Notices
GLE Class (W166) 2016 - 2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Searching for a GLE 300d

 
Old 08-10-2016, 03:53 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2015 Subaru Outback
Searching for a GLE 300d

Anybody know of a good way to search inventories quickly? I'm looking for a GLE 300d (2016). Specifically want espresso brown MB Tex or Saddle Leather interior, heated steering wheel, running boards, harmon kardon stereo, panoramic roof and premium package.

My local dealer was trading for one and by the time the credit app was done, they called to secure the car and it was gone. It seems a lot of dealers don't want to trade these cars right now since there is no 2017 diesel as of yet. It also seems that dealers only work with certain dealers for trade, so it's kind of limiting. At this point we're willing to work with someone over the phone and go to pick it up if the deal is right. Any suggestions?
Fotomatt1 is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 07:55 PM
  #2  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
They don't say how but in this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...-gle-300d.html it seems that they were able to search all of the GLE300d's. I would try to PM them to see how they did it.
skw is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2015 Subaru Outback
Originally Posted by skw View Post
They don't say how but in this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...-gle-300d.html it seems that they were able to search all of the GLE300d's. I would try to PM them to see how they did it.
Thanks...but the link you included was a link to this thread Do you have the link to the one you meant to send? Greatly appreciated!
Fotomatt1 is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 25
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 AMG GLE 43 Coupe
Fotomatt1,
Not sure where you live. But the best way to check is through MBUSA website and entering the zip code and narrowing it down. There is no science to it but it is more trial and error. At least, that is what I did when I was looking for my GLE coupe.

When you see "Available Now" in the search results, that is exactly where the vehicle is located.

For example, I live in ATL, GA and I was looking for a GLE 450 coupe (Black on Black). If I put my local dealer zip code in, the search results will yield a 'Available upon request'. This means that the vehicle is located within a 500 mile radius. You then start narrowing it down by state. FYI, I found what I wanted, one in SC and the other in TN. I was able to contact both dealers and confirm availability.

Maybe you know all this but I thought I would share my experience.
greygoos2004 is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 09:27 PM
  #5  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Fotomatt1 View Post
Thanks...but the link you included was a link to this thread Do you have the link to the one you meant to send? Greatly appreciated!
That I did, oops! here you go: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...questions.html
skw is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 10:44 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2015 Subaru Outback
Found one up in Massachusetts and our local dealer locked it down for us and it will be here Friday. Had to compromise on color a bit, but it has all the options we wanted, so we had to deal with it. Would have waited for a 2017 to order exactly what we wanted, but it really doesn't look like a 2017 diesel is happening. Thanks VW!
Fotomatt1 is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 11:14 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 375
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by Fotomatt1 View Post
Found one up in Massachusetts and our local dealer locked it down for us and it will be here Friday. Had to compromise on color a bit, but it has all the options we wanted, so we had to deal with it. Would have waited for a 2017 to order exactly what we wanted, but it really doesn't look like a 2017 diesel is happening. Thanks VW!
So, what kind of deal are you getting? My car was a demo and was sold for $51,500 from MSRP $59,910.
Alex Bel is offline  
Old 08-10-2016, 11:18 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,945
Likes: 0
Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
In your (2) choices of interior - with There is exactly ONE - Lynfield MA MSRP $62.6K and you will need to "add" running boards, write ups on the aftermarket running boards are OK, and NO it doesn't take 6 shop hrs to install... 45 min ea side

If you really/really want it - google them up and CALL them in the morning.. the other TWO - Brooklyn NY MSRP $64.5K and Virginia Beach VA MSRP $68.2K both show customer interest on each - but heck you could call them too if you want...

Keep the beat !

Tick, tock, tick tock... clok is running out..
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:55 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2015 Subaru Outback
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
In your (2) choices of interior - with There is exactly ONE - Lynfield MA MSRP $62.6K and you will need to "add" running boards, write ups on the aftermarket running boards are OK, and NO it doesn't take 6 shop hrs to install... 45 min ea side

If you really/really want it - google them up and CALL them in the morning.. the other TWO - Brooklyn NY MSRP $64.5K and Virginia Beach VA MSRP $68.2K both show customer interest on each - but heck you could call them too if you want...

Keep the beat !

Tick, tock, tick tock... clok is running out..
What do you mean that both show customer interest on each? Don't understand.
Fotomatt1 is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:59 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Easton, PA
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 MB GLE 300d / 2015 Subaru Outback
Originally Posted by Alex Bel View Post
So, what kind of deal are you getting? My car was a demo and was sold for $51,500 from MSRP $59,910.
Not sure of the final numbers yet because our pricing was based on a different car that wasn't available. I'm not concerned, as the dealer will be working with us to make sure the price is where we want it based on the confusion over the car that didn't exist. Also, the car they're obtaining from Mass. only has 11 miles on it...not a demo.
Fotomatt1 is offline  
Old 08-11-2016, 02:13 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,945
Likes: 0
Received 580 Likes on 450 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
It's up to you to make the calls to the dealerships that might have the MB you want...
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 08-13-2016, 06:33 AM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hewlett, New York
Posts: 136
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
I love my GLEd. It is worth the trouble to find one. Just clocked 39.7 mpg on my last trip with ac on full blast. You won't be disappointed.
William Kayen is offline  
Old 08-19-2016, 01:10 AM
  #13  
skw
Super Member
 
skw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boston area
Posts: 571
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by William Kayen View Post
I love my GLEd. It is worth the trouble to find one. Just clocked 39.7 mpg on my last trip with ac on full blast. You won't be disappointed.
That's the part I miss about my diesel. Did just under 600 miles round trip last weekend from Mass to PA and back and got 19.3mpg. In my old ML350 BTC, I averaged 26 in the city and 30-32 on the highway depending on my speed.
skw is offline  
Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 AM
  #14  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 504
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silver 2010 E350, Black 335d
Originally Posted by Fotomatt1 View Post
Not sure of the final numbers yet because our pricing was based on a different car that wasn't available. I'm not concerned, as the dealer will be working with us to make sure the price is where we want it based on the confusion over the car that didn't exist. Also, the car they're obtaining from Mass. only has 11 miles on it...not a demo.
Did you accept delivery on this SUV? If you did, do you mind sharing some details on the deal? We are debating a few different models and I am very curious about the discounts on the 16's. 300d and 350.

Also, which one did you get, I see 3 in the Boston area and 2 in Hartford CT. 14 total within 200 miles of Boston.

Thanks
ddeliber is offline  
Old 08-19-2016, 05:29 PM
  #15  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 82
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4Matic
Yeah, this was my thread I started. I was looking for 2016 300ds and cars.com ended up being a really good way to see what was nationwide without having to go to a dealer to get them to help you out. YMMV.

I still haven't heard anything about 2017 300ds. Don't think they are going to exist for a long long time.

Originally Posted by skw View Post
They don't say how but in this thread https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...-gle-300d.html it seems that they were able to search all of the GLE300d's. I would try to PM them to see how they did it.
janky is offline  
Old 09-23-2016, 06:51 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston Area
Posts: 504
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silver 2010 E350, Black 335d
Originally Posted by Fotomatt1 View Post
Not sure of the final numbers yet because our pricing was based on a different car that wasn't available. I'm not concerned, as the dealer will be working with us to make sure the price is where we want it based on the confusion over the car that didn't exist. Also, the car they're obtaining from Mass. only has 11 miles on it...not a demo.
So what ever happened with this? Did you end up getting the one from MA or did you go somewhere else? I am also very curious to hear any details that you are willing to share.
ddeliber is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Searching for a GLE 300d


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: