GLE Class (W166) Produced 2015-2019

Dealing with MBUSA finance group

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Past: 2017 GLE350; Present: 2024 GLE450
Dealing with MBUSA finance group

Trying to trade-in a 2016 pre-owned GLE to a 2017 new GLE. Bought a 3-year pre-paid maintenance package with the 2016 that have not been used. Thought I could transfer it but given the run around from the first dealership that I bought the 2016, and the second dealership I'm trying to buy the 2017. Called MBUSA Finance to try and mediate between the two dealerships.... still waiting for resolution. Anyone ran into similar situation of trying to transfer pre-paid maintenance?
Old 12-29-2016, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Pre-paid maintenance is not refundable and not transferable... 85%+ of what you paid went upstream to MBUSA at the time you purchased it...
The following users liked this post:
Grizz3500 (02-07-2017)
Old 12-30-2016, 05:30 PM

"The refund would come from the warranty department of MB finance over to us and we would cut you the check. The system just needs to see that the two Vin numbers were connected."

This is the response from the first dealership. In order to get a refund on the previous ppm I have to buy ppm for the new GLE. The refund would be pro-rated similar to extended warranty refunds. I'll work through this process and see what happens... will update when I get the check.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Very very interested in your results.

My factory order should be in the end of February and the last pre-paid service will not be done. So I will have about $609 possible credit. Was thinking of trying to negotiate a dealer credit against the new lease. Im taking advantage of MB finance 5 (3 for the GLC) month deal. Your experience will be very helpful to me and I would think a few others !!!
Old 12-30-2016, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Well... let me help clarify - a full/unused PPM service - "possible" MBUSA refund if traded for another Mercedes and you purchase "fresh" PPM service for same period/longer.. dealer can process that refund with MB - MB pays dealer - dealer pays you - "normally"- approx 6 weeks to get a check.

However, pro-rated/partially "used" PPM cannot be refundable under ANY circumstance.

Let's use a 3yr/30K PPM pack as a example - this has to do with MBUSA refund amounts - and has nothing to do with dealer "accommadation" or "negotiation:

1) Customer buys a 3yr/30K PPM pack - and trades vehicle before using Service #1 - Customer buys 3yr/30K pack for this 2nd/"new" Mercedes - dealer can process full refund 1st 30K pack with M<BUSA.

2) Same customer - in this case he uses Service #1 and trades after with #2/#3 left - NO PRO RATED MB REFUND POSSIBLE
Old 12-30-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Well... let me help clarify - a full/unused PPM service - "possible" MBUSA refund if traded for another Mercedes and you purchase "fresh" PPM service for same period/longer.. dealer can process that refund with MB - MB pays dealer - dealer pays you - "normally"- approx 6 weeks to get a check.

However, pro-rated/partially "used" PPM cannot be refundable under ANY circumstance.

Let's use a 3yr/30K PPM pack as a example - this has to do with MBUSA refund amounts - and has nothing to do with dealer "accommadation" or "negotiation:

1) Customer buys a 3yr/30K PPM pack - and trades vehicle before using Service #1 - Customer buys 3yr/30K pack for this 2nd/"new" Mercedes - dealer can process full refund 1st 30K pack with M<BUSA.

2) Same customer - in this case he uses Service #1 and trades after with #2/#3 left - NO PRO RATED MB REFUND POSSIBLE
fabbrisd, your two posts seem contradicting first you said ppm are non-refundable and then you said there are 'possible' exceptions. You seem to know the process pretty well. Anything else you would like to share or withhold?
Old 12-31-2016, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
The case where someone is trading in with a full/unused prepaid maintenance PPM pack - and purchasing new/next MB with that same pack or more (must meet both conditions) that circumstance is so rare/rare - "most" dealers would not know that MBUSA exception - much less would "most" dealers even know to properly special process that with MBUSA.

Those are the specific reasons for my original the statement "non-refundable" - also in light of those who would read this thread that are considering purchasing a PPM pack - don't want to unintentionally mislead those people.

Often in Finance land - extended is discussed 1st - where unused warranty IS refundable - and PPM discussion follows where PPM is by-large NOT refundable - often buyers will easily lose track of that changeup between the two different programs.

Used/partial PPM packs are never refundable from MBUSA - ever.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
The case where someone is trading in with a full/unused prepaid maintenance PPM pack - and purchasing new/next MB with that same pack or more (must meet both conditions) that circumstance is so rare/rare - "most" dealers would not know that MBUSA exception - much less would "most" dealers even know to properly special process that with MBUSA.

Those are the specific reasons for my original the statement "non-refundable" - also in light of those who would read this thread that are considering purchasing a PPM pack - don't want to unintentionally mislead those people.

Often in Finance land - extended is discussed 1st - where unused warranty IS refundable - and PPM discussion follows where PPM is by-large NOT refundable - often buyers will easily lose track of that changeup between the two different programs.

Used/partial PPM packs are never refundable from MBUSA - ever.
thanks much for the clarification

Ended up buying the ppm (1400 for 4 years) from the second dealership who took my trade-in. Been told it'll be several weeks before I get the refund for the trade-in ppm.... keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 AM

just wanted to update everyone that i did receive the refund check this past week...concern closed.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic
$1400 for 4 years PPM seems like a good price. It was better than what I was quoted and declined from the dealer. They have recently sent me mailers about purchasing it from them since I am still eligible.