GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Brand new GLE 450 quality issue customer service compensation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 450
Brand new GLE 450 quality issue customer service compensation

My brand new GLE 450 which I purchase last week has damaged headliner with stitches coming out, wind issues when driving over 40mph and engine light on from the time I picked up the car. Service Center is working on fixing in meanwhile they asked me to complain to Mercedes customer care about quality issues. I did complain today and I was told an executive will call me tomorrow discuss about it. Vehicle has only done 700 miles and a week old. Should I request for a new vehicle or any kind of compensation? Does Mercedes really compensate?
Old 03-10-2021, 06:57 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve
Didn't you inspect and test drive before you signed off? And why in the world would you drive it off the lot with an engine light on? You'll be compensated with the Mercedes "executive's" lip-service!!
Old 03-10-2021, 08:01 AM

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts
2021 GLS450 2020 GLE350 2005 BMW 325ci Convertible
Why is the first question about compensation? I love these message boards for lots of great information, but the immediate need to ask for "something" always rubs me the wrong way. These seem like minor issues. Now, if the dealer and MB fails to resolve them quickly, then they become compensatory, IMHO.
The following users liked this post:
mikapen (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 08:06 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Don’t expect any monetary compensation, it doesn’t seem to be eligible for the lemon law , yet. They will reassure you that everything will be fine, and it probably will be. Enjoy your new GLE when you get it back. Make sure EVERYTHING is fixed to your satisfaction before leaving dealership and returning your loaner
Old 03-10-2021, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,492 Likes on 985 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by Dave Stough
Why is the first question about compensation? I love these message boards for lots of great information, but the immediate need to ask for "something" always rubs me the wrong way. These seem like minor issues. Now, if the dealer and MB fails to resolve them quickly, then they become compensatory, IMHO.
The bar of acceptable flaws and issues has been lowered. It's now become commonplace to buy an expensive SUV, drive off and have stitches coming loose and just accept it. The 167 has had its shares of issues, a rough launch no doubt but for this coin you should not have to put up with this poor quality. If the headliner is coming loose, what other issues exist?
Old 03-10-2021, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by places
The bar of acceptable flaws and issues has been lowered. It's now become commonplace to buy an expensive SUV, drive off and have stitches coming loose and just accept it. The 167 has had its shares of issues, a rough launch no doubt but for this coin you should not have to put up with this poor quality. If the headliner is coming loose, what other issues exist?
Never fail, what a sad life you lead - yawn.
The following 2 users liked this post by Philamg:
Lucky 777 (03-10-2021), Ron.s (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Philamg
Never fail, what a sad life you lead - yawn.
Sorry if you struggle with the facts. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Give us one of your Facts, please!
(Good choice of a smiley for your post.)
The following users liked this post:
places (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 03:19 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
My recent experience with the Executive Referral Managers wasn't bad, but not great. I managed to get a 3 year service plan out of them when I complained that the factory could not provide the dealership with an ETA for my GLE after it was delayed over 2 months. However, the vibe I was getting from the manager was that they were throwing the service plan at me just to make me go away and that they really did not care about the issue. They will most likely not be able to provide monetary compensation as I tried to get them to give a sales incentive to the dealership to lower my lease but they were not able to do so.

Also I absolutely agree that for the amount of money we are spending on these GLEs we should not be experiencing QC issues like mentioned above. Luckily it sounds like OPs issues are not that bad and the dealership should able to fix them fairly quick. But if they cannot fix them or if they are persist, then it may be in OPs best interest to explore the lemon laws of his or her state while also going through the MB Executive Referral Managers.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Yawn
Old 03-11-2021, 07:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 450
you must have missed the fact where the owner didn't properly inspect his car before driving off the lot.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by digital_b
you must have missed the fact where the owner didn't properly inspect his car before driving off the lot.
What does that have to do with the fact that MB actually produced this car and it made it out of the factory and past the dealer and to the customer? Sure I don't disagree that the buyer should or could have inspected the car before buying it but he really shouldn't have to when buying the best or nothing. Not sure what is happening at that factory but something needs to change.
Old 06-17-2023, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
SAME PROBLEM no boost

Im having same issues and my dealerships not advanced enough for this engine and im stuck
Old 06-17-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
SUV
Good luck OP. I know it sucks because it's not a cheap purchase but hopefully they can fix it right for you so you can enjoy.
What does that have to do with the fact that MB actually produced this car and it made it out of the factory and past the dealer and to the customer? Sure I don't disagree that the buyer should or could have inspected the car before buying it but he really shouldn't have to when buying the best or nothing. Not sure what is happening at that factory but something needs to change.
You have your points there. Buying something at this level one should expect it comes without issues. That's why they have quality check point. Sure it's human who builds the car but the checker is there to check to ensure it's ready for delivery. Saying it's expected to have minor issues is beyond bizarre. What if one bought a Rolex and later finds out water gets in when he's at the pool? Mine started to rattle half way home. Is it my fault that I didn't check/test drive thoroughly? I still have a faulty roof and I decided to live with it. It must be my fault too because I didn't test the sunroof. I wonder how many on here actually test their roofs. Their quality control department sure has quality issues IMO.