GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Anyone else with 2021 GLE On Order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2020 | 07:34 PM

'16 Jaguar F-Type R, '21 GLE63s
Originally Posted by MagnumClayz
It's been a long time since I've been on the forums. I have a '21 63 S on order. The production date was 8/13. I'm hopeful for delivery soon. Just (tried) to browse the open service bulletins for MY20. My goodness there are quite a few. I'm hopeful that some of the issues were ironed out.

Poking around, there seems to be a few listings for 21 GLE 63s that indicate in transit, but none seem to have arrived on the lot. Anyone with an upcoming build receive an update?
I got a call from my dealer just today letting me know that my 63 completed its build today and is ready to ship. Hoping to receive it in the next couple weeks.
The following users liked this post:
MagnumClayz (08-19-2020)
Old 08-22-2020 | 05:19 AM

2021 GLE580, 2022 BMW X5, 2022 911GTS Incoming
I got a November 11th build date for a 2021 GLE580 yesterday, hopefully I get it early December.
Old 08-22-2020 | 06:45 AM

'12 Ducati 1198S, GLE C292
Received notification that my GLE is in "production". Having been at several MB factories, the process usually takes some 48 hours from start to finish.. Now I don't have any knowledge about the US production and how long I will have to wait for it to ship. The tracking system is terribly inaccurate according to my local MB dealer. Ordered 27th of May, production second week of august, with estimated delivery mid October.

Does anyone know if this is realistic? Can't wait for it to arrive.. Dealer has the VIN number, but I didn't request it yet.
Old 08-22-2020 | 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Since I’ve been trying to get a 580 since early this year, I finally have been told the first decade of Nov. Hopefully I will get an early Christmas gift. Now on to finalizing my build. What to add and what to skip.........
Old 08-22-2020 | 08:31 AM

2023 EQB300
Hope Alabama team stays healthy and we all get delivery as scheduled!
The following 2 users liked this post by nsoltz:
jtjbt20x (08-23-2020), MagnumClayz (08-24-2020)
Old 08-26-2020 | 04:12 PM

2016 GLE63
Just received an update on my MY21 GLE 63 S. A friend who works at an MB dealer (separate from the one I purchased from) informed me that my GLE is stuck in production. According to him, a lot of GLEs are in the same boat, all awaiting rear seats. I did select the heated rear seat option, but not sure if the delay is limited to vehicles with that option or just rear seats in general.

My dealer who is conducting the sale says the vehicle is at the VPC (and has been for some time).

Not sure if one bad information is coming from one or the other (or neither), but either way, thought I would share.

Old 08-26-2020 | 04:32 PM

Tesla Model S, Porsche 718 Boxster, Ordered 2021 GLE 53 AMG
Thanks for the update MagnumClayz.
As mentioned above, I have a GLE 53 AMG on order. The build was completed on 8/18 and the vehicle arrived at VPC on 8/20. Based on update from the dealer (he also sent me a screenshot of Netstar as confirmation). Our next checkpoint is on Fri (8/28) to see if the vehicle left VPC. I will keep this thread posted with the updates, as I get them.
PS: I have both the 3rd Row seats and Heated 2nd row seats on my order. Let's see if this causes a delay.
Old 08-26-2020 | 10:36 PM

2016 S550 Coupe
Originally Posted by parichey
Thanks for the update MagnumClayz.
As mentioned above, I have a GLE 53 AMG on order. The build was completed on 8/18 and the vehicle arrived at VPC on 8/20. Based on update from the dealer (he also sent me a screenshot of Netstar as confirmation). Our next checkpoint is on Fri (8/28) to see if the vehicle left VPC. I will keep this thread posted with the updates, as I get them.
PS: I have both the 3rd Row seats and Heated 2nd row seats on my order. Let's see if this causes a delay.
You are about 6 weeks ahead of our build. Congrats.

Question: what is the VPC?
Old 08-26-2020 | 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Vehicle Preparation Center
Old 08-27-2020 | 03:20 PM

2023 EQB300
Would like more details on the rear seat issues, if you can dig anything up.

I presume that VPC is also in Vance unlike at ports of arrival for non-US manufactured vehicles.
Old 08-27-2020 | 03:55 PM

2016 GLE63
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Would like more details on the rear seat issues, if you can dig anything up.

I presume that VPC is also in Vance unlike at ports of arrival for non-US manufactured vehicles.
I wish I had something. As I stated earlier, my dealer is not being very forthcoming with information, and the information regarding the rear seat came from a friend at another dealership.

I believe there are multiple VPCs within the US, but there are for sure several around the world. The one most near to Vance is actually in Brunswick, GA. As you stated, the VPCs service multiple models, including those that are built outside the US, so they're typically located in coastal towns. Vehicles (including the GLE) arrive there post-production to be prepared for delivery. The installation of some accessories takes place, then, vehicles are shipped to dealers. If you request your MSRP document, I believe your assigned VPC is located on the header of that document. Vance is between me and Brunswick, so that's why I assumed that no VPC exists at Vance.

Old 08-27-2020 | 04:16 PM

This is the first I have heard of a rear seat issue and at this time I tend to not believe there is one. I will get another update from my dealer tomorrow and I can check with him where is the VPC located which works on GLE. I am located in Seattle, so it's going to be a long ride for the GLE to get to me.
Old 08-27-2020 | 04:23 PM

2016 GLE63
Originally Posted by parichey
This is the first I have heard of a rear seat issue and at this time I tend to not believe there is one. I will get another update from my dealer tomorrow and I can check with him where is the VPC located which works on GLE. I am located in Seattle, so it's going to be a long ride for the GLE to get to me.
Trust me, I hope you are correct regarding the rear sear issue. Was just passing along the information I received.

Hoping you'll receive good news from your dealer tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2020 | 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No one in their right mind builds a car with missing parts...twice. Here’s one of the lots where they stored the thousands of 2020 GLE’s missing bumpers, seats, etc. One would think that the new CEO would like to keep his job for a few years. How would a Dealer know why it was delayed without at least making a phone call. There’s not likely anything in the System to describe Component delays so I’m skeptical.

Old 08-28-2020 | 12:02 PM

2016 GLE63
Ron.s you make a good point. I assume that the other dealer may have inquired for their own orders, and they just passed the information along to me.

It's speculative at best, but I thought I would share here to see if anyone heard something similar. Very happy that hasn't been the case.

Just browsing some dealerships in my area, and noticing that some GLE 63s are arriving on the showroom floor. They have dealer-generated pictures, so they don't appear to be "in transit" units that are listed for sale ahead of arrival. They also all have the code "16P Factory Code - Showroom Units" on their MSRP sheet. Very exciting.
Old 08-28-2020 | 12:34 PM

2024 GLS 450
I suspect your information is correct. I have a 2020 GLS 450 on order. It was produced earlier this month, but has been held up for what my dealer has learned was some sort of "trim" piece that did not meet quality standards. From his telephone inquiries, there was no indication as to what part might be involved, so it is possible it is a rear seat component. At this point there is no ETA on its release.
Old 08-28-2020 | 03:56 PM

I just got an update from my dealer for by 2021 GLE 53 order.
"There has been no change to your vehicle status and it is currently at the VPC in Alabama. It is more than likely waiting to get loaded on to a railcar with other vehicle to make its way to the Portland VPC. Have a great weekend and stay safe!"

If they don't have an update by end of next week, I will have my dealer call up VPC and try to get a more accurate status.
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (08-28-2020)
Old 08-29-2020 | 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Sorry - just trying to get caught up on the thread....

1. Brunswick GA is one of the Mercedes Ports-Of-Entry for European made (and formerly Mexican made) primarily (but not exclusively for) for the Southern Region

2. Vance factory - yes - acts as a VPC - production is released to VPC - then is "Processed" at VPC - ultimately to be Released-To-Carrier - whether that will be Carrier-Truck or Carrier-Rail.

3. Your respective Dealer's have extensive experience with NetStar "order progress"

4. Starting from the last part at Vance "release-to-carrier" - from that point your dealer has good estimate of transit time to that dealership from Vance

5. "In Process" at VPC step necessary to release to Shipping - both here in the US/Vance and in Euro - what 2yrs ago was about a 2-day process - now, for whatever reason takes 4-5-6 days on average.

6. Factory Build Completion ending 2020's have been being completed on schedule - kindof a Submarine thing - about 10 days prior to production VIN# is assigned that shows it's being lined up for production - forget the B's, C's, F status whatever - on that scheduled completion date "pop" your rig comes up complete just like a submarine coming up for fresh air (unless your sub doesn't pop back up - sorry someone left a hatch open on that dive).

7. "Dealer Calling Vance" - "Dealer Calling VPC" - doesn't ever happen that way (unless I decide to call my friends there myself) - Dealer's are NOT allowed to call Vance or VPC - they have no contacts there - what a Dealer can do is call "Mercedes Distribution" and MB Dstribution can check to see if there are any "system notes" - even Mercedes Distribution CANNOT call Vance - and MB Distro CANNOT call VPC.

8. Truck Shipment - if a Dealer is smart (some are and most are not) - they will know who there "regular" truck carrier is from Vance or from their Port - and Smart Dealer's have the Dispatch team for each carrier on a Fruit/Pastry/whatever Basket-A-Month - plus some d*mn good Scotch for Christmas - but like I say "some" dealer's are Smart (OK, maybe a small few) and "most" dealer's are socially inept whether with you the customer or with framework that feeds them...
The following 3 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
GregW / Oregon (08-29-2020), MagnumClayz (08-31-2020), nsoltz (08-29-2020)
Old 08-29-2020 | 08:07 AM

2023 EQB300
Thank you for the complete update.

Am I to take from point #6 that 2020's have been completed and the switch over to 2021's is in process?

Just for curiosity, is Vance shipment to east coast rail plus truck carrier? Can't imagine truck from Vance to NY.

Old 08-29-2020 | 08:16 AM

ml 350 bluetec 2013
Is the MBUSA website building online the 2021 GLE now?
Old 08-29-2020 | 09:18 AM

2023 EQB300
Doesn't seem to be building '21 on MBUSA website yet. I imagine we will see a change in Sept as the 21's are being built. I also suppose it will be related to MB's official release of MY21. I personally have had no more updates from my dealer beyond moving build date from 3D August to Sept 25. And surprised when he told me a specific Sept date because I would have imagined just a month and decade.

Old 08-29-2020 | 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Doesn't seem to be building '21 on MBUSA website yet. I imagine we will see a change in Sept as the 21's are being built. I also suppose it will be related to MB's official release of MY21. I personally have had no more updates from my dealer beyond moving build date from 3D August to Sept 25. And surprised when he told me a specific Sept date because I would have imagined just a month and decade.
Bet that’s a shortcut so they don’t have to explain Decades to numerous people that don’t know the lingo. Gave you the middle of 3rd D, some give the end date.
Old 08-30-2020 | 01:38 PM

2021 GLE450W4 SUV
Just for curiosity, is Vance shipment to east coast rail plus truck carrier? Can't imagine truck from Vance to NY.
I'm in Maine and my dealer told me it's train to Boston then truck from there to Bangor.
Old 08-31-2020 | 01:59 PM

2016 GLE63
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Sorry - just trying to get caught up on the thread....

1. Brunswick GA is one of the Mercedes Ports-Of-Entry for European made (and formerly Mexican made) primarily (but not exclusively for) for the Southern Region

2. Vance factory - yes - acts as a VPC - production is released to VPC - then is "Processed" at VPC - ultimately to be Released-To-Carrier - whether that will be Carrier-Truck or Carrier-Rail.

3. Your respective Dealer's have extensive experience with NetStar "order progress"

4. Starting from the last part at Vance "release-to-carrier" - from that point your dealer has good estimate of transit time to that dealership from Vance

5. "In Process" at VPC step necessary to release to Shipping - both here in the US/Vance and in Euro - what 2yrs ago was about a 2-day process - now, for whatever reason takes 4-5-6 days on average.

6. Factory Build Completion ending 2020's have been being completed on schedule - kindof a Submarine thing - about 10 days prior to production VIN# is assigned that shows it's being lined up for production - forget the B's, C's, F status whatever - on that scheduled completion date "pop" your rig comes up complete just like a submarine coming up for fresh air (unless your sub doesn't pop back up - sorry someone left a hatch open on that dive).

7. "Dealer Calling Vance" - "Dealer Calling VPC" - doesn't ever happen that way (unless I decide to call my friends there myself) - Dealer's are NOT allowed to call Vance or VPC - they have no contacts there - what a Dealer can do is call "Mercedes Distribution" and MB Dstribution can check to see if there are any "system notes" - even Mercedes Distribution CANNOT call Vance - and MB Distro CANNOT call VPC.

8. Truck Shipment - if a Dealer is smart (some are and most are not) - they will know who there "regular" truck carrier is from Vance or from their Port - and Smart Dealer's have the Dispatch team for each carrier on a Fruit/Pastry/whatever Basket-A-Month - plus some d*mn good Scotch for Christmas - but like I say "some" dealer's are Smart (OK, maybe a small few) and "most" dealer's are socially inept whether with you the customer or with framework that feeds them...
I appreciate you taking the time to inform us about all of this. It's been difficult to try and piece together prior experience, information from multiple sources, and some conjecture to understand the timeline of our orders. It's nice to get some straight, honest answers.

I do have one follow-up question for you regarding the assignment of VPCs. My MSRP document does state that Brunswick is the assigned VPC for my vehicle. Is that just bad information, or is there something more there? For reference, I'm in the southern U.S., and Vance is between me and Brunswick. Just curious.
Old 09-01-2020 | 01:03 AM

2017 C300
hi MBWorld Friends!

Long time listener, first time caller - didn’t see a GLE Coupe thread for the 2021 53 Coupe, so putting it in here.

Placed an order for a 2021 GLE Coupe 53 AMG

Order was placed yesterday from a dealer in NorCal. Estimated date that they have given me in December or Mid-December.

Options -

amg night package
surround view camera system
soft close doors
augmented reality navigation
grey oak wood trim

looking forward to chatting with all of you
more! cant wait!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else with 2021 GLE On Order?