GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Speed limit sign assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2019 | 03:34 PM

A220
Speed limit sign assistance

My A220 has a feature where it shows the speed limit (based on the front-facing camera detecting speed limit signs) and shows it on the dash. I can't find that feature for our new 2020 GLE. It's under the Settings -> Assistance section on my A class. I don't see the same option for my GLE. Does anyone have this feature? If so, do you know how to enable it?
Old 12-21-2019 | 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Yes I have it, will have a look how to enable it tomorrow if nobody has posted how to find it.
Old 12-21-2019 | 10:54 PM

2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
I believe it’s called traffic sign assist, if that helps in looking through the manual.
Old 12-21-2019 | 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
It's called Speed Limit Assist and it's a $295 option for the GLE. Does your car have that option? Alternatively, it's part of the Driver Assistance Package PLUS, which also adds Active Speed Limit Assist. The latter automatically adopts the detected speed limit for DISTRONIC.
Old 12-22-2019 | 05:39 AM

GLE 300d (v167)
Originally Posted by superswiss
It's called Speed Limit Assist and it's a $295 option for the GLE. Does your car have that option? Alternatively, it's part of the Driver Assistance Package PLUS, which also adds Active Speed Limit Assist. The latter automatically adopts the detected speed limit for DISTRONIC.
Don't you need to hold up on the RESUME toggle on the wheel to activate it each time? I find it is a bit confused here in Australia as it sometimes reads signs off the back of a bus or truck which look like speed signs and mistakenly thinks that's the speed limit.
Old 12-22-2019 | 09:47 AM

2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
I have it as part of the DAP. If you look at speed limit assist on MBUSA, it is also described as Traffic Sign Assist.

Traffic Sign Assist can detect posted speed-limit signs and, along with information in the navigation system's map database, display the limit on the dash. It can also alert you when you exceed the limit.”

I believe in MBUX it is referred to as Traffic Sign Assist, since I occasionally get warnings that it isn’t functioning at a particular moment. If you’re having difficulty locating information on Speed Limit Assist in the manual, try looking for Traffic Sign Assist. It may help, Good luck.
Old 12-22-2019 | 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by JaCe88
Don't you need to hold up on the RESUME toggle on the wheel to activate it each time? I find it is a bit confused here in Australia as it sometimes reads signs off the back of a bus or truck which look like speed signs and mistakenly thinks that's the speed limit.
Pressing RESUME manually adopts the current speed limit, but then subsequently it should automatically adopt new speed limits. You can turn off the automatic speed limit adoption. I did European Delivery and had it turned on in Europe as speed limits change frequently and they are taken more seriously. Saved me from getting speeding tickets for the most part, but in Europe it had the same issue occasionally as they also have speed limit signs on the back of trucks etc., so occasionally it started to slow down if it read one of those. Here back in the USA I turned it off and only use the manual function using RESUME. Speed limits don't change that frequently here and compared to Europe, they are more of a guideline. It's very common for traffic to go 10 or even 20 over the speed limit, but I still like the manual adoption method of the speed limit so I can set it quickly to the current speed limit and then increase it from there.
Old 12-22-2019 | 08:46 PM

A220
I guess we didn't order it then. It's part of the Multimedia package on my A220 and so I had assumed it was the same for the GLE. We didn't get the Driver Assistance Package. Oh well.