Sponsored By:

MB app

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
MB app

anyone having issues with the MB app. a few weeks ago it dropped the icon of my GLE (now shows a blacked out sedan) and the color under the vehicle info is incorrect. called support and they said no other people reporting issues. recent app update didn't do anything. other features seem to still be working, but they run so much thru the internet that i'm just concerned about the change without a reason. thx, ron
Old 01-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by rcsjr
anyone having issues with the MB app. a few weeks ago it dropped the icon of my GLE (now shows a blacked out sedan) and the color under the vehicle info is incorrect. called support and they said no other people reporting issues. recent app update didn't do anything. other features seem to still be working, but they run so much thru the internet that i'm just concerned about the change without a reason. thx, ron
You using iOS or Android? I keep a copy of the latest version that works consistently. If my phone updates to an unreliable version, I can always go back to the previous one. I've found that after a new update, it's best to do a "clean" install. Uninstall the app. Reboot your phone. Then, reinstall the app. See if that works.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned

android, but same thing showing up on the website portal. ron
Old 01-07-2018, 02:54 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
android, but same thing showing up on the website portal. ron
OK, that helps a lot. If the website and app are acting up, it's a server issue and the problem is location specific. Just checked my app and the website. Both working perfectly. Just FYI, the latest app is version 2.0.1.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Mine works, but it is s.............................l................... .............o.................................... ....w!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just gave up on it.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:57 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
I think they're having server problems. This morning mine took about a minute to log in. Once logged in, everything was instant. But this is NOT normal. Usually, it logs in instantly.....at least for me anyway.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How well does it work for you when you try to send a message to start the car? Or unlock/lock the doors?
A good example of mine is while we were in Disney recently. I would start trying to get signed in and start the car to let it cool once we got off the monorail while walking to the car. I'll say about 50% of the time it would not even get signed in and/or send the message to start. The other times it would send a message and start for about 1-2 minutes before I got there. And as anyone knows, getting to your car from the monorail is still a long way away.
Another good example. I havent used my car this morning and I just tried the app beside me while I type and sip coffee (don't judge, I'm retired). The screen on my iPhone7s just timed out (1 minute) before it got to the sign in screen. Then it took about another 20-25 seconds to get to the screen after I woke the screen up.
Is this normal for others?
Old 01-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Banned

well, icon's back with correct vehicle and color. the profile still has the wrong color listed. Hyacinth red instead of cardinal red (do GLE's even come in Hyacinth? ).

the remote start has always worked very slowly (almost zero when first new). i would prefer the fob option. ron
Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
well, icon's back with correct vehicle and color. the profile still has the wrong color listed. Hyacinth red instead of cardinal red (do GLE's even come in Hyacinth? ). The remote start has always worked very slowly (almost zero when first new). i would prefer the fob option. ron
I would also prefer the fob option. I had that with my last car and it was FREE. After the five year complimentary mbrace membership, do they really expect people to pay for this poor performance? The app has a pathetic 2.1 out of 5 stars rating. Personally, everything works for me, but that still doesn't excuse the poor reliability across of the board. Even when everything works, the app is lacking features such as fuel level, tire pressure and climate control. These are features the competitors offer. Not to mention this ridiculously idiotic remote start that turns the engine off as soon as you open the door. Who ever came up with that idea should be publicly flogged!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ler.mm.android
Old 01-08-2018, 02:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic
I typically have only use the app when I want to send an address to the Command unit for navigation. I have played with the remote start a time or two and like others, the experience wasn't super easy or exciting. I dont see myself paying to use it when the free time runs out on it.
Hell, my in-laws have a Buick and they just press a button for the remote start and all the settings inside the car turn on the way they were when the car turned off. So in the winter, their heated seats start, the heated steering wheel starts, the window defrosters start and the air system turns on to all the settings they had on when the car last turned off.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
Not to mention this ridiculously idiotic remote start that turns the engine off as soon as you open the door. Who ever came up with that idea should be publicly flogged!
REPEATEDLY! While naked! On Main Street! In 5 o'clock traffic! In front of their ex girlfriends (or boyfriends)!
Old 01-08-2018, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tbone8771
a Buick and they just press a button for the remote start and all the settings inside the car turn on the way they were when the car turned off. So in the winter, their heated seats start, the heated steering wheel starts, the window defrosters start and the air system turns on to all the settings they had on when the car last turned off.
my wife's '08 Acadia turned everything on based on outside temp! not even last setting. and it had a touch screen Nav/radio. i absolutely hate the controller knob and finger pad.

i will give on the engine stopping when the doors are opened. my subarus do the same. safety issue since the car won't need a key to drive away. ron
Old 01-08-2018, 04:57 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
my wife's '08 Acadia turned everything on based on outside temp! not even last setting. and it had a touch screen Nav/radio. i absolutely hate the controller knob and finger pad.
That's the one thing I love. I can whiz through the menus at lightning speed. I hate touch screens. Tired of constantly cleaning disgusting, greasy fingerprints from them.

I will give on the engine stopping when the doors are opened. my subarus do the same. safety issue since the car won't need a key to drive away. ron
Most cars that DON'T shut off when you open the doors, lock the ignition unless the remote is present. With the remote present, you simply push the start/stop button while depressing the brake pedal and the entire system unlocks. I'm not going to remote start unless my car is within view anyway, so I'm not worried about theft.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE350
I have the same USB ports on my 16 GLE yet when i connect my iphone nothing happens on the screen. I tried everything and it does not show up. What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-04-2019, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CENTRALFL
I have the same USB ports on my 16 GLE yet when i connect my iphone nothing happens on the screen. I tried everything and it does not show up. What am I doing wrong?
It all depends on when your ‘16 was produced. Anything before about Feb 2016 will not have CarPlay.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:20 AM

GLE350
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
It all depends on when your ‘16 was produced. Anything before about Feb 2016 will not have CarPlay.
Mine was produced in Jan 2016.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CENTRALFL
Mine was produced in Jan 2016.
Then it’s probably not going to have it installed from the factory. For example mine has CarPlay but not android auto because of its build date (I remember reading that a few people were within just a few days of the cut off date and their car either had it or didn’t). I believe there are some ways to update the system with directions here within the forum to get it done. I never kept up with those threads because I just switched phones to an iPhone and now use it.
Good luck.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:58 AM

GLE350
Thanks for the reply. Are those update free of charge or do I have to get a third-party gadget to make my apple phone work with the car?
Old 12-05-2019, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Try here. I think there are other threads too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...th-2016-a.html