GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Memory Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 350
Memory Seats

Occasionally, the MBUX profile screen is very slow to come up, and the three drivers in our family have a substantial difference in height, to the point that it’s impossible to get into the car without adjust the seats. I’ve tried everything to program the door mounted memory seats to function as a workaround, and they seem to accept programming (acoustic confirmation) but do not respond. The only time I’ve had them successfully function is when the profile has failed to restore memory settings. Then the door button mysteriously worked! Any ideas?
Old 06-11-2020, 12:05 PM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE 450
Did you program the memory seat option (on door) on the same profile? Each profile has its own set of memory seat settings, so the Profile A seat 1/2/3 setting is different from Profile B seat 1/2/3 setting.
The following users liked this post:
jmrwd3 (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by zengshengliu
Did you program the memory seat option (on door) on the same profile? Each profile has its own set of memory seat settings, so the Profile A seat 1/2/3 setting is different from Profile B seat 1/2/3 setting.
Yes, with 3 drivers, program the buttons in all 3 profiles to make sure they work.
jmrwd3 (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 10:15 PM

GLE 350
Thank you!! This was exactly it, didn’t even think the 3 buttons would be per profile, easy workaround definitely appreciate the help!
Old 12-27-2020, 05:17 PM

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 GLE350 4matic
Hold the phone! I got the same problem as the OP.

I'm trying to figure out what you guys are saying here. There are two profiles in the car, C and G and Guest. There are three buttons on the door 1, 2, and 3. You're saying that I have three seat positions for profile C and three for profile G? Why would you need that?

But anyway, I open the door and press one of those three buttons, how does it know what profile to use for the settings? What if the wife gets to the passenger door and unlocks it with her key in the purse first?

How do you program the buttons anyway?
Old 12-27-2020, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Memory buttons

Originally Posted by Crispin
Hold the phone! I got the same problem as the OP.
I'm trying to figure out what you guys are saying here. There are two profiles in the car, C and G and Guest. There are three buttons on the door 1, 2, and 3. You're saying that I have three seat positions for profile C and three for profile G? Why would you need that?
There are three profiles. The three memory buttons can be configured differently for each of the three profiles.
But anyway, I open the door and press one of those three buttons, how does it know what profile to use for the settings? What if the wife gets to the passenger door and unlocks it with her key in the purse first?
The button will respond to whatever profile is active in the MBUX. Profiles are not key-dependent.
How do you program the buttons anyway?
Get seat position & contour, outside mirrors, steering column & head up display manually configured how you want them, press the "M" button then one of the 3 buttons you want to program. You can do this for each profile. It works with ignition off, so handy, for instance, if my wife's profile is active and the seat is far forward I can press m button on the memory and it will move the seat back before I get in and change the profile.

IMO, the MBUX system and controls in general are way more complex than they need to be. I am probably more tech savvy than 75% of owners and given that it's not my DD I still need to look things up or remember how to do something. I get the feeling that the geeks that design the systems don't actually get feedback from real owners. I think the complexity is a disservice and actually decreases the vehicle satisfaction for the majority.

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-27-2020 at 06:43 PM.
user 7208224 (12-27-2020)
Old 05-12-2021, 02:15 PM

2021 GLE 350
So if you click memory #1 on the door to move seat to your position and then click your Profile once you sit down on MBUX... the Profile also stores the seat memory independent of the door memory which is not intuitive. I don't think they sync from what I can tell hence all the confusion.

When setting up my Profile in MBUX it sets the seat, steering wheel and mirrors. What benefit would it be to set the door memory to any number under my Profile if I need to use my wife's Profile to move the seat to a position that I need in order to sit down.

'
Old 05-12-2021, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by boltsfan
So if you click memory #1 on the door to move seat to your position and then click your Profile once you sit down on MBUX... the Profile also stores the seat memory independent of the door memory which is not intuitive. I don't think they sync from what I can tell hence all the confusion.

When setting up my Profile in MBUX it sets the seat, steering wheel and mirrors. What benefit would it be to set the door memory to any number under my Profile if I need to use my wife's Profile to move the seat to a position that I need in order to sit down.
'
I thought I had this figured out, then I received a notice on Mercedes Me that there had been an update. Now things behave differently, and I now have the same question you just stated. It's a two person job!
Old 05-12-2021, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by boltsfan

Useful to do a quick adjust when getting in, like when my much shorter wife has the seat forward, then selecting your profile will do a final tune. You each need to set the of the door buttons under each profile, though.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC300
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Useful to do a quick adjust when getting in, like when my much shorter wife has the seat forward, then selecting your profile will do a final tune. You each need to set the of the door buttons under each profile, though.

Selecting a profile does NOT move the seats, at least not on my wife's '21 GLC. If I am missing something please please point me in the right direction because I am learning how to swear I German so I can tell the engineers who designed this what I think of their work 😄
Old 12-20-2022, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Profiles and seat settings

Originally Posted by GroovyGeek
Selecting a profile does NOT move the seats, at least not on my wife's '21 GLC. If I am missing something please please point me in the right direction because I am learning how to swear I German so I can tell the engineers who designed this what I think of their work 😄
Not sure what your issue is, but you save seat and mirror settings (among other things) to a profile, and they are then recalled when that profile is selected. Works for us every time. If you don't have a memory passenger seat it will not be adjusted.

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 12-20-2022 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:04 PM

GLC300
This is also what the GLC manual says on p.246 but this is absolutely not what the vehicle does. At least not consistently. I am sitting in the car as I write this and tested it and literally nothing happens as I switch profiles. I even adjusted seat positions in between switches and nothing is happening.

This is my wife's car and she seems to be in no hurry to take it to the dealership, so in the mean time it is just an annoyance for me. I drive they car less than once a month.

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Not sure what your issue is, but you save seat and mirror settings (among other things) to a profile, and they are then recalled when that profile is selected. Works for us every time. If you don't have a memory passenger seat it will not be adjusted.

Old 12-20-2022, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is also what the GLC manual says on p.246 but this is absolutely not what the vehicle does. At least not consistently. I am sitting in the car as I write this and tested it and literally nothing happens as I switch profiles. I even adjusted seat positions in between switches and nothing is happening.

This is my wife's car and she seems to be in no hurry to take it to the dealership, so in the mean time it is just an annoyance for me. I drive they car less than once a month.
It could be the settings were not correctly saved. Go through the procedure again. I wish you could just get everything set how you like it and press one button.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:22 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE

Do you have the doors closed? I think it doesn't move the seat if the door is open when you're changing the profile.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:13 AM

GLC300
Checked with the dealer and was told that all GLCs do not have seat memory via profile. The only way to adjust the seats is via the memory buttons on the doors. Truly astounding... Thank god this is my wife's car, because I don't think I would ever be buying a MBZ. Can't afford the mid to upper end of the class and the GLC/C class and below are absolutely not worth what you pay for them.