GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Mercedes Me Connect Update Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 10:01 AM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Mercedes Me Connect Update Issue

So I got the notification that services have been updated. I open my Mercedes Me Connect app and most of the services say "activating in progress". The only services that say "Activated" are individual recommendations, interface to 3rd party providers: vehicle data, smartphone integration package, Mercedes Benz navigation, Parking for app, forward anonymized data, MB emergency call system, and stolen vehicle assistance. Anyone else get this today? I have 6 months and 10 days left on my lease and it has not been more than the 3 year trial period for the MB stuff.

Old 08-15-2023, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,705 Likes on 2,471 Posts
2019 C63CS
Something is completely busted at the moment on their end. I have a couple of support tickets open. My services expire in a month, but I can't renew. The store says there's a technical error and the web portal for the rest of the services also has an error. It looks like they are doing some kind of an upgrade. I see this notification in the app. Looks like they are moving the store to the app from the web portal, but if I go to the app store there's no update for the app. So the app is telling me to update, but there is no update available.

Old 08-15-2023, 02:05 PM

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
GLE350(V167) C300(W204)
My app showed "over-the-air update available" for about 3-4 days last week, but as of yesterday morning it was gone and not shown in the list of updates performed (last one was in May)
Old 08-15-2023, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 556 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by superswiss
Something is completely busted at the moment on their end. I have a couple of support tickets open. My services expire in a month, but I can't renew. The store says there's a technical error and the web portal for the rest of the services also has an error. It looks like they are doing some kind of an upgrade. I see this notification in the app. Looks like they are moving the store to the app from the web portal, but if I go to the app store there's no update for the app. So the app is telling me to update, but there is not update.
Just curious, do they ever respond to you?
They've only responded to one ticket of mine in recent years. All the others get the automated response a minute after sending, but then nothing.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Eaton
Just curious, do they ever respond to you?
They've only responded to one ticket of mine in recent years. All the others get the automated response a minute after sending, but then nothing.
Yes, they asked for screenshots yesterday to escalate the issue. If it doesn't get resolved in a week or two, I'll call the support number on the store website.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Yes, they asked for screenshots yesterday to escalate the issue. If it doesn't get resolved in a week or two, I'll call the support number on the store website.
I've opened tickets regarding many issues (not this one) and they never respond.
They one they did they were really helpful, but I don't get why they ignore the others.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Eaton
I've opened tickets regarding many issues (not this one) and they never respond.
They one they did they were really helpful, but I don't get why they ignore the others.
Not sure. I'm starting to suspect that their emails don't always make it. The email I got yesterday sounded like a follow up email asking for the screenshots again, but I never got an email just asking for the screenshots. I checked my Junk folder, too, and nothing was there. During the pandemic I had to follow up a few times with an issue I had with Live Traffic and eventually they responded asking for screenshots from the car and then about a week later they resolved the issue.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

N/A
Not sure. I'm starting to suspect that their emails don't always make it. The email I got yesterday sounded like a follow up email asking for the screenshots again, but I never got an email just asking for the screenshots. I checked my Junk folder, too, and nothing was there. During the pandemic I had to follow up a few times with an issue I had with Live Traffic and eventually they responded asking for screenshots from the car and then about a week later they resolved the issue.
Hm, that may explain it. I wonder if adding them as a contact/whitelist would help.

They need a web portal to see the requests!
The following users liked this post:
superswiss (08-15-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 06:14 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
'22 GLE 350e
I got an email this morning saying my vehicle had been removed from my Mercedes Me account. And all services have been deactivated as well (including live traffic info).
Called the helpdesk, apparently they're having a general issue with Mercedes Me at the moment. "Should be solved later today".
antigeek (08-17-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 01:54 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
Originally Posted by elbekko
I got an email this morning saying my vehicle had been removed from my Mercedes Me account. And all services have been deactivated as well (including live traffic info).
Called the helpdesk, apparently they're having a general issue with Mercedes Me at the moment. "Should be solved later today".
Same here, and couldn't log to the website last night either (username/email did not exist).
Glad to have confirmation that others are having an issue as well.
Hopefully fixed soon - my wife said that voice texts weren't working in her GLE.
Not sure if it's related, just posting here in case others are experiencing the same.

Last edited by antigeek; 08-17-2023 at 01:54 PM. Reason: details on login
Old 08-17-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 183 Likes on 137 Posts
2022 GLE 450
No issues here.
Old 08-17-2023, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Looks like the issues may be resolved. The websites are working again for me and they released a new update for the app today. Added support for Apple Car Key on select 2024 models. I'm gonna give it a bit more time before trying to renew my services. Just in case they are still stabilizing some things.
Old 08-18-2023, 06:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
My wife got this email Thursday, and services had not been restored.
As of this reply, I found that her account is working again, but the Mercedes me connect section does not have our vehicle (yet?).
Dear Customer,

We would like to apologize for a technical malfunction on our site that affects your Mercedes me user account and thus the vehicles that are linked to it.

Since the early morning of August 16, your Mercedes me user account has not been available due to a faulty internal technical migration.

Since then, we have been working hard to fully restore your user account and all associated functions. The security of your data and your user account were not compromised.

Your profiles and settings in the vehicle, remote functions via the Mercedes me app, the charging function via the Mercedes me app (the RFID card continues to work), live traffic and other Mercedes me connect services are affected until they are restored.

If you have created a new Mercedes me user account in the meantime and linked your vehicle to it, it will be restored to its original condition as part of the restoration.

Once the restoration is complete, you can log in as usual with your original credentials.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. We are already searching for the source of the topic and working out a process improvement path to prevent this from happening again.

If your participation is required as “next steps” for the restoration, we will contact you. As soon as the restoration is successfully completed, we will inform you.

Kind regards,
Mercedes me connect

Last edited by antigeek; 08-18-2023 at 06:09 PM.
mikapen (08-18-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,243 Likes on 1,915 Posts
PFL205.064
I wonder if the email provider plays a role, like do you guys use gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. just to name a few.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I wonder if the email provider plays a role, like do you guys use gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. just to name a few.
It's possible. I use Office 365 with my own domain and full control over my own email policies. FWIW, they keep asking me for the screenshot again and again. Seems the ticket is bouncing around on their end. Supposedly it's been escalated and I've sent the same screenshot about 5 times now...LOL. It's down to a minor issue of the dashboard showing my car as a 2021 when it is a 2019. Everything else is working again.

EDIT: They had a major issue with an internal migration apparently. Some cars got disconnected from the Mercedes me services and emails went out to the affected customers. They are working on restoring everybody's service. Never mind. This information is right above.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064
It's possible. I use Office 365 with my own domain and full control over my own email policies. FWIW, they keep asking me for the screenshot again and again. Seems the ticket is bouncing around on their end. Supposedly it's been escalated and I've sent the same screenshot about 5 times now...LOL. It's down to a minor issue of the dashboard showing my car as a 2021 when it is a 2019. Everything else is working again.

EDIT: They had a major issue with an internal migration apparently. Some cars got disconnected from the Mercedes me services and emails went out to the affected customers. They are working on restoring everybody's service. Never mind. This information is right above.
but ... that was like 10 days ago (well... 8) , it is still not fully restored?
Old 08-27-2023, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
but ... that was like 10 days ago (well... 8) , it is still not fully restored?
I don't know if they restored everything. It's all working for me, however, my car never got disconnected completely. For me it was just the web portal that wasn't working.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064
I don't know if they restored everything. It's all working for me, however, my car never got disconnected completely. For me it was just the web portal that wasn't working.
Is the in-app store now working allowing you to renew your products?
Old 08-27-2023, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Is the in-app store now working allowing you to renew your products?
No, there's no in-app store at the moment. But I can renew on the web store. Waiting till the end of the month before I renew.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064
No, there's no in-app store at the moment. But I can renew on the web store. Waiting till the end of the month before I renew.
Do you expect a reply from them saying when the store is launched on your app, I mean, it did say coming soon in your screenshots.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Do you expect a reply from them saying when the store is launched on your app, I mean, it did say coming soon in your screenshots.
No, I didn't even ask them about that. The app did finally get updated and that message went away. They've added Apple Car Key support for the new 2024 E Class.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064
No, I didn't even ask them about that. The app did finally get updated and that message went away. They've added Apple Car Key support for the new 2024 E Class.
I see, guess that means they had plans for it to integrate everything in the app but scraped it after updating the app (to remove the message)