Any options currently not available?

Thank you!
1. The build date is Oct 26 (I can't wait), and they said I should see it hopefully by Christmas.
2. I selected it and everything I hear is that it's still available. However, I won't feel comfortable until the build is complete and shipped. Also, the dashcam is no longer an option.
MBArizona (10-09-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 02:14 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by JohnnyUte
1. The build date is Oct 26 (I can't wait), and they said I should see it hopefully by Christmas.
2. I selected it and everything I hear is that it's still available. However, I won't feel comfortable until the build is complete and shipped. Also, the dashcam is no longer an option.
Hopefully you'll get it as expected. easy to track the car once you get the PO number from the dealer. I followed my car from build, to drop off at pier, to ship assignment to delivery to the VPC in Baltimore. That's the one wildcard, how long your car sits at the VPC and then gets a truck to your location. I am in Annapolis, so my dealer sends his vehicle to retrieve mine once it is released from the Baltimore VPC. But how long it takes to clear the VPC and get a truck for the other dealers in the NE and supporting area is the wildcard. Baltimore is the main entry point for mid Atlantic to North east and out to mid west-pretty cool to watch cars as they move from Europe to the US and other ports of call-

Search fro vehicle tracking once you have a PO number-kinda fun to watch your car be built and then make it's way to you-

Last edited by I_love_ICE; 10-10-2022 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by I_love_ICE
Hopefully you'll get it as expected. easy to track the car once you get the PO number from the dealer. I followed my car from build, to drop off at pier, to ship assignment to delivery to the VPC in Baltimore. That's the one wildcard, how long your car sits at the VPC and then gets a truck to your location. I am in Annapolis, so my dealer sends his vehicle to retrieve mine once it is released from the Baltimore VPC. But how long it takes to clear the VPC and get a truck for the other dealers in the NE and supporting area is the wildcard. Baltimore is the main entry point for mid Atlantic to North east and out to mid west-pretty cool to watch cars as they move from Europe to the US and other ports of call-

Search fro vehicle tracking once you have a PO number-kinda fun to watch your car be built and then make it's way to you-
I have a PO number from my original order. My build date was last week. Where can I find tracking via my PO number? I just asked my dealer for the VIN, as I understand that is made when the car chassis is assembled.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:46 PM

Subaru BRZ
Originally Posted by I_love_ICE

Originally Posted by schudson9
I have a PO number from my original order. My build date was last week. Where can I find tracking via my PO number? I just asked my dealer for the VIN, as I understand that is made when the car chassis is assembled.
I'm also curious on this ^
From my googling, you cant even find the shipping info from the courier using the VIN anymore and POs could only be tracked by an MB employee with NetStar access.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2023 Order Guide [Coupe]