GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Mine works the same way. The front/center seems to blow harder and stronger and the back seems to barely blow anything. Then there is the noise up front too from the vents. Apparently that is the way it is supposed to work.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Back row passengers should be grateful to even have vents. They can roast or freeze as long as I'm comfortable in the driver's seat. Just kidding of course.
The following users liked this post:
Vyper340vb (10-13-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 10:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e550 w212
I just told my passengers that and, they are not to pleased with what I repeated and they didn’t find this funny as this was a serious topic considering that their arsess will be fried. On a serious note my vents in the front when set to 22c - drivers side will blow cold and passenger will blow warm and the back, well…….. 120k in Canada and I must say it is a disappointment. So far 3 things in the span of 4000km - back seat issue, break module for parking sensor and calliper leaking. Granted things are fixed and loaner provided but - I expect more from MB.

Originally Posted by benzbell
Back row passengers should be grateful to even have vents. They can roast or freeze as long as I'm comfortable in the driver's seat. Just kidding of course.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by mkrr24
I just told my passengers that and, they are not to pleased with what I repeated and they didn’t find this funny as this was a serious topic considering that their arsess will be fried. On a serious note my vents in the front when set to 22c - drivers side will blow cold and passenger will blow warm and the back, well…….. 120k in Canada and I must say it is a disappointment. So far 3 things in the span of 4000km - back seat issue, break module for parking sensor and calliper leaking. Granted things are fixed and loaner provided but - I expect more from MB.
Happens to all cars. It's the after care that matters to me. My brand new AMG GTR with less than 200 miles left me stranded at the Aria Valet in Vegas for four hours on a Saturday night. Posted a whole thread about that crazy story. Fletcher Jones in Vegas sent one of their top techs after hours to the Aria to assist. Also, the transmission had to be replaced on my brand new 2019 GT3 RS with less than a 100 miles on it. Porsche was really good about that and didn't charge me for $600 worth of parts I had installed while it was there and gave me an extra two years of factory warranty for a total of six years on the car. Never had a problem again with the transmission.
haibieb (10-11-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 11:53 PM

e550 w212
Originally Posted by benzbell
Happens to all cars. It's the after care that matters to me. My brand new AMG GTR with less than 200 miles left me stranded at the Aria Valet in Vegas for four hours on a Saturday night. Posted a whole thread about that crazy story. Fletcher Jones in Vegas sent one of their top techs after hours to the Aria to assist. Also, the transmission had to be replaced on my brand new 2019 GT3 RS with less than a 100 miles on it. Porsche was really good about that and didn't charge me for $600 worth of parts I had installed while it was there and gave me an extra two years of factory warranty for a total of six years on the car. Never had a problem again with the transmission.
I agree that things happen - should they be happening, certainly not. From what I have gathered, these are not isolated incidents, but a new norm now and the costumer is expected to be fine with it.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:57 PM

e550 w212
I have contacted the dealer - they delivered a loaner today morning and took my car in, as this is not an isolated occurrence and it did happen to others according to the sales rep. I’ll post once the car gets fixed.

Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Mine works the same way. The front/center seems to blow harder and stronger and the back seems to barely blow anything. Then there is the noise up front too from the vents. Apparently that is the way it is supposed to work.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by mkrr24
I agree that things happen - should they be happening, certainly not. From what I have gathered, these are not isolated incidents, but a new norm now and the costumer is expected to be fine with it.
Gone is Vertical Integration for most components in any car so it’s no longer a Mercedes made part in many cases. Even engines have components made by others even though it’s assembled by Mercedes. Like @Benzbell said it’s the aftercare that differentiates a Luxury brand more today….that along with engineering and design. The most reliable car will be a simple entry level vehicle with less Tech.
Rear passenger comfort will vary but doesn’t sell cars so what’s acceptable for HVAC is subjective. I’ve never had any complaints from passengers in summer or winter coming out of my garage. I can see how a vehicle parked in sub zero or very hot temps might find the rear air flow inadequate.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:47 PM

e550 w212
Originally Posted by Ron.s
Gone is Vertical Integration for most components in any car so it’s no longer a Mercedes made part in many cases. Even engines have components made by others even though it’s assembled by Mercedes. Like @Benzbell said it’s the aftercare that differentiates a Luxury brand more today….that along with engineering and design. The most reliable car will be a simple entry level vehicle with less Tech.
Rear passenger comfort will vary but doesn’t sell cars so what’s acceptable for HVAC is subjective. I’ve never had any complaints from passengers in summer or winter coming out of my garage. I can see how a vehicle parked in sub zero or very hot temps might find the rear air flow inadequate.
Update - there is no solution at the moment as the technician was not able to resolve it - a case is open with Mercedes as to how to resolve it. The issue is acknowledged. Once more info comes I’ll post.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:39 AM

e550 w212
Update

the car is in the repairs and it is 2 weeks so far, no specific time on the part for now, I am being told a blower is needed and some other parts. What I question is how in the world does Mercedes releases their cars into the world. Why should the costumer be paying with their time and “money when buying new or leasing” when we are not driving the car - for every repair there should be a compensation on time spend and for time not driving your car.
Zeusmotorworks (10-23-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 709 Likes on 446 Posts
2023 S500
Are you financing or leasing through MB? If so, you can ask for some non-use compensation, especially if you’re leasing. However, keep all records of repairs and days that’s it’s been in the shop. You may be nearing the lemon threshold for your state, at which point you will have some leverage for a buyback.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:31 AM

e550 w212
Originally Posted by Frenetic
Are you financing or leasing through MB? If so, you can ask for some non-use compensation, especially if you’re leasing. However, keep all records of repairs and days that’s it’s been in the shop. You may be nearing the lemon threshold for your state, at which point you will have some leverage for a buyback.
no dice for me - I’m in Canada no lemon law here, but I am keeping all records and reaffirming it with email and - it was a cash buy so it is a bit harder, but nothing is impossible. Thx for the good words.
Old 05-29-2023, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'22 GLE 450
I have exact same issue on '21 GLE 450... dealer has not been able to fix it after 3 returns to dealer.....
Old 05-29-2023, 06:05 AM

'22 GLE 450
Rear AC control malfunction

Originally Posted by toothdoc fl
There has been rear control AC issues since purchasing April 2019. At first MB said they were working on a fix, now not so sure. The second row ac control will control the whole car and disallow control of the ac from the front row (and vice versa). It has been brought into a local MB dealership 4+ times with no fix. Technician noted only one ac motor exists in the front vs in the second row also, possibly disallowing separate controls to exist. Anyone else had this problem?
Same problem on '21 GLE 450... after 3 visitis to dealer still no solurtion... has your been fixed ?
Old 05-29-2023, 06:28 AM

'22 GLE 450
Rear vent malfunctiom

Originally Posted by jxl007
Not sure if this has been brought up but does anyone have any issues with the rear vents? Both the vents from the center console and the two pillar vents. My GLE450 has the 4-zone automatic climate control and I've noticed that when the 2nd row vents are switched on, even on high, there is barely any air flow coming out of those vents (both the center console and the two air vents on both pillars). You can definitely hear the HVAC working though, especially on high, but you hear the HVAC up front though, but yet, there is little to no air flow coming out of those rear vents. Turning on the rear vents seem to somehow throw off the vents/HVAC system up front as well. Strange, don't know how to describe it. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the vents, particular the rear vents.

I only just noted these are all old posts from 2020 - I have same issue on '21 model; did they manage to fix yours as I have had no luck after 3 visits to dealer.....
Old 05-29-2023, 09:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by dmmv
I only just noted these are all old posts from 2020 - I have same issue on '21 model; did they manage to fix yours as I have had no luck after 3 visits to dealer.....
Nope, the dealership has been lying to me over and over again. I got very tired of my dealership's lies and deceit I stop going there for almost 1 year and I've been going to my mom's Mercedes dealership.
The guy at my mom's dealership told me they should've never given you the car with the seats in this condition.
Old 09-15-2023, 07:35 PM

'23 GLE53
Originally Posted by tinman831
Just updating this post. The issue came up yesterday after driving home from work on the highway. Going over bumps, I was hearing what sounded like sloppy suspension noise. Turns out a strut was blown according to the technician. Dealer is going to take care of it but hopefully this isn’t going to be a common issue.
I know this is an older post, did this come back up, or any issues after this fix?
Old 09-16-2023, 10:07 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Mercedes 2022 GLE 350
Originally Posted by ShrimpKing
cant find a car issues thread, so started one.

Own the car almost two months, had one little issues.

One day morning, going to work, notice the car mirror not folded, but the car still locked. keyless entry not working, can not unlock the car, then try the unlock button on the key, not working. get another key, not working. When i get my phone out try to call MB, see the Mercedes me app, so have a try. its worked. Get in and start up the car, everything fixed. don't know what caused that.
I've had several computer related bugs that have corrected themselves after one or more engine restarts. Rear turn signals not working, air conditioning not working. Of course, because they are random events they can't be recreated for mercedes service department... so I guess I'll have to live with it.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:01 AM

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts
2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by tootallll
... so I guess I'll have to live with it.
Amazing how often MB owners say this. Many of us wouldn't tolerate annoying, apparently unfixable issues from a mainstreet brand, but somehow it's okay for a brand like Mercedes. It's backwards thinking, but yes - I'm guilty of it, too. Not sure for much longer though. The honeymoon has been over for a while, and this nonsense is getting old ...
Old 09-17-2023, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 709 Likes on 446 Posts
2023 S500
You don’t have to live with it; you do have a few options. I was lucky to escape my GLE.

1. Keep trying to get the problems fixed.
2. Lemon/buyback. The threshold will just come naturally if you keep doing 1. This has major time and inconvenience penalties of course.
3. Sell/trade it in. This may have financial implications.

I chose 3 but in hindsight I should have done 2. Check your state’s lemon law, but someone else just shared their experience and they got every cent back without any deduction for mileage accrued and Mercedes offered a buyback without the need to lemon it.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by tootallll
I've had several computer related bugs that have corrected themselves after one or more engine restarts. Rear turn signals not working, air conditioning not working. Of course, because they are random events they can't be recreated for mercedes service department... so I guess I'll have to live with it.
Use your phone in video mode to show the bug. I’ve been successful in bypassing the “need to recreate” by the Service Department by presenting a picture or Video to “prove” the issue exists. It also lends credibility to your story…some issues reported are user error.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:57 AM

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts
2021 GLE450
Originally Posted by Frenetic
You don’t have to live with it; you do have a few options. I was lucky to escape my GLE.

1. Keep trying to get the problems fixed.
2. Lemon/buyback. The threshold will just come naturally if you keep doing 1. This has major time and inconvenience penalties of course.
3. Sell/trade it in. This may have financial implications.

I chose 3 but in hindsight I should have done 2. Check your state’s lemon law, but someone else just shared their experience and they got every cent back without any deduction for mileage accrued and Mercedes offered a buyback without the need to lemon it.
I know I have options. That's why I pointed out that I'm guilty of it, too. I Just want the GLE I fell in love with and purchased. It's paid for, and my wife's car should be next out in the rotation. For the record, the Lemon Law wouldn't apply.
Old 09-17-2023, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,605 Likes on 1,181 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Ron.s
Use your phone in video mode to show the bug. I’ve been successful in bypassing the “need to recreate” by the Service Department by presenting a picture or Video to “prove” the issue exists. It also lends credibility to your story…some issues reported are user error.
I send those to my Service Manager, along with my symptoms.
That way, everybody's prepared when I get there.

Last edited by mikapen; 09-17-2023 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2024, 12:23 PM

2016 Mercedes GLE 350
2016 gle 350 door hinge

Anyone had issues with their door hinges popping/squeaking? From what I’ve researched there’s no fix other than replacing the entire hinge?
Old 01-08-2024, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,605 Likes on 1,181 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by BCrumley86
Anyone had issues with their door hinges popping/squeaking? From what I’ve researched there’s no fix other than replacing the entire hinge?
This is what the shops use. Wurth HHS.

https://www.wurthusa.com/Chemical-Product/Lubricants/Specialty-Lubricants/HHS-K-hinge-lubricant-aerosol-can-500-mL/p/0893106050

It's perfect for door hinges. Read the description about creeping, high loads, shear strength. It also doesn't attract dust.
​​​​​​

Last edited by mikapen; 01-08-2024 at 12:34 PM.
BCrumley86 (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 12:54 PM

2016 Mercedes GLE 350
Originally Posted by mikapen
This is what the shops use. Wurth HHS.

https://www.wurthusa.com/Chemical-Pr...L/p/0893106050

It's perfect for door hinges. Read the description about creeping, high loads, shear strength. It also doesn't attract dust.
​​​​​​

Ive used several different lubricants but nothing has worked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLE issues