Canadian GLK Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Black Beauty in Vic

Hello All !!!

Was Wondering if any other GLK owners are in Victoria Bc !!!

If so Expect a friendly wave from me in the city
Old 07-01-2009, 04:50 PM

GLK350
Hi there Pitoux,

We're driving a white GLK around Victoria. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:24 PM

GLK350
Steel gray GLK in Vancouver here
Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 AM

GLK, CLK, CLS
Exclamation

Tenorite Grey GLK in the Lower Mainland (VAN, BC)!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 AM

C35 OMG
Toronto....still deciding between GLK and E90 328xi....really depends on which one I can get a better deal from.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:49 AM

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
damn!!! it's amazing the amount of canadian glk owners. everyday there is a new glk owner up there??? probably 95% of the members are in canada!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:48 AM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
Toronto here, well a little further north (Vaughan)...just ordered my calcite white GLK on July 2nd..expecting delivery sometime in September (I hope!)...

Last edited by zelko; 07-04-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 AM

C35 OMG
Originally Posted by zelko
Toronto here, well a little further north (Vaughan)...just ordered my calcite white GLK on July 2nd..expecting delivery sometime in Septemner (I hope!)...
2 months for the car to get here? Sigh...why can't the dealers just get some in stock....
Old 07-04-2009, 01:00 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by reyoasian
2 months for the car to get here? Sigh...why can't the dealers just get some in stock....
They are moving much quicker then compared with down south of the border, hence the less discounts we get compared to them. Plus it depends on your package, and what you like.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:32 PM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
Just picked up my car from Markham MB on June 30th, just in time to cash out on my MB Canada $600 discount they sent me through email back in April. Overall very satisfied with the car. I maxed out on options except Teleaid, rear-entertainment and tow option. The UMI is neat but I wonder if I will use it. I was told that I am one of the first to get Keyless Go. I also got the aluminum roof rail with my Sport Package of 20" wheels. The Perelli Scorpion all season is smoother than I expected, definitely better than the BMW X3 that I test drived a couple years back. I found that it is much more comfortable than the X3 and roomier. I do not find the steering to be an issue as some reports have indicated. Compare with my C350 4matic 2008, I find that the pickup is not as swift(may be because it is heavier) and it is nosier(less aerodynamic?). Braking seems to be less responsive than the C350(because it is new? because it is heavier?). All the above are subjective feelings, so don't challenge me on that. I like the NAV better than the older version that is in my C350. Now I have the choice of cutting out the radio/disc etc when the NAV wants to announce. The problem with not able to navigate by phone book address still persists. Still falling far behind Garmin in features and convenience of GPS use except for voice activation navigation. Funny, I ran the Garmin GPS and found the speed of the car by Garmin satellite is 4-5 km slower than what the speedometer of the car( the same observation with my C350) indicated. As yet, I have not run into any traffic situation that I can test out the "traffic info" feature which is new. Has anyone used the "traffic info" yet? The display compass/altitude/steering direction is kind of neat, but the novalty wears off quickly. The digital compass on the inside rearview mirror is handy when you suddenly lost track of direction (may be rare though). The factory tint of 20% penetration for rear windows and back is good, but may create a problem with trying to locate any address in a dark residential neighborhood, should you decide to tint your front windows the same grade(which technically is not legal - suppose to be 35% max). However, there is a definite advantage with a factory tint versus an aftermarket tint for the rear winshield because there is always headlight reflections on the heating elements of the defroster for the latter. Love the collapsable crate that comes with the car. Asked the dealer for a second one and have absolute fun grocery shopping today. Also if you shop at Costco! The retractable/removable trunk cover and safety net (apparently not standard in the US) are really handy if you occasionally take your pets for a ride(I have two Huskies). Got to buy a ramp for them though because the height is quite high. The rear hatch works beautifully(opens AND closes) by the button on the driver's door, by the red buttons on the lower edge of the hatch(which can also lock the whole car at the same time, ie, if you are tall enough to reach them), and by the remote key. I have 2 questions though:-
1. Is there a place I can get the front spoiler lip and the diffuser-look rear apron trim cheaper than the dealer?
2. I have read about winter tires and a second set of rims in this forum. I am looking ahead to the coming winter. Any suggestions. Like to get 19's.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:13 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by phs
1. Is there a place I can get the front spoiler lip and the diffuser-look rear apron trim cheaper than the dealer?
2. I have read about winter tires and a second set of rims in this forum. I am looking ahead to the coming winter. Any suggestions. Like to get 19's.
Congrats on the delivery, a nice initial review post.

2. I would recommend getting 17, or 18's at the most not the 19's. The narrowier the tire the better traction you will have in winter. My G coupe came with standard 19's and I have 18's for winters.

Currently I am debating at the moment to go with 17's or 18's. I am thinking of 18's for the better performance, and handling, since in the GTA we don't get a ton of snow. Well we do, but I just dont want to lose handling, and performance.

Can you post some pics of the Keyless GO, and the chrome strip. I finally got my VIN, which site did you use for tracking. How long did it take you to get delivery once you can the VIN?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM
phs

Originally Posted by Baby G
Congrats on the delivery, a nice initial review post.

2. I would recommend getting 17, or 18's at the most not the 19's. The narrowier the tire the better traction you will have in winter. My G coupe came with standard 19's and I have 18's for winters.

Currently I am debating at the moment to go with 17's or 18's. I am thinking of 18's for the better performance, and handling, since in the GTA we don't get a ton of snow. Well we do, but I just dont want to lose handling, and performance.

Can you post some pics of the Keyless GO, and the chrome strip. I finally got my VIN, which site did you use for tracking. How long did it take you to get delivery once you can the VIN?

Thanks
I think I would go for 18". I am concern about lateral stability for 17". The car is quite high and thus the CG too. I lean towards 18". I had bad experience with hitting snow banks and curbs with my rims in the winter, that's why 19" may not be a good idea.

It was last year in October when I expressed my interest in the car but I was interested only in Keyless Go and Burlwood trim which were not available then. The sales asked me to pay a deposit in February and he called me sometime in May and told me that he could order the Keyless Go and asked whether I want my Sport Package with or without the chrome roof rail. I went with the chrome. He did mention then about ordering the car through the German site or something? I did not get the VIN until quite late and because I was busy with other things I did not track it down. I got the car delivered on June 30th. From final confirmation of the order to picking up the car may be about six weeks? Let me know if you have any other questions. Here are some pictures.

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0258.jpg

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0260.jpg

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0259.jpg

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0266.jpg

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0265.jpg

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0264.jpg
Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by phs
I think I would go for 18". I am concern about lateral stability for 17". The car is quite high and thus the CG too. I lean towards 18". I had bad experience with hitting snow banks and curbs with my rims in the winter, that's why 19" may not be a good idea.

It was last year in October when I expressed my interest in the car but I was interested only in Keyless Go and Burlwood trim which were not available then. The sales asked me to pay a deposit in February and he called me sometime in May and told me that he could order the Keyless Go and asked whether I want my Sport Package with or without the chrome roof rail. I went with the chrome. He did mention then about ordering the car through the German site or something? I did not get the VIN until quite late and because I was busy with other things I did not track it down. I got the car delivered on June 30th. From final confirmation of the order to picking up the car may be about six weeks? Let me know if you have any other questions. Here are some pictures.

Attachment 160755

Attachment 160756

Attachment 160757

Attachment 160758

Attachment 160759

Attachment 160760
Thanks for the pics. what black is that??? Obsidian, looking at your car just make me picture mine, very similar options.

Congrats again...

Who is in for doing a GTA Meet??
Old 07-07-2009, 09:52 AM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
Im in for a GTA Meet...
Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM

GLK 350 4Matic
Thumbs up

Hi there all - I've just signed the deal on a Calcite white GLK 350 with all the options except for the Xenon headlights that I pick up on Friday . I certainly am glad I located this forum and the posts from you guys certainly made the decision much easier. So thank you all for sharing your information so freely.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:21 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by rdef1
Hi there all - I've just signed the deal on a Calcite white GLK 350 with all the options except for the Xenon headlights that I pick up on Friday . I certainly am glad I located this forum and the posts from you guys certainly made the decision much easier. So thank you all for sharing your information so freely.
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums? Didn't take xenons eh?? Must have a good reason... Post pics when you get delivery.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:38 PM

GLK 350
PHS --- Is that the Obsidian Black, or the flat black??
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM

GLK 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Baby G
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums? Didn't take xenons eh?? Must have a good reason... Post pics when you get delivery.
Well, some one else ordered this baby but changed their mind.. I wanted most of the packages but didn't want to wait till Sept/Oct - so I took it. Is it possible to retrofit the OEM Xenons?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:34 PM
phs

Obsidian. BTW, my car is off the road now for the whole front end to be "plasticized" and the front windows tinted 20%. Drive a lot of ETR, you see, stone chips and all! From Thornhill to Mississauga 4 days a week. I just ordered 2 sets of Hella tire monitor system from Tirerack. Had them installed in my C350 already and works well. I have the monitor installed in my ashtray location. Always give me a sense of assurance especially in our harsh winter when I really don't want to get out of my car to check whether the tires are properly inflated. Here are some pictures from my C350. It should look the same in the GLK by the time it is installed. I also have a night vision front camera installed in my C350. Would show some pictures some other time. I am enquiring whether my sales can get me a discount on the lip and apron kit.

Canadian GLK Owners-img_0280.jpg Canadian GLK Owners-img_0281.jpg Canadian GLK Owners-img_0283.jpg Canadian GLK Owners-img_0287.jpg
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by rdef1
Well, some one else ordered this baby but changed their mind.. I wanted most of the packages but didn't want to wait till Sept/Oct - so I took it. Is it possible to retrofit the OEM Xenons?
not sure of the oem, but others have installed a good aftermarket kit, I forgot the name. Do a search, I will try the find the post for you as well. Best of luck, and welcome again.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by phs
Obsidian. BTW, my car is off the road now for the whole front end to be "plasticized" and the front windows tinted 20%. Drive a lot of ETR, you see, stone chips and all! From Thornhill to Mississauga 4 days a week. I just ordered 2 sets of Hella tire monitor system from Tirerack. Had them installed in my C350 already and works well. I have the monitor installed in my ashtray location. Always give me a sense of assurance especially in our harsh winter when I really don't want to get out of my car to check whether the tires are properly inflated. Here are some pictures from my C350. It should look the same in the GLK by the time it is installed. I also have a night vision front camera installed in my C350. Would show some pictures some other time. I am enquiring whether my sales can get me a discount on the lip and apron kit.

Attachment 160877 Attachment 160876 Attachment 160878 Attachment 160879

Thats pretty nice, I like these. Night camera, would love to see the pictures, how much did it cost. Interested, and where did you get it installed from. Please some pics. Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what kind of fuel economy are you guys and gals seeing in the real world?

I know the official rating says one thing but given the highly tuned, free-revving nature of 350 engine, does fuel economy suffer a lot when you put the boot to it?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by reyoasian
Toronto....still deciding between GLK and E90 328xi....really depends on which one I can get a better deal from.
Greetings from the "Best Coast" (that'd be the West)
I've got both cars you're considering, (the GLK is still being built) and I just wanted to stress that they are completely different drives! Don't just base your decision on price, you may regret it.

For ppl in the lower mainland, I understand that discounted offers are still being rejected, that is unless you are an existing repeat customer.

BTW you can get a 335d for about the same as a 328xi now. Don't know if you're into diesels, but if you are, I'd definitely check it out.