GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Do I Have An AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 10:35 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 E-Class Coupe (C238)
Question Do I Have An AMG?

Hi everyone...new member and new Mercedes owner here. I'd like to ask a few dumb questions, so I apologize in advance if I sound stupid.

First, I just purchased a 2019 AMG GLE43 Coupe. I don't see a signature plate on the engine and with regard to the engines, the sales brochure says "...AMG V6 Biturbo or handcrafted AMG V8 Biturbo power." Obviously there is some sort of difference. Can anyone explain?

Also, if I'm reading right, this car has an Airmatic Suspension. Is this the same suspension that has been problematic in cars like the SL550 and so on? And if so, what can I do to avoid problems?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 168 Posts
16 E550 Cab, 2003 Ram bright red crewcab 4x4 we call Clifford :)
In short yes. But your V6 is not specific to the AMG line it comes in other models(albeit different tunes) and is not hand built... so no hand built plague

Old 01-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00
In short yes. But your V6 is not specific to the AMG line it comes in other models(albeit different tunes) and is not hand built... so no hand built plague
Thanks! I feel just a liiiiitle bit inferior now (not really LOL). I'm going to guess that the tuning is what they mean when they say "AMG enhanced V6"
Old 01-06-2020, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Believe me V8 bi-turbo is more power than ya need... not necessarily more than ya want of course I traded a 2016 gle63s coupe in for my current standard suv, coupe was nice but not practical for me, i use all of the SUVness if you will, tow a boat, grocery shopping, trips etc... are you near sarasota fl ? I still have the rear weathertech mat, didn't fit in my standard suv... it's yours for the taking...
Old 01-07-2020, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00
Believe me V8 bi-turbo is more power than ya need... not necessarily more than ya want of course I traded a 2016 gle63s coupe in for my current standard suv, coupe was nice but not practical for me, i use all of the SUVness if you will, tow a boat, grocery shopping, trips etc... are you near sarasota fl ? I still have the rear weathertech mat, didn't fit in my standard suv... it's yours for the taking...
I've had more than my share of fast vehicles. I'm at a point where I want something practical, sporty and with enough power to get out of it's own way, and the GLE is plenty fast!

That is really very kind of you to offer the mat, and I could sure use it. But I'm in Fort Worth, Texas so a pick up isn't possible. But, I'd be more than happy to pay shipping if you want to send it? (at your convenience of course). Shoot me a PM if you'd like to do that.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If it doesn't go local I will consider ...

Mike
Old 01-08-2020, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 RWD SUV (Premium 1, Parking Assist Package, H-K, I regret not getting Premium 2!)
Talking

Originally Posted by Archangel60
Hi everyone...new member and new Mercedes owner here. I'd like to ask a few dumb questions, so I apologize in advance if I sound stupid.

First, I just purchased a 2019 AMG GLE43 Coupe. I don't see a signature plate on the engine and with regard to the engines, the sales brochure says "...AMG V6 Biturbo or handcrafted AMG V8 Biturbo power." Obviously there is some sort of difference. Can anyone explain?

Also, if I'm reading right, this car has an Airmatic Suspension. Is this the same suspension that has been problematic in cars like the SL550 and so on? And if so, what can I do to avoid problems?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Hey there! Congratulations on buying your new GLE coupe! I hope you love it. Let us know what you think

The GLE43 is not a full handbuilt engine that is developed/built by AMG. It is enhanced with a few upgraded parts. In normal GLE SUVs, the GLE 350 engine is available, which is a naturally-aspirated 3.5 liter V6. The engine in your car the AMG-enhanced 3.0L V6 biturbo.

This car can be referred to as an AMG sport model, or you can call it AMG enhanced. The 5.5 liter HANDCRAFTED V8 in the 63 and 63s models is a full AMG built and designed engine that is built with the "one man, one engine" philosophy.

Hope this helps!

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2020, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by lakshkalra
Hey there! Congratulations on buying your new GLE coupe! I hope you love it. Let us know what you think
I'm very happy with it. Truth is, I didn't buy it because it was an AMG, I bought it because I liked it. I was just looking for some clarification. Mercedes sells it as an AMG, so that's good enough for me.