GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Couple newbie questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2022 | 06:21 PM

SUV
Couple newbie questions

1. Can we play video files via USB? Looks like the answer is no?
2. How do I display speed limits?
3. How do you zoom in/out the map? Do you use two fingers on the map? Any knob/buttons can do this?
4. Can you set it up so when unlock, it will only unlock the driver's door if that's where you are?
5. Remote start: can it stay on after unlocked?
6. Signaling: Does it not have the 3-blinker like BMW and other vehicles when you hit it slightly and it would blink 3 times during lane changing?
7. Can we turn off *** completely?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-2022 | 06:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by mb2be
1. Can we play video files via USB? Looks like the answer is no?
2. How do I display speed limits?
3. How do you zoom in/out the map? Do you use two fingers on the map? Any knob/buttons can do this?
4. Can you set it up so when unlock, it will only unlock the driver's door if that's where you are?
5. Remote start: can it stay on after unlocked?
6. Signaling: Does it not have the 3-blinker like BMW and other vehicles when you hit it slightly and it would blink 3 times during lane changing?
7. Can we turn off *** completely?

Many thanks in advance.
1. I think so but only when stationary
2. You mean the map or your instrument cluster (driver display?) if so both should display when navigating, you can also enable it in your infotainment
3. You do that or you can pinch or expand using the trackpad
4. Yes hold the lock and unlock button on your keyfob until it flashes and then stays illuminated then turns off.
5. Unlikely, engine will shut off after 10 minutes. It is to prevent accidental engine starts in the garage and owner not aware raising CO2 to dangerous levels
6. Wait... BMWs have turn signals? Just kidding, but yes it should do the same if you aren't pushing it fully down.
7. Sorry, didn't understand your question.
Old 06-20-2022 | 06:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

In regards to point 4, to clarify, doing that configures the key to open all doors or driver's door only so everytime you have your key in your pocket with keyless go, it will act the same as long as you have that configured. If you do the same thing again (hold both buttons until the light blinks and constant lit for a few seconds as confirmation), it will revert to default.
Old 06-20-2022 | 08:00 PM

SUV
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
1. I think so but only when stationary
2. You mean the map or your instrument cluster (driver display?) if so both should display when navigating, you can also enable it in your infotainment
3. You do that or you can pinch or expand using the trackpad
4. Yes hold the lock and unlock button on your keyfob until it flashes and then stays illuminated then turns off.
5. Unlikely, engine will shut off after 10 minutes. It is to prevent accidental engine starts in the garage and owner not aware raising CO2 to dangerous levels
6. Wait... BMWs have turn signals? Just kidding, but yes it should do the same if you aren't pushing it fully down.
7. Sorry, didn't understand your question.
Thanks.
1. I connected a USB with video files but it would only play the sound. Did you have to enable something?
2. Both. I was using Navi but it doesn't show speed limits in either one. I read up a little bit more and it seems like I needed Driver Assistance Pro package for it to show?
5. I meant after I remote start, go to the car and go. The moment I open the door, it shuts off like Lexus. My BMW does not do that. I would go in, step on break, press Start and can drive. All this the engine is still running.
6. For BMW/Lexus if I push the lever lightly and let go, it would blink 3 times. It doesn't do that on this GLE. I would have to push and hold for it to blink. Not a big deal but just wondering.
7. Auto Start Stop
Old 06-20-2022 | 08:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks.
1. I connected a USB with video files but it would only play the sound. Did you have to enable something?
2. Both. I was using Navi but it doesn't show speed limits in either one. I read up a little bit more and it seems like I needed Driver Assistance Pro package for it to show?
5. I meant after I remote start, go to the car and go. The moment I open the door, it shuts off like Lexus. My BMW does not do that. I would go in, step on break, press Start and can drive. All this the engine is still running.
6. For BMW/Lexus if I push the lever lightly and let go, it would blink 3 times. It doesn't do that on this GLE. I would have to push and hold for it to blink. Not a big deal but just wondering.
7. Auto Start Stop
You're welcome.
1. Hmmm I guess alternatively you could try using an SD card with a type C-adapter and plugging it in that way. MP4 format is prefered.
2. Unless I am missing something but your vehicle might need to have that camera that reads traffic signs as the speed limit is displayed after the vehicle goes past the sign. I am not sure what package is required since it is different here in Canada but if your vehicle doesn't have Traffic Sign Assist (IIRC that is what you call it) then it might not have speed limit displayed. I think some MB vehicles displays speed limit based on map and live data but it is regional dependent and on specific models. Alternatively you could use smartphone integration with Google Maps and Waze.
5. Sorry if this is not the answer you want but MBs started with Mercedes Me automatically turns off the engine when unlocking the door, there is no way around this.
6. That is strange, it should blink 3 times without holding, just want to confirm but did you depress it enough then release?
7. Thanks for clarifying, there is no stock way to do it, you can always purchase an OBD module that achieves this.
The following users liked this post:
mb2be (06-30-2022)
Old 06-20-2022 | 11:20 PM

bmw 535i xdrive
6. It’s in the settings; you can turn that 3 signal function on and off.
mb2be (06-30-2022)
Old 06-30-2022 | 03:02 PM

SUV
Can someone tell me what this "P" sign means? I assume it's Park? But not sure what it means when it shows up. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it shows up with an arrow to the right. Sometimes it shows up with an arrow to the left. I think it has something to do with speed but what do all these mean? Also I read that we could remote start the car with the remote by pressing and hold Panic button for 2s. Is this how it works? I tried twice and all it did was just the Panic went off. Wife wasn't happy.
Thanks.
Old 06-30-2022 | 03:11 PM

2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Can someone tell me what this "P" sign means? I assume it's Park? But not sure what it means when it shows up. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it shows up with an arrow to the right. Sometimes it shows up with an arrow to the left. I think it has something to do with speed but what do all these mean? Also I read that we could remote start the car with the remote by pressing and hold Panic button for 2s. Is this how it works? I tried twice and all it did was just the Panic went off. Wife wasn't happy.
Thanks.
That's your Active Parking Assist (arrow points when a parking spot is available when driving at slow speeds).
Vyper340vb (07-24-2022)
Old 06-30-2022 | 03:15 PM

2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Here you go:

The following 2 users liked this post by Neurobit:
mb2be (06-30-2022), Vyper340vb (07-24-2022)
Old 06-30-2022 | 03:39 PM

SUV
. Thanks. What's the purpose of this though? I didn't even engage the park assistance. And also I was driving on a street.
Old 07-01-2022 | 12:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

. Thanks. What's the purpose of this though? I didn't even engage the park assistance. And also I was driving on a street.
It let's you know that it is able to locate a parking spot and the systems are Ready to help you park. You could ignore it if you don't use the feature.
mb2be (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022 | 02:07 PM

SUV
It let's you know that it is able to locate a parking spot and the systems are Ready to help you park. You could ignore it if you don't use the feature.
OK thanks. I'm sure my wife would not notice this but as I was trying to learn the car, I paid more attention. I was like... the car is telling me something. What about starting from the fob? Is that how you do it? Press and hold on Panic for 2s? Thanks.
Old 07-01-2022 | 02:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

OK thanks. I'm sure my wife would not notice this but as I was trying to learn the car, I paid more attention. I was like... the car is telling me something. What about starting from the fob? Is that how you do it? Press and hold on Panic for 2s? Thanks.
Sorry for giving an answer that you don't want to hear : ( but you can't start your vehicle through the keyfob, MB never had that.
Neurobit (07-20-2022)
Old 07-01-2022 | 05:37 PM

SUV
Sorry for giving an answer that you don't want to hear : ( but you can't start your vehicle through the keyfob, MB never had that.
I think you're right. I couldn't find anything about remote start with the fob in the manual. I searched again and this is what I was referring to. I didn't know I was reading at 2011 document.
Old 07-01-2022 | 08:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

I think you're right. I couldn't find anything about remote start with the fob in the manual. I searched again and this is what I was referring to. I didn't know I was reading at 2011 document.
Hmmm interesting find, is that aftermarket? I am not sure if MB ever had remote start on the keyfob.
Old 07-19-2022 | 10:48 AM

SUV
Is it possible to keep recirculation on? I turned it on but it went off on its own after awhile either auto is on or off. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2022 | 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Air recirculation mode auto off

Is it possible to keep recirculation on? I turned it on but it went off on its own after awhile either auto is on or off. Thanks.
Doesn't look like it.

Old 07-19-2022 | 11:44 AM
Veteran: Marine Corp

2021 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Doesn't look like it.

..after some time... like they couldn't tell us when or how that is determined! then again, why should it even switch? They must have tied it into the fuel economy somehow. I like how some engineer decided this was the right thing to do.
Old 07-19-2022 | 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by MBguy013
..after some time... like they couldn't tell us when or how that is determined! then again, why should it even switch? They must have tied it into the fuel economy somehow. I like how some engineer decided this was the right thing to do.
It could be the quality of the outside air.
This may be my imagination, but it seems like it will stay on recirculate a lot longer when I'm in the city, than when I'm driving in rural areas.
Old 07-20-2022 | 10:09 AM

SUV
Wow thanks for all the replies. I thought my car had issue. On the Lexus it will stay on if Auto is off. On the BMW it will stay on if pressed regardless Auto’s state. Interesting why MB decided to go this way.
Old 07-23-2022 | 02:17 PM

SUV
Is it me only or the wipers are very jerky? Will they get better as the vehicle ages? Any solution to reduce the jerky movement? It gets worse at slower speeds. My wife complained about this and I thought she was over sensitive until I encountered. I actually had to switch off and let the rainx do the work.

Originally Posted by MBguy013
...that's when you hit those cow fields on the road.
Old 07-23-2022 | 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is it me only or the wipers are very jerky? Will they get better as the vehicle ages? Any solution to reduce the jerky movement? It gets worse at slower speeds. My wife complained about this and I thought she was over sensitive until I encountered. I actually had to switch off and let the rainx do the work.
From my experience Rain-X will cause jerkiness with the wipers. I never use it in the windshield. I’ve never had an issue with the wipers. Contaminants in the glass can be the issue.
Old 07-23-2022 | 04:12 PM

SUV
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
From my experience Rain-X will cause jerkiness with the wipers. I never use it in the windshield. I’ve never had an issue with the wipers. Contaminants in the glass can be the issue.
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the glass is defective or you mean I might have stuff on the windshield? The complaint started before I used Rainx. It's her car. I applied Rainx because we were heading out for a long distance trip. The car was basically new and clean. I always did before big trip and never had an issue.
Old 07-23-2022 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the glass is defective or you mean I might have stuff on the windshield? The complaint started before I used Rainx. It's her car. I applied Rainx because we were heading out for a long distance trip. The car was basically new and clean. I always did before big trip and never had an issue.
"Stuff" on the windshield. I have found Rain-X works okay for a while, but then it loses its beading ability, especially at lower speeds. The once you start using the wipers, it gets really bad. JMO. Isopropanol Rubbing alcohol can be used to remove Rain-X. Then try machine polishing with glass polish. The rubber blades themselves might benefit from some cleaning, as well.

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 07-23-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2022 | 06:41 PM

2021 GLE450

...that's when you hit those cow fields on the road.
The wipers are pretty bad -- lots of us have experienced stuttering and skipping. There's at least one thread on them. Mine were replaced once at no charge as a courtesy, and the brand new ones were just as bad. Mine got better after I stripped the windshield with Bar Keepers Friend then polished it, but I still have the problem. It will drive you insane if you have to make a long trip in the rain. I'm going to make another attempt to strip it this week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couple newbie questions