GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 GLE Easy Entry/Exit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE 350
2020 GLE Easy Entry/Exit

I have turned on the easy entry/exit for both steering wheel and seat. But I don't see it working. Did I miss anything? Since I can turn it on, I assume I have this feature, right? Thanks!
Old 02-25-2020, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by jetlee2028
I have turned on the easy entry/exit for both steering wheel and seat. But I don't see it working. Did I miss anything? Since I can turn it on, I assume I have this feature, right? Thanks!
See thread below, unless you have the steering wheel at its highest and seat at its furthest back you should see it work.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...xit-entry.html
Old 02-25-2020, 08:22 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 450
Originally Posted by jetlee2028
I had some issues with this too, but now all works well.

In order to test it, try the following:
1) Adjust your seat and wheel to your driving position.
2) Drive a bit (can be 10 meters)
3) Stop the engine and open the drivers door

Now pay attention whether the seat or wheel are moving or both are.
The wheel is supposed to go all the way up (if it is not there already, then it will not move at all), and the seat will move back a little, but the back rest will move forward (by design).

There is another thing I noticed about the seat. In the Manual it says that it will move back unless it is already back.
What it does not say is how far back it will move, so one may assume that it will move all the way back, but this is not the case.

I think that the system is trying to use a smart algorithm based on the height of the user in your profile, so it will move back to allow
easy seat entry to accommodate the user, which can be different if you are 5'8 or 6'9.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:08 AM

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
2020 GLE
Originally Posted by IconBycon
I think that the system is trying to use a smart algorithm based on the height of the user in your profile, so it will move back to allow
easy seat entry to accommodate the user, which can be different if you are 5'8 or 6'9.
I think this is the case. When I use the automatic seat adjustment for my height, the easy entry and exit works like a charm. When I set my own seat positions and preferences, the seat no longer moves back.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 GLS
Easy(ier) entry?

Is there any way to configure it so that if a shorter person (5' 4") drove the car and exited, so that when a taller person wants to get in the car and drive it next the seat is further back? I've tried everything.
Thanks
Old 02-25-2020, 12:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 450
Originally Posted by doug1220
Is there any way to configure it so that if a shorter person (5' 4") drove the car and exited, so that when a taller person wants to get in the car and drive it next the seat is further back? I've tried everything.
Thanks
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, since there is no way to "tell" the system that once you leave the car the next one after you is taller or shorter, or maybe you coming back.
It is theoretically possible, but would make this already complicated system too much for the average user.

The only workaround is to wait until the exit procedure ends and push it further back as needed.
Since the controls are on the door, you can do it while already standing out of the car with ease.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 GLS
Thanks - I'll use that method
Old 05-22-2020, 10:13 AM

GLE 450
No joy on Easy entry/exit in GLE 450

So disappointed that this car doesn’t do such basic technology that is 20 years old! All my Lexus, Tesla’s do this with ease.
Seat does not go down allowing for my wife’s legs to contact the ground. Seat barely moves back. Dealer has no clue and dealer and Mercedes are non responsive. Vehicle was specifically bought with understanding that this car would do this.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:16 AM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by aussieyank
So disappointed that this car doesn’t do such basic technology that is 20 years old! All my Lexus, Tesla’s do this with ease.
Seat does not go down allowing for my wife’s legs to contact the ground. Seat barely moves back. Dealer has no clue and dealer and Mercedes are non responsive. Vehicle was specifically bought with understanding that this car would do this.
I have the same complaint. If I let the car automatically set my seat position based on my height, the chair goes all the way down and back when exiting. If I set the seat position myself, it doesn’t go back at all. The dealership told me this was within spec and is normal operation. 😒
Old 05-22-2020, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by aussieyank
Your car isn't working correctly, when it is the seat goes far back, if you read the handbook it tells you this. I had issues with mine and it was fixed with a software update, have turned mine off as the seat back moving forward when it operates is a stupid idea.,
Old 05-26-2020, 10:04 AM

2020 GLE350
I just bought a GLE on Saturday. I am also having quirky issues on this issue. Car says there are no updates.
1. Choosing my profile didn't adjust the seat from my fiancee's setting to my setting. I had to use the memory button in the door.
2. Side view mirrors didn't adjust. Is it supposed to be saved anywhere? Does it get saved to profile?
Old 06-21-2020, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE300d
Originally Posted by rusty0412
I just bought a GLE on Saturday. I am also having quirky issues on this issue. Car says there are no updates.
1. Choosing my profile didn't adjust the seat from my fiancee's setting to my setting. I had to use the memory button in the door.
2. Side view mirrors didn't adjust. Is it supposed to be saved anywhere? Does it get saved to profile?
I have exactly the same issue. Profile selected via MBUX doesn’t apply any changes to seat etc.
Old 01-01-2021, 08:07 AM

GLE 300d
Just got my GLE in Dec 2020. Struggled on this easy entry/exit feature for the different profiles. I realised when the seats are lower, this feature works well. I set a seat profile that is max height, and it doesn't move back when exiting. I slowly adjusted the seat at lowering position; there is a threshold the seat will move back when it's lower enough. It's not ideal compared to my Lexus RX (2003 and 2013) versions. Having said, happy to receive feedback if this is per design or a faulty software.

I know of a fault software is the "dipping light" notification always come on despite set to "auto". It's saved in the profile, but the "auto" will be deactivated after 1-2 days.

In Australia, you can't even ask "Hey Mercedes" for weather forecast or send messages on iphone; but you an do it manually on Mbux. Not sure is it by design or a fault on system.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Originally Posted by LifeWoLimits
Just got my GLE in Dec 2020. Struggled on this easy entry/exit feature for the different profiles. I realised when the seats are lower, this feature works well. I set a seat profile that is max height, and it doesn't move back when exiting. I slowly adjusted the seat at lowering position; there is a threshold the seat will move back when it's lower enough. It's not ideal compared to my Lexus RX (2003 and 2013) versions. Having said, happy to receive feedback if this is per design or a faulty software.

I know of a fault software is the "dipping light" notification always come on despite set to "auto". It's saved in the profile, but the "auto" will be deactivated after 1-2 days.

In Australia, you can't even ask "Hey Mercedes" for weather forecast or send messages on iphone; but you an do it manually on Mbux. Not sure is it by design or a fault on system.
It is a fault in your car, read the handbook it tells you the seats won't lower if at lowest position or move back if at furthers back position, all other positions it should lower and move back.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:47 PM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by Philamg
It is a fault in your car, read the handbook it tells you the seats won't lower if at lowest position or move back if at furthers back position, all other positions it should lower and move back.
It won’t lower at the highest seat position either.