GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

MBUX 2.4 update 2024 GLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 11:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
MBUX 2.4 update 2024 GLE

Just got notification of the MBUX 2.4 update on my 2024 GLE 350. first OTA I've recieved since getting the car last month. Anyone know what's different?

Pic of the update and my current version before update.

Version before updare

Update installing

Old 04-29-2024, 11:42 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
I got this update today on my 2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe. It kept telling me to install it so I installed it when I got home and I didn’t have a chance to see if anything is different.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:16 PM

2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by makris0000
I got this update today on my 2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe. It kept telling me to install it so I installed it when I got home and I didn’t have a chance to see if anything is different.
I played around a little bit after it installed and didn't notice anything different. I was reading that the update brought video streaming to the Electric models. I guess we weren't as lucky. Haha
The following users liked this post:
Splaktar (05-09-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 09:53 PM

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
2024 AMG GLE 53
Just basic defect maintenance.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2020 GLE 350 4Matic, 2106 E350
I have a question. Just how often do we get OTA updates on our GLE's?
Old 05-02-2024, 06:44 PM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2024 GLE 450​
I had my 2024 GLE since end of December and no OTA updates yet...
Old 05-04-2024, 10:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2024 GLC-300 & 2022 GLE-350
Originally Posted by FireRx Captain
I have a question. Just how often do we get OTA updates on our GLE's?
Unless they were done at the dealer during check-ups, or occurred totally in the background, there have been NO software updates on our 2022 GLE350...UNTIL TODAY (May 4, 2024).

There is one downloading right now. No animation, except a little white bar that filled in from left to right, and a big arrow on the screen pointing downward. The "You must Read These Terms and Conditions before you can tap ""ACCEPT"", said there would not be much communication on the screen. They were right! It's been about 15 minutes since the process started. I'm about to go back into the garage to look at the screen to see if whatever its doing behind the scenes, has completed. There were no instructions saying if we should turn the car totally off, or leave it running, or something in between. So I turned it off cold. Only the screen with the big white arrow stayed illuminated.

Twenty Minutes after Starting the Download, it has finished. "Your Multi-media update has completed successfully" appeared when the car was started. Two things noticed is that the two displays are brighter, and when manipulating the menus using the square navigation (whatever it's called), there is tactile feedback while scrolling up/down/right/left, and pressing down to "Select" what you want. Like a cellphone does if tactile feedback is turned on. The little vibration is a nice confirmation that your actions are moving the cursor, without having to stare at it.

Splaktar (05-09-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 11:21 AM

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
2024 GLE 450, 2015 X5 35d, 2009 SLK 300
According to the Mercedes app, my 2024 GLE 450 performed the update. There is also a Nav update that I manually installed using the Mercedes download manager and a USB drive.
Old 05-06-2024, 02:27 AM

GLE
Originally Posted by AllenChicago
Unless they were done at the dealer during check-ups, or occurred totally in the background, there have been NO software updates on our 2022 GLE350...UNTIL TODAY (May 4, 2024).

There is one downloading right now. No animation, except a little white bar that filled in from left to right, and a big arrow on the screen pointing downward. The "You must Read These Terms and Conditions before you can tap ""ACCEPT"", said there would not be much communication on the screen. They were right! It's been about 15 minutes since the process started. I'm about to go back into the garage to look at the screen to see if whatever its doing behind the scenes, has completed. There were no instructions saying if we should turn the car totally off, or leave it running, or something in between. So I turned it off cold. Only the screen with the big white arrow stayed illuminated.

Twenty Minutes after Starting the Download, it has finished. "Your Multi-media update has completed successfully" appeared when the car was started. Two things noticed is that the two displays are brighter, and when manipulating the menus using the square navigation (whatever it's called), there is tactile feedback while scrolling up/down/right/left, and pressing down to "Select" what you want. Like a cellphone does if tactile feedback is turned on. The little vibration is a nice confirmation that your actions are moving the cursor, without having to stare at it.
It hasn't installed on my 2022 GLE yet, though it says it's waiting to download. I had tactile feedback before though, so maybe it's modified but it's not a new function. Maybe you had it turned off and the update reset the settings.
Splaktar (05-09-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 03:26 AM

2024 GLE 450​
I just received notice to update. However before I update, does anyone know if it clears out the intelligent light system multi beam led coding? If not then I'll update asap, otherwise I'll just wait till the next big update, dealers visit, or whenever more convenient someday.
Old 05-06-2024, 04:20 AM

GLE
Originally Posted by EndenDragon
I just received notice to update. However before I update, does anyone know if it clears out the intelligent light system multi beam led coding? If not then I'll update asap, otherwise I'll just wait till the next big update, dealers visit, or whenever more convenient someday.
You'd better make sure. While I was updating today, for a moment the traffic sign assist was inoperative (gave a warning). So it's definitely not just the infotainment that's getting updated.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 560 Likes on 415 Posts
MB
These updates will not clear it out. It might remove the ability to turn it off from the menu if that currently exists. Also all the reputable programmers on MBWorld guarantee their work if it gets wiped by the dealer for a certain period or longer. I've had plenty of updates and my ILS+ never got wiped.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2024 GLC-300 & 2022 GLE-350
Originally Posted by mykel79
It hasn't installed on my 2022 GLE yet, though it says it's waiting to download. I had tactile feedback before though, so maybe it's modified but it's not a new function. Maybe you had it turned off and the update reset the settings.
You're probably right about the tactile feedback. It's my wife's car. Anytime her car or computer or smartphone has a message pop-up about an UPDATE of some kind, she turns it over to me for resolving. While trying to get the screen to stop lagging after the update was completed, I noticed the tactile feedback/vibration while using that center-mounted control device. Thankfully, after a few minutes the navigation through the menus returned to being buttery smooth, like they have been since 2023.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:44 AM

2024 GLE 450​
Originally Posted by wildta
These updates will not clear it out. It might remove the ability to turn it off from the menu if that currently exists. Also all the reputable programmers on MBWorld guarantee their work if it gets wiped by the dealer for a certain period or longer. I've had plenty of updates and my ILS+ never got wiped.
Acquiring a windows laptop (from my family member) and scheduling a time block with overseas is a tad bit difficult for me. So I try to avoid doing so until absolutely necessary.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:19 AM

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
2024 GLE 580
How do you find out which version of MBUX is running?
Old 05-08-2024, 07:38 PM

2024 GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mykel79
You'd better make sure. While I was updating today, for a moment the traffic sign assist was inoperative (gave a warning). So it's definitely not just the infotainment that's getting updated.
Originally Posted by wildta
I can confirm that the coding that RJ did, was still enabled after the OTA update on my 2024 GLE. Although I never had the option to turn it on and off through the MBUX. RJ said with MBUX Facelifted, that you no longer get a menu item to enable/disable the ILS+, It's always on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-08-2024, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 560 Likes on 415 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by graffixnyc
I can confirm that the coding that RJ did, was still enabled after the OTA update on my 2024 GLE. Although I never had the option to turn it on and off through the MBUX. RJ said with MBUX Facelifted, that you no longer get a menu item to enable/disable the ILS+, It's always on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Some programming items do get wiped though, like saving auto start stop, AMG screens, AMG Telemetry Display, Energizing Comfort. Whereas disabling Seat belt warning and ILS+ do not. I've been meaning to get some of my items reprogrammed by RJ but I didn't want to waste his time until I got this new 48v recall fixed just in case the work somehow wipes his work again.