GLE Class (W166) 2016 - 2019
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Remote start by Mercedes me app

Old 01-21-2018, 07:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gle 350 2016
Remote start by Mercedes me app

It only work 2 of 10. Rest of time it just says running security check. Car is park at open parking lot. It Wont even let you adjust temp inside of car. I assume they used verzion network?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:33 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by softfree View Post
It only work 2 of 10. Rest of time it just says running security check. Car is park at open parking lot. It Wont even let you adjust temp inside of car. I assume they used verzion network?
It didn't work for me when gas was low and it said so in the app. Is it possible you didn't notice the message?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:41 PM

gle 350 2016
Originally Posted by Strafzettel View Post
It didn't work for me when gas was low and it said so in the app. Is it possible you didn't notice the message?
gas is full it just stuck running security check. Just check on App Store only getting 2 stars.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:02 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

gas is full it just stuck running security check. Just check on App Store only getting 2 stars.
common problem and the sales people are told to ignore and get the sale. If you look thru all the forums Mercedes is the worst. And they ask you to pay for it on top of it. I went with Mid City Engineering and never looked back, works all the time and from anywhere you have a cellphone signal
Old 01-22-2018, 07:07 AM
skw

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
The part of the app that includes remote start is free (5yrs?). I have had to uninstall and then reinstall the app a few times. My issue is that it would not let me log in. You do have to have more than 5 gallons in the tank, as well as windows and sunroof closed.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by skw View Post
The part of the app that includes remote start is free (5yrs?). I have had to uninstall and then reinstall the app a few times. My issue is that it would not let me log in. You do have to have more than 5 gallons in the tank, as well as windows and sunroof closed.
I know itís free but you did pay for it in your purchase price, donít kid yourself about that. Truth is all the MBrace service is crap! Mercedes should be better than this! Why must they put it on you to get working by reinstalling software and resetting your phone all the time. My remote works flawless and I appreciate that more then ever this winter. It even turns on the heated seats and rear defroster. I donít have to have windows rolled up, doors locked, or certain amount of gas in the car. I also have unlocked and started the car from over 1200 miles away just to see if it worked and it did, on the first try. I have never once called support either.

Last edited by Rainers; 01-22-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:10 AM
skw

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 GLS450
Originally Posted by Rainers View Post

I know itís free but you did pay for it in your purchase price, donít kid yourself about that. Truth is all the MBrace service is crap! Mercedes should be better than this! Why must they put it on you to get working by reinstalling software and resetting your phone all the time. My remote works flawless and I appreciate that more then ever this winter. It even turns on the heated seats and rear defroster. I donít have to have windows rolled up, doors locked, or certain amount of gas in the car. I also have unlocked and started the car from over 1200 miles away just to see if it worked and it did, on the first try. I have never once called support either.
Oh no doubt, nothing is actually "free". Reminds me of BMW's free maintenance but you know it's baked into the price. Or the new Rav4 I just got for my in-laws that now has Toyota's Safety Sense standard, but the msrp went up by $2k on this '17 XLE vs the '15 XLE we just turned in. But alas, I digress. The implementation of the MBrace/MercedesMe app certainly needs work. MB says it's Verizon, Verizon says it's MB.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:22 PM

gle 350 2016
Originally Posted by skw View Post
Oh no doubt, nothing is actually "free". Reminds me of BMW's free maintenance but you know it's baked into the price. Or the new Rav4 I just got for my in-laws that now has Toyota's Safety Sense standard, but the msrp went up by $2k on this '17 XLE vs the '15 XLE we just turned in. But alas, I digress. The implementation of the MBrace/MercedesMe app certainly needs work. MB says it's Verizon, Verizon says it's MB.
anyone used inside of command Mercedes Benz apps like weather, Yelp, gas search etc..... it takes 10-15 sec get a data connection (verzion 3g slow network no lte ?)and app is very slow too.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:36 PM

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Anyone used inside of command Mercedes Benz apps like weather, Yelp, gas search etc..... it takes 10-15 sec get a data connection (verzion 3g slow network no lte ?)and app is very slow too.
So slow, it's absolutely useless. I'd rather use my phone's 4g.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic

common problem and the sales people are told to ignore and get the sale. If you look thru all the forums Mercedes is the worst. And they ask you to pay for it on top of it. I went with Mid City Engineering and never looked back, works all the time and from anywhere you have a cellphone signal
Can you tell me more about Mid City Engineering, the products you have purchased from them and what your experience has been using their products ?
Old 01-24-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tbone8771 View Post
Can you tell me more about Mid City Engineering, the products you have purchased from them and what your experience has been using their products ?
I think they are great people! Their products are spot on. I have 2 of there remotes, I have one in My 2008 E Class that has given my no problems for the last 10 years. it works all the time by using the keyfob. The 2nd one is on my 2014 ML, it was a bit more to install because of the newer DAS4 ignition but works every time either by keyfob or cellular. During the first year I had questions about setting up different options like run time, when to turn on heated seats, lights flashing, etc., all these can be configured using the steering wheel buttons. I called on a Friday evening and they were closed but still took my call and walk me thru the process. Then did a follow up on Saturday while they were still closed. They are truly great at after sale support!!! Just give them a call and ask about their products, youíll see how wonderfully nice they are.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM

I think they are great people! Their products are spot on. I have 2 of there remotes, I have one in My 2008 E Class that has given my no problems for the last 10 years. it works all the time by using the keyfob. The 2nd one is on my 2014 ML, it was a bit more to install because of the newer DAS4 ignition but works every time either by keyfob or cellular. During the first year I had questions about setting up different options like run time, when to turn on heated seats, lights flashing, etc., all these can be configured using the steering wheel buttons. I called on a Friday evening and they were closed but still took my call and walk me thru the process. Then did a follow up on Saturday while they were still closed. They are truly great at after sale support!!! Just give them a call and ask about their products, youíll see how wonderfully nice they are.
One more thing. I am replacing the EClass this year and I am not going to fuss with the MBrace remote start, it does not work most of the time. I am going straight to Mid City for a remote starter, once and done and no worries about performance from them.

Donít worry about warranty issues at Mercedes-Benz, this starter setup does not void the warranty. My dealer likes Mid City also.