GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

How’s your audio sound???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,724 Likes on 2,127 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
How’s your audio sound???

I know this has been discussed here before, but I thought we might revisit the topic. I had a 2021 GLE350 with the Premium Pkg. as a loaner and the music sound quality was not good. I did try adjusting several of the controls, but it never got much better. I think audio systems should sound great at this price point and should do so, without asking the driver to jump through hoops every time they want to change the station or source. Are you folks happy with your factory audio systems?
Old 06-12-2021, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Nope. Should have upgraded mine but didn’t want to lose the room in the hatch that has already been shrunk with this new model. The quality is not too bad, but there is no volume to it.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:38 PM

Received 215 Likes on 161 Posts
2023 GLE450, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2021 + 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300
It isn't great - not as good as the $850 Burmester upgrade in the E class, for example. I felt like one of the past MBUX updates materially improved the sound quality, but it is nothing special. The high end 3D would be interested, but good gosh, that is a pile of money for it. I had a Chrysler 300c with the upgraded HK system ($1,900) option, and that was really a stellar system for a run of the mill car - if there was something between the $850 and the $3500 or whatever the 3D costs, I would be a buyer of that.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:33 PM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Arrow Mine sounds way better using Android auto

Originally Posted by Streamliner
I know this has been discussed here before, but I thought we might revisit the topic. I had a 2021 GLE350 with the Premium Pkg. as a loaner and the music sound quality was not good. I did try adjusting several of the controls, but it never got much better. I think audio systems should sound great at this price point and should do so, without asking the driver to jump through hoops every time they want to change the station or source. Are you folks happy with your factory audio systems?
I have the Burmester upgrade and the Sirius XM sound is good but nothing to brag about. Spotify through Android auto makes it come to life with pretty awesome sound.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by kvelez
I have the Burmester upgrade and the Sirius XM sound is good but nothing to brag about. Spotify through Android auto makes it come to life with pretty awesome sound.
Yes, the source is a big deal.
People who complain about not having Wireless Auto should compare the wired Auto to the bluetooth audio.
It's a huge difference.
TIDAL over USB really demonstrates the difference, compared to wireless.
The following users liked this post:
kvelez (06-15-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 04:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE400d Coupe
I have not picked up my new GLE yet - I will tomorrow - but has anyone tried the improved Apple Music through the Burmester - I know Apple recently improved/enhanced the quality (on supported music sources) for spatial audio with Dolby Atmos - just wondering how good this might be, or whether I'll still be disappointed with the Burmester from what I have read (here and elsewhere). My vehicle will be the coupe rather than the SUV if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-14-2021, 06:10 AM

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts
NCC-1701
I have the Burmester upgrade and it's okay. TheTesla Model Y we got a few weeks back has much better sound.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:15 AM

GLE400d Coupe
Originally Posted by cupecoy
I have the Burmester upgrade and it's okay. TheTesla Model Y we got a few weeks back has much better sound.
Unfortunately the Model Y is not available in the UK yet. It certainly will be a tempting option for me as a potential next vehicle - subjevct to where the likes of MB, Porsche & Audi are with etheir EV's catching up with Tesla tech and improved design/interiors etc. How are you finfding the Y (apart from superior audio)?
Old 06-14-2021, 02:43 PM

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts
NCC-1701
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by nickjwilliams
Unfortunately the Model Y is not available in the UK yet. It certainly will be a tempting option for me as a potential next vehicle - subjevct to where the likes of MB, Porsche & Audi are with etheir EV's catching up with Tesla tech and improved design/interiors etc. How are you finfding the Y (apart from superior audio)?
Since you have a GLC63s you will be missing on that sweet sporty style, that's for sure! The Y is pretty good. Definitely nowhere near the luxury level or comfort of a GLC.
Acceleration is outstanding, and not having the jolting MB tranny is a nice. The camera system on the Y when used while parking is pretty bad. Blind spot monitoring is downright garbage.
Material and build quality on the Y makes me appreciate MB a lot. The Y has quite a lot of cheap plastic and the paint is crap.
Having said that I do have an order for a refreshed Model X which is supposedly delivering early next year but I haven't committed just yet. Kinda hoping that MB will gain speed on the EV market.
Tesla as a company has it's annoyances, especially their lunatic CEO who takes features away on a whim and also kind of lies about it (check the recent removal of radar on 3/Y). I do like the frequent software updates there though.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:57 AM

GLE400d Coupe
Originally Posted by cupecoy
Since you have a GLC63s you will be missing on that sweet sporty style, that's for sure! The Y is pretty good. Definitely nowhere near the luxury level or comfort of a GLC.
Acceleration is outstanding, and not having the jolting MB tranny is a nice. The camera system on the Y when used while parking is pretty bad. Blind spot monitoring is downright garbage.
Material and build quality on the Y makes me appreciate MB a lot. The Y has quite a lot of cheap plastic and the paint is crap.
Having said that I do have an order for a refreshed Model X which is supposedly delivering early next year but I haven't committed just yet. Kinda hoping that MB will gain speed on the EV market.
Tesla as a company has it's annoyances, especially their lunatic CEO who takes features away on a whim and also kind of lies about it (check the recent removal of radar on 3/Y). I do like the frequent software updates there though.
Thanks for the insight and detail there - much appreciated. Maybe some of this will have been addressed by the time Mr Musk let’s the Y over to Blighty!

I’m keeping an eye on the EV and hybrid developments too :-)
The following users liked this post:
cupecoy (06-16-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 05:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLE 350
I have the Burmester surround package and it is surprisingly good. I use Amazon Music HD on Android Auto and it had HD 3D playlists that sound amazing in the car. I guess the source does make a difference, as SirusXM is a total let down on the sound quality.
The following 3 users liked this post by PalmBeach2210:
kvelez (06-15-2021), mikapen (06-16-2021), Timmay (06-15-2021)
Old 01-05-2022, 06:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLE 350
Well….

As everyone has mentioned, not the best. I don’t have the 3D option, mine only has 12 or 13 speakers. The Harmon Kardon in my 2014 ML 350 sound quality was better, again couldn’t justify the added cost. In Canada when you start off at 69,900, doesn’t take much to get it over $85,000, that was my limit and that is only a 4 banger. 😉