GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Mercedes me functionality questions (GLE)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 06:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Mercedes me functionality questions (GLE)

Now that my Mercedes me finally started working with my GLE300d (Australian spec), I have used it a bit and found it to be interesting but probably not that useful.

1. What is the point of the remote engine start using the app? It only works if car is locked and turns engine off when you unlock the doors? I appreciate the notifications though.

2. Why is there differences in functionality between app and website portal? Eg I can’t open/close windows and sunroof using the app but I can on the portal. I can start engine in app but I can’t do that online (although I probably wouldn’t need it).

3. The services or features in the iOS app appear to be locked in a certain order and can’t be reordered. Seems odd given some functions do nothing in my model eg tyres pressure doesn’t do anything or show anything yet it’s near the start and one of the first three (hence shows up when you login) yet useful features like checking window or lock status are buried in all items menu. Even features like the battery status seems odd to be at the start of the list.

4. I can’t figure out how to send an address from iOS using the app to the MBUX GPS. Is this only available through online portal?

anyone else found oddities with using the app?
Old 07-20-2019, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,182 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Questions

Originally Posted by JaCe88
Now that my Mercedes me finally started working with my GLE300d (Australian spec), I have used it a bit and found it to be interesting but probably not that useful.

1. What is the point of the remote engine start using the app? It only works if car is locked and turns engine off when you unlock the doors? I appreciate the notifications though.

2. Why is there differences in functionality between app and website portal? Eg I can’t open/close windows and sunroof using the app but I can on the portal. I can start engine in app but I can’t do that online (although I probably wouldn’t need it).

3. The services or features in the iOS app appear to be locked in a certain order and can’t be reordered. Seems odd given some functions do nothing in my model eg tyres pressure doesn’t do anything or show anything yet it’s near the start and one of the first three (hence shows up when you login) yet useful features like checking window or lock status are buried in all items menu. Even features like the battery status seems odd to be at the start of the list.

4. I can’t figure out how to send an address from iOS using the app to the MBUX GPS. Is this only available through online portal?

Those are all good questions for Mercedes me Support! BTW, your tyre pressures should display in the app (it's fourth on mine). The order of my items is: Range, Lock status, Engine on/off, Tire pressure, Starter battery charge, See all.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:39 PM

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 GLE53 AMG
1. Remote start is great for cooling down the car or heating it up.

2. Only MB can say why they are different.

3. If your app isn’t showing you tire pressure when you click on it that something is wrong. Mine shows the pressure of each tire. Maybe your country is different?

4. There are multiple ways in iOS to send an address including the Mercedes Me Connect app. One is to use the app and go to the Map area (see screenshot below). Once you locate the location, business or address you will get an option to send it to your GLE. Option two is to use the Apple Maps app. Locate the desired destination and then use the “Share” option which lets you send address to text, email and more. You want to select the Mercedes Me Connect app and that will prompt you to send it to your GLE.

Old 07-20-2019, 09:05 PM

GLE 300d (v167)
Thanks for the insight. So remote start is less about making it quicker for you get up and away it more for cooling or warming the interior. If only you could set the AC remotely!

But thanks for the other tips. Will look at it for the sending address.

I think mine mine doesn’t have TPMS though as my previous Benz had this optioned.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

TPMS

I think mine mine doesn’t have TPMS though as my previous Benz had this optioned.
Ask your dealer about TPMS. It's standard here, but maybe not required in Australia.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:28 PM

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 GLE53 AMG
Thanks for the insight. So remote start is less about making it quicker for you get up and away it more for cooling or warming the interior. If only you could set the AC remotely!

But thanks for the other tips. Will look at it for the sending address.

The best the remote start will do is start the AC (or heat) at the same settings you had when you turned off the car. Which is strange because I’ve had other cars that would sense the temperature and turn on AC, ventilated seats or even heat automatically. Of course those cars could also remote start from the key fob and the engine would stay running even when you opened the door. It wouldn’t allow you to drive without pressing the on/off button without the key fob in range.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:52 AM

GLE 300d (v167)
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Ask your dealer about TPMS. It's standard here, but maybe not required in Australia.
We only get a basic runflat indicator as standard here (ie warning of pressure loss but no real-time psi measurement). TPMS on most cars of this class (eg X5, GLE, etc) costs around $500 AUD (roughly halve it to get USD). Problem is even if cost isn’t an issue, we are st the mercy of what gets shipped here unless we are willing to wait 6-12 months for a custom order.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

TPMS

We only get a basic runflat indicator as standard here (ie warning of pressure loss but no real-time psi measurement). TPMS on most cars of this class (eg X5, GLE, etc) costs around $500 AUD (roughly halve it to get USD). Problem is even if cost isn’t an issue, we are st the mercy of what gets shipped here unless we are willing to wait 6-12 months for a custom order.
So what you have is ITPMS, an indirect system using wheel rotation speeds. In the US (2008) and the European Union (2012) the direct TPMS system is required for new passenger cars.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,030 Likes on 698 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
So what you have is ITPMS, an indirect system using wheel rotation speeds. In the US (2008) and the European Union (2012) the direct TPMS system is required for new passenger cars.
Apparently not....my 2018 Audi uses ITPMS....it has no TPMS sensors. I know of no US Audi model with sensors.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Apparently not....my 2018 Audi uses ITPMS....it has no TPMS sensors. I know of no US Audi model with sensors.
So you cannot read actual pressure?
Old 07-21-2019, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So you cannot read actual pressure?
Correct....I don't like it but saved $ since I didn't need to put Sensors for my winter tires. Actually our 2012 Lexus RX was the same.

Last edited by Ron.s; 07-22-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:11 AM

GLE 300d (v167)
I have to admit I miss being able to see the pressures on the dash, but both BMW and MB dealers told me barely anyone specs the option so don't expect to see it except where it's included as standard or part of a pack (in my previous car, it was included as standard).
Old 07-23-2019, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There was a great post on getting your profile picture to the car. I’ve been out of town for a week and can’t find it now. Help!.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Originally Posted by GeNomeZ
The best the remote start will do is start the AC (or heat) at the same settings you had when you turned off the car. Which is strange because I’ve had other cars that would sense the temperature and turn on AC, ventilated seats or even heat automatically. Of course those cars could also remote start from the key fob and the engine would stay running even when you opened the door. It wouldn’t allow you to drive without pressing the on/off button without the key fob in range.
Does some setting need to be turned on for this? With our car, there is no change in temprature when we use remote start.. i.e. the previous setting don't kick in.. almost seems like the climate control does not work at all.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 300d

I just got my GLE 2020 300d (AUS) version. Mine also does not have tyre pressure. RE the sending of iphone to GPS, my experience is you have to put in your calendar "location". E.g. outlook client on your iphone. When you open the Mercedes me app, it will show on the bottom front page your next appointment with the map. When you start your car, just "send to vehicle". I believe we should start a thread on GLE Australia as there are many features available in Europe and US but not in Australia. Many times, the dealership and myself struggle if this is a per design in Australia or software issue.