GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 Mercedes GLE Interior - configurations and pictures thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Finally took a few interior shots today.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
350 sd
Originally Posted by bigpern23

Thanks...looks nice. I have a 2016 GLC with this combo...was thinking on a GLE build to do the all black exterior with black and gray interior.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmbaker3:
jdhoang (02-01-2021), WindInMyHair (04-07-2021)
Old 11-14-2019, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by jmbaker3
Thanks...looks nice. I have a 2016 GLC with this combo...was thinking on a GLE build to do the all black exterior with black and gray interior.
Given my yellow lab, I do wish the carpets (and back of the third row) were also beige, but I get why they went with the charcoal grey from aesthetic point of view.
The following users liked this post:
bancroftdg (11-28-2023)
Old 11-14-2019, 01:07 PM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line

I'm telling you, when you grip the satiny wood steering wheel between your fingers, it doesn't get better than that.
Every person that has sat in the driver's seat has been impressed. It feels much more luxurious than a glossy urethane lacquered wood.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 GLE350 4Matic
wood steering wheel looks great - that interior combination is fantastic

i really wanted to go with wood, but no heated steering wheel unfortunately was a deal breaker on that option
The following 2 users liked this post by sibs1:
bigpern23 (11-17-2019), ELD (12-21-2020)
Old 11-14-2019, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by sibs1
wood steering wheel looks great - that interior combination is fantastic

i really wanted to go with wood, but no heated steering wheel unfortunately was a deal breaker on that option
Thanks, I appreciate it. The wood/leather wheel is heated, and it's wonderful.
WindInMyHair (04-07-2021)
Old 11-14-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by tiri
I'm telling you, when you grip the satiny wood steering wheel between your fingers, it doesn't get better than that.
Every person that has sat in the driver's seat has been impressed. It feels much more luxurious than a glossy urethane lacquered wood.
It really does. My dad is a retired contractor who loves and appreciates wood, and that might be his favorite feature.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
I wonder how that wood would hold up after years of sweat and oils from the hands touching it.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by thenew3
I wonder how that wood would hold up after years of sweat and oils from the hands touching it.
I imagine if you clean it once in a while, it'll hold up pretty well.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 GLE350 4Matic
Thanks, I appreciate it. The wood/leather wheel is heated, and it's wonderful.
really? hah i guess i never actually asked - on the configurator it seems like its either heated leather or wood. the wood option doesnt indicate its also heated.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by sibs1
really? hah i guess i never actually asked - on the configurator it seems like its either heated leather or wood. the wood option doesnt indicate its also heated.
Looking at my build sheet, the heated steering wheel and wood/leather steering wheel options are both listed, so it appears you can combine the two options, so to speak. Looks like you can get the wood/leather steering wheel heated or not. The only wheel you can't get heated is the AMG wheel.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:35 PM
KW2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti FX Limited Edition, soon to be 2020 GLE 450
2020 GLE Interior questions

Hi all. Thanks for sharing the interior pics/details. I have a couple questions if anyone can answer....hoping to custom order 2020 GLE 450 asap...

1. Dealer told me at the last minute while making my build that my chosen Magma Grey/Exclusive Nappa leather interior requires an additional airbag add on package (like $500) and that “it might not be safe for kids w/ 2nd row car seats”. Anyone one know details? I’ve seen pictures of this interior with car seats and LATCH connectors. Seems odd a different interior leather choice would alter the safety ratings of the 2nd row seats, or that MB would install LATCH next to a “don’t install a car seat” warning in the same seat!

2. Macchiato interior and stains....I saw few people posting pics with macchiato interior and car seats......any issues with dirt/stains with such light interior? I like the look of this, but kids and stains made me opt for darker leathers.

3. Tartufo interior the dealer told me isn’t available until after 3/1/20??? But I’ve seen it listed on dealer lots across the country (just not close enough to drive and see). What’s the deal here?

MSRP of my build comes out to just under $90k so don’t want to rely on a dealer that “thinks they might” but doesn’t know many answers for me.
thanks for any input gang!
-KW
Old 11-17-2019, 03:10 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450
Re. #1, I was also recommended by my sales assistance not to include 2nd row airbag if going to use child seats. In my case it is 3 child seats. So I did not include them in my custom build.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:21 AM
KW2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti FX Limited Edition, soon to be 2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by jsa1983
Re. #1, I was also recommended by my sales assistance not to include 2nd row airbag if going to use child seats. In my case it is 3 child seats. So I did not include them in my custom build.
You could un-select them? What interior did you choose? Dealer told me I had to pick them if I wanted the Nappa leather interior or had to pick a different interior. Seems weird to me. And the base model already has 9 airbags including rear side and curtain bags on every model.

3 car seats here too. That’s why I started looking st the GLE to get the optional 3rd row and put the biggest kid in booster there.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450
Originally Posted by KW2
You could un-select them? What interior did you choose? Dealer told me I had to pick them if I wanted the Nappa leather interior or had to pick a different interior. Seems weird to me. And the base model already has 9 airbags including rear side and curtain bags on every model.

3 car seats here too. That’s why I started looking st the GLE to get the optional 3rd row and put the biggest kid in booster there.
Seems like we are in the same boat. I needed the 3rd row also cause my parents are quite old.

I chose no AMG interior, with black MB-tex (leatherette). 2nd row airbags was selectable so I just opted not to include them.

Here in Spain you can choose AMG exterior with plain non-AMG interior.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:30 AM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Originally Posted by KW2
Hi all. Thanks for sharing the interior pics/details. I have a couple questions if anyone can answer....hoping to custom order 2020 GLE 450 asap...

1. Dealer told me at the last minute while making my build that my chosen Magma Grey/Exclusive Nappa leather interior requires an additional airbag add on package (like $500) and that “it might not be safe for kids w/ 2nd row car seats”. Anyone one know details? I’ve seen pictures of this interior with car seats and LATCH connectors. Seems odd a different interior leather choice would alter the safety ratings of the 2nd row seats, or that MB would install LATCH next to a “don’t install a car seat” warning in the same seat!

2. Macchiato interior and stains....I saw few people posting pics with macchiato interior and car seats......any issues with dirt/stains with such light interior? I like the look of this, but kids and stains made me opt for darker leathers.

3. Tartufo interior the dealer told me isn’t available until after 3/1/20??? But I’ve seen it listed on dealer lots across the country (just not close enough to drive and see). What’s the deal here?

MSRP of my build comes out to just under $90k so don’t want to rely on a dealer that “thinks they might” but doesn’t know many answers for me.
thanks for any input gang!
-KW
2) stains will always be more noticeable on lighter interiors. Accidents are bound to happen with children. A darker interior would be the practical choice. Life is too short though. The macchiato interior is gorgeous. Maybe get a good waterproof seat cover instead.

3) throughout the year, there have been certain options that have been hard to keep up with due to demand. The cars you see at dealers optioned with Tartufo are probably the reason the option is not available till next year.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,173 Likes on 844 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Ordering issues

Originally Posted by KW2

That does not seem right. That upholstery does require Passenger Seat Memory (P64). I would pursue that further. Go look over the sales person's shoulder at the NetStar selections.
That is a good looking interior. I chose the AMG interior, but in retrospect I wish I had gone with Macchiato. Obviously will require more upkeep, and not sure I would get it if I had kids.
Yes, that's per the latest order guide; there are three upholsteries with delayed availability. Mercedes has struggled with upholstery and trim supply, it seems, and we know they had issues with their seat supplier, Lear.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:48 PM

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
There is a "Rear Side Airbags" option #293 that was added to my build too. I don't remember well but I think it's a requirement for the leather seats. It's $420USD on the Monroney sticker.

Whether or not it interferes with child seats is a different question that I don't know the answer to, but I have my 8 month old in the middle rear seat (Macchiatto, FWIW) and not worried about the side airbags. Not as worried about stains either after ceramic coating

The owner's manual does say something about the front passenger seat being able to detect if a child seat is installed versus a normal passenger, and how it will automatically disable the front passenger airbag in that case. Perhaps something similar for the rear side seats is in place, if indeed the rear side airbags are a problem?

Edit: A quick Google search shows these generic results (not specific to 2020 GLE):
https://www.childcarseats.org.uk/cho...%20its%20seat.
Side airbags are usually a curtain airbag which deploys downward to provide protection to the head and are not as powerful as the front ones. They should not pose a risk to a child in a child seat in the rear, but if anything enhance the protection for the child in its seat.
and https://thecarseatlady.com/sideairbagsandkids/ which basically says that rear side airbags are safe (even beneficial) even for kids, and that most child seat manufacturers refer you to your vehicle's owner's manual for any precautions about rear side airbags with child seats.

Edit 2: I looked through the Owner's Manual in the Airbags section and the Transporting Children sections and saw plenty of warnings, but nothing about the rear side airbags.

They're shown in this figure as part of #5 (which shows front side airbags as well as rear side airbags)

And further below the section about where child restraint systems can be installed doesn't have any issues recommending the rear side seats...

Last edited by maalox; 11-17-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:29 AM
EMH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL350
Cindy- how do you like the nappa grey leather w Diamond white exterior?

Originally Posted by Cindy Pittmon
Thank you for posting! I have the black/magma grey Napa leather on order. I was worried that it would be predominantly black, and I'm glad to see that it is actually grey.

Also, can you post when you ordered yours and when when it was delivered? I ordered my GLE 450 on June 7th in Louisiana, and it was originally scheduled for 1D August, but it has moved to 2D September. Since it seems the delayed orders are getting better, I'm hoping that mine may actually get built in September?

I ordered the deisgno Diamond White loaded with almost all of the options except the E-ABC, Burmester High-End sound, or the running boards.
Hi Cindy-
I was excited to see your post about ordering the designo Diamond white exterior combined with the black/magma grey Nappa leather interior. How do you like the combo of interior/exterior colors, and could you please post a picture of the exterior of your (white) car, looking into the (gray) interior?

I just ordered the designo Diamond white w/ Macchiato beige/magna grey interior on Saturday, but I'm really second guessing the light macchiato interior (will show lots of dirt/wear over the years; we tend to keep our cars for 7+ years!) I think I might contact the dealer today to change the interior color to the black/magma grey Nappa leather, but I'm not sure how it will look with the white exterior. I'd really appreciate any insight!

If anyone else has any input / experience / pictures on this, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 11-18-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 134 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
I have the macchiato interior. I also have two young boys (6 & 3).
I notice jeans tend to rub some dye but if you keep up with regular cleanings/nourishment of your leather, you will be fine.
If you are still hesitant, go for the Artico/MB-Tex option. I had it my previous GLE (2016), and it looked like new 3 years later.
As tinman831 said, Life's too short, go with what makes you happy. This is just a car (depreciating asset) after all. No one expects to see this in a Concours d'élégance.
Brian Hillegas (11-06-2020)
Old 11-18-2019, 10:47 AM
EMH

2014 GL350
Thanks! I should have also mentioned that in addition to hiding wear & tear better than the Macchiato, I also like the look of the Nappa gray/black leather interior, in and of itself. That's what's making this a tough decision-- I'd probably prefer the Nappa gray leather to the Macchiato for several reasons, but I just don't know if the Nappa gray would coordinate well with the Diamond white exterior.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Diamond White/Gray Leather

Originally Posted by EMH
Thanks! I should have also mentioned that in addition to hiding wear & tear better than the Macchiato, I also like the look of the Nappa gray/black leather interior, in and of itself. That's what's making this a tough decision-- I'd probably prefer the Nappa gray leather to the Macchiato for several reasons, but I just don't know if the Nappa gray would coordinate well with the Diamond white exterior.
Taste is personal, but gray goes with other achromatics, and as an architect I think it would be fine.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:04 PM
EMH

2014 GL350
Hi,

Thanks for posting pics of your Magma Grey/black Nappa interior-- super helpful, as I'm about to order. However, can you please confirm which portions of the interior are BLACK? Most parts look grey from your pictures (which is gorgeous!) Just want to confirm, so I know what to expect.

Thank you!
Old 11-18-2019, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Black/Magma Grey Nappa

Originally Posted by EMH
Hi,

Thanks for posting pics of your Magma Grey/black Nappa interior-- super helpful, as I'm about to order. However, can you please confirm which portions of the interior are BLACK? Most parts look grey from your pictures (which is gorgeous!) Just want to confirm, so I know what to expect.

Thank you!
This may help you.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 PM

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
Originally Posted by EMH
Hi,

Thank you!
Here are a few more photos, but it's pretty much what Greg shared. Headliner is light grey.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2020 Mercedes GLE Interior - configurations and pictures thread