GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE 53 AMG New Owner - Already Having Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle53
Originally Posted by KimLBump
My AMG GLE53 has had that irritating thump when stopping since I pulled out of the dealership. So frustrating, they have updated the software twice. The second time it was better but still there. Waiting on another update when becomes available. I would never have bought a car that did this, especially for the price, WTF??
To top that off, the clear coat is starting to have issues. Looks like iridescent spots on the hood that started after 7 months. It’s currently at Mercedes hopefully getting repaired?
Is anyone else having paint issues??
i have the transmission issue. What did the dealership tell you about it. Mine told me that there is a software update that MBUSA is currently working on it. Previous ETA was June then got pushed back to end of the year when the 2023 comes out. So what did ur dealership tell you about urs?
Old 08-14-2022, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by chassis
The plant manager at Vance can easily be googled. MBUSI is the legal entity for the Vance factory.

Manufacturing investment in general is moving more south and more west compared with 50 years ago. Population shift in the U.S. and labor cost vs other states are the driving factors.

The lower Mississippi valley is attracting investment now. Old school Ford is investing in Tennessee.

Look at the average hourly wage in northwest Mississippi. bls.gov
All good points.

A good article from CNBC gives more depth. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/14/auto...-industry.html

So, better training, better partnerships with local Communities, lower costs of land and electricity, better work ethic.
Lots of advantages for the Communities, the States, and the Workers. Not to mention the Companies making these big investments.
Another characteristic of the Southern States is that they aren't of a "Tax and Spend" mentality, keeping cost of living lower.
And I'll restate that "Right-to-Work" States don't prohibit Unions, but most workers there prefer NOT to be "Organized."
Old 08-14-2022, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by SimbaMB
Just a wild thought. Before everyone throw their GLE 53 into the junk yard maybe one should try resetting the automatic transmission. Here’s a link: https://youtu.be/Qk0kb4Zj55E

Apparently, if you have more than one person driving the car when it’s new, the different driving habits may confuse the computer trying to learn your shifting and driving style. We all know that if your wife also drives the car her aggressive gas peddling and your meek style might interfere with the bedding of the system. Just a wild guess. Try it. Reset the transmission and then go out do some spirited driving. You never know if this will fix the issue.

BTW, the GLE 53 AMG is a fantastic vehicle!
To those who have posted shifting problems since the above post was made, you should try this as part of your troubleshooting.
I may fix your complaint (after driving normally as you normally do, for a little while), or it can help your shop in their investigation.

There have been a couple of mentions of the problem remaining after software updates. Try the Reset to see if the update AND resetting helps.

If there are two drivers, use the Profile feature. I think it remembers the transmission's "learned adaption" is saved under the Profile (not 100% sure of that).