GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

My GLE 63 Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 06:46 AM

Received 129 Likes on 69 Posts
2021 GLE 63
My GLE 63 Order

So I just got the call that my GLE 63 is going to be built in August with supposed delivery in September. I pretty much ordered every option, and was told that the only option that was removed from my order was Augmented Reality which I currently have on my 2021 GLE 450. I know it's gimmicky but I like it. Not the end of the world if that's really the only thing that gets pulled. I did opt fopr the heads up display. I'm still not sure and waiting for answer if the full screen map in instrument cluster is disabled without the AR. I laughably ordered the exact same car as mine color and finish wise in the selenite gray (Maybe my wife won't notice :-). Still no pricing yet.
The following users liked this post:
Ron.s (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022, 09:49 AM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
Hopefully you get everything you ordered. I wonder if they prioritize options by model (AMG) or just first come first served.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Daso
So I just got the call that my GLE 63 is going to be built in August with supposed delivery in September. I pretty much ordered every option, and was told that the only option that was removed from my order was Augmented Reality which I currently have on my 2021 GLE 450. I know it's gimmicky but I like it. Not the end of the world if that's really the only thing that gets pulled. I did opt fopr the heads up display. I'm still not sure and waiting for answer if the full screen map in instrument cluster is disabled without the AR. I laughably ordered the exact same car as mine color and finish wise in the selenite gray (Maybe my wife won't notice :-). Still no pricing yet.
I ordered mine on on 4/13 with a third week of June build. My dealer received two V8 allocations only and one was left. I had to pay a 12K ADM. I ordered every option, except ceramic brakes, running boards and the track pace app. Hopefully the augmented reality won't be a problem. I'll most likely be able to give that a pass if not available but if no head up display then no deal.

On another note the system took all of my options. I suspect this is standard then as it gets closer to the build date then they let you know what they don't have. So are you saying on the configuration printout the augmented reality was left out or it was there and they told you later? Your build is still three months away so anything is possible.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:13 PM

2021 GLE 63
Originally Posted by benzbell
I ordered mine on on 4/13 with a third week of June build. My dealer received two V8 allocations only and one was left. I had to pay a 12K ADM. I ordered every option, except ceramic brakes, running boards and the track pace app. Hopefully the augmented reality won't be a problem. I'll most likely be able to give that a pass if not available but if no head up display then no deal.

On another note the system took all of my options. I suspect this is standard then as it gets closer to the build date then they let you know what they don't have. So are you saying on the configuration printout the augmented reality was left out or it was there and they told you later? Your build is still three months away so anything is possible.

Wow, you're lucky. I placed my order on 4/14 and just got the August build date. I also have a $10K fee over sticker which is really bothering me and making me wonder if I should keep shopping. I ordered most options except for the race program, ceramic brakes, running boards and some other smaller options. My dealer just called me to say my order was scheduled for build and that the only option that came back removed with the Augmented reality. I'm sure much can change until then. Congrats on your earlier build date.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:24 PM

2021 GLE 63
Why is mine a 2022 GLE63W4S while your a GLE63C4S, I posted my order sheet. I think I missed some cool options like the carbon fiber engine cover but I guess it's ok. Does it look like I missed something on my order. I still have nbo idea on what it will cost :-)
Attached Files
Old 05-18-2022, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
GLE63W4S is the SUV and the GLE63C4S is the coupe. That's probably the big difference on our build dates right there. 10K over sticker is actually pretty reasonable.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:55 PM

2021 GLE 63
Originally Posted by benzbell
GLE63W4S is the SUV and the GLE63C4S is the coupe. That's probably the big difference on our build dates right there. 10K over sticker is actually pretty reasonable.
Ahh, That makes sense, I thought yours was the SUV as well. I'd love 22" rims but I'm scared enough with the 21's on my 2021 GLE450 so I'm sticking to that size. While the 63 is a beast, I'm having some remorse moments considering that my 450 has been a great car as is, I got it for 10% off of sticker and it gets 10 more miles to the gallon. I get it that if I'm buying a car like this what does gas price really matter
Old 05-19-2022, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Originally Posted by Daso;[url=tel:8565695
8565695[/url]]So I just got the call that my GLE 63 is going to be built in August with supposed delivery in September. I pretty much ordered every option, and was told that the only option that was removed from my order was Augmented Reality which I currently have on my 2021 GLE 450. I know it's gimmicky but I like it. Not the end of the world if that's really the only thing that gets pulled. I did opt fopr the heads up display. I'm still not sure and waiting for answer if the full screen map in instrument cluster is disabled without the AR. I laughably ordered the exact same car as mine color and finish wise in the selenite gray (Maybe my wife won't notice :-). Still no pricing yet.
I think I remember reading something in the new S class threads that someone had their augmented reality option deleted and therefore they didn’t get the little blue arrows in the heads up. Maybe since they are in a different screen on the GLE and not the heads up, they might not be omitted. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:10 PM

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts
2021 GLE 350, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2023 Polestar 2, '73 Alfa GTV
I’d suspect the part they can’t get for AR is the more powerful chip used, which is also what apparently allows the full-screen map on the instrument panel.

When we bought our 350 last September they had already stopped shipping vehicles with AR, so it’s been going on for a while. Dealers we spoke to said ‘no-way’ we’d be able to find a new one with that in stock but we found one, pretty well loaded, and snapped it up. The funny thing is though that it also has heads-up which I’d never had in a vehicle before and for this type of vehicle now I’d not do without.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:54 PM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Daso
Wow, you're lucky. I placed my order on 4/14 and just got the August build date. I also have a $10K fee over sticker which is really bothering me and making me wonder if I should keep shopping. I ordered most options except for the race program, ceramic brakes, running boards and some other smaller options. My dealer just called me to say my order was scheduled for build and that the only option that came back removed with the Augmented reality. I'm sure much can change until then. Congrats on your earlier build date.
If you don’t mind ordering out of state (TX), my dealer will add zero $ over sticker for factory orders. PM me and I’ll give you the contact information.

Cheers,
Old 05-20-2022, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Neurobit
If you don’t mind ordering out of state (TX), my dealer will add zero $ over sticker for factory orders. PM me and I’ll give you the contact information.

Cheers,
And if you don't mind playing the game to the hilt, get that Texas bid in writing, take it to your local dealer and see if they will match it.
Sales teams being what they are, they need something to show management, that they have an actual bid that they're trying to beat. Not just talk.
The old adage in the car biz is: "money talks, BS walks." Give them something to work with.