GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Canadian GLK Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4Matic, Tenorite grey, Premium package, Bixenon package & Burl walnut wood trim
Originally Posted by jywu88
I finally got my VIN from my dealer and was told the status is 'on water'. However when I tried to track it, it says 'no record found'. I've been trying for the last three days but always got the same message. I don't know what's wrong with it. I ordered mine in mid-March. Is it possible it's already in Halifax or it's not on the ship yet?
Make sure you entered your VIN in the cargo ID field. I got the no record found message before when I first got my VIN, then I got the info after a week or two. My cargo record is still there when I entered my VIN.. discharged on March 18 at Halifax.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 PM

2010 GLK, Steel Grey, Premium Package
Originally Posted by footmark
Make sure you entered your VIN in the cargo ID field. I got the no record found message before when I first got my VIN, then I got the info after a week or two. My cargo record is still there when I entered my VIN.. discharged on March 18 at Halifax.
I am sure I input it in the cargo ID field. I guess I will have to wait then. When did you order yours?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
When the ship is in the mid-Atlantic, I find you do not get up to date tracking. I was able to track mine when it was close to Europe, but then once it started to head towards Halifax, I could not get a current position. Next thing I know it showed up a week later and said it was at Halifax. That may be the case, but it may really be it's at the yard waiting to get on the boat in the port of Bremen.

Your dealership can tell if the car is waiting at the yard to get on the boat, or if it is on the boat.

My timeline was basically this:
1.I ordered mine mid-Feb.
2.Was made March 23.
3.Was on the ship by March 27th.
4.Arrived in Halifax April 7th.
5.Arrived in train yard in Concord Ontario April 24th.
6.Is supposed to be ready at the dealership either April 30th or May 1st.

So in your case, I would just foward my dates one month as you ordered you car a month after I did. Based on that theory then your car is in the yard, about to get on the boat.

And your car should be here by June 1st. Assuming the delivery time is the same time basically.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 AM

2010 GLK350 4Matic, Tenorite grey, Premium package, Bixenon package & Burl walnut wood trim
I am sure I input it in the cargo ID field. I guess I will have to wait then. When did you order yours?
I ordered mine on the first week of Feb. It arrived at dealer on Apr 1 and ready for pickup on the 8th of April.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rorie
When the ship is in the mid-Atlantic, I find you do not get up to date tracking. I was able to track mine when it was close to Europe, but then once it started to head towards Halifax, I could not get a current position. Next thing I know it showed up a week later and said it was at Halifax. That may be the case, but it may really be it's at the yard waiting to get on the boat in the port of Bremen.

Your dealership can tell if the car is waiting at the yard to get on the boat, or if it is on the boat.

My timeline was basically this:
1.I ordered mine mid-Feb.
2.Was made March 23.
3.Was on the ship by March 27th.
4.Arrived in Halifax April 7th.
5.Arrived in train yard in Concord Ontario April 24th.
6.Is supposed to be ready at the dealership either April 30th or May 1st.

So in your case, I would just foward my dates one month as you ordered you car a month after I did. Based on that theory then your car is in the yard, about to get on the boat.

And your car should be here by June 1st. Assuming the delivery time is the same time basically.
Thanks for the details on your timeline. So I guess mine would still be at the port. Hope I will be able to track it next week.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:14 AM

GLK
been waiting for long time, hope will get my GLK soon. can't wait anymore.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 PM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
Originally Posted by SSFinest
Will do!!! Sometime this week is what I was told!! I cant wait!! hahahaha Its almost been 90 days.

FINALLY!!! I am picking up my GLK on Wednesday April 29th!!!

Once I pick it up though it goes straight to my buddy's shop for the 3M and tinting!! I will post pics of the before and after.

Wednesday I will be my GLK.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:44 PM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
Here's my GLK
Attached Thumbnails Canadian GLK Owners-img_0182.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 03:35 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by fishsriz
Here's my GLK
Congrats fish, looking good. Is that the Obsidian Black??? Black rails aren't look that bad eh? so initial reviews are???
Old 04-27-2009, 04:02 PM

Thanks G!

Its Tenorite Grey, Sports Pkg, H/K, and Navi.

Quick Review:
H/K was a great choice, sounds great even a full blast it sounds clear.
Ride is extremely smooth, I dont find the 20's as hard/ rough ride as some people were talking about. Maybe because I drove a lowered explorer on 22's and a slammed TL. I guess I'm used to a stiffer ride.

I've only stepped on it once, and she was quicker than I thought, but saying that its been a bit of a pig on gas.. but I'm sure that will get better over time. In a month I will put the K&N air filters in.. maybe that will help.

I got a stone chip on the windshield the very first day I got it.. I couldn't believe it.. better on the windshield than the hood I guess
I will get it filled when I get the tint done this week. I wish it came with a stock sunroof, didn't want to get the premium pkg just for the roof at the time.

Overall I have no complaints just got to watch how heavy I am with the right foot.. Tint and Xenons are the next 2 things to get done..
Old 04-27-2009, 04:59 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by fishsriz
Thanks G!

Its Tenorite Grey, Sports Pkg, H/K, and Navi.
Lol, I quickly had a peek at the pic at the office, just opened it again, and was like what was I thinking.. oh well. congrats on the purchase.. Can't wait for my delivery... If you get the same HID kit like Sean let me know, would like to meet up and see how it is...

Sorry to hear about the stone chip, I believe your the third person on the forums who got this. I might get the windshield insurance from MB, depends on price....
Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
Originally Posted by Baby G
I might get the windshield insurance from MB, depends on price....
Baby G make sure you talk them down on the price for the windshield coverage that MB offers. Out here on the west they selling it for $950 but got the paint protection and interior protection and windshield for $1300. Dont know if I got a deal but I hear on the east coast they are handing out deals like crazy. Good luck!!! I hear that some people are getting it for $399.

I get my GLK tomorrow!!

Last edited by SSFinest; 04-28-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by SSFinest
Baby G make sure you talk them down on the price for the windshield coverage that MB offers. Out here on the west they selling it for $950 but got the paint protection and interior protection and windshield for $1300. Dont know if I got a deal but I hear on the east coast they are handing out deals like crazy. Good luck!!! I hear that some people are getting it for $399.

I get my GLK tomorrow!!
Thanks, I'll do more neg. once I get closer to delivery. I am thinking of adding the tire and wheel protection and the windshield protection along with the first class lease.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 AM

GLK 350 NO LOGIC 7, NO KEYLESS GO
Just got my GLK yesterday, May 05. Ordered on Feb 29. I got both Aluminum Roof Rails and the power mirrors.

I drove 170km yesterday and liked it very much. The only problem I got is the command system. It does not understand my strong accent some times. I tried the individual learning thing, and failed after 10 minutes repeating with the computer. I guess I need to find somewhere to learn English from the very begining.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by aabc; 05-06-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:46 AM

GLK 350 4matic
aabc,

Nice pics, white look really good. Have you ordered in Canada? I ordered my on Feb 27, and was told alu roof rail was not available.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 AM

I ordered mine Feb 11th and was told no roof racks either.. lucky U
Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 AM

GLK 350 NO LOGIC 7, NO KEYLESS GO
Originally Posted by yualfred
aabc,

Nice pics, white look really good. Have you ordered in Canada? I ordered my on Feb 27, and was told alu roof rail was not available.
Yes, I ordered in Ottawa. My dealer told me I will get the alu roof and the power mirror from the very beginning.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the details on your timeline. So I guess mine would still be at the port. Hope I will be able to track it next week.
Finally I am able to track it! It's on ship towards Halifax, arriving on MAY 13th! A few more weeks' wait...
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 PM

GLK 350
I just don't get these MB dealers eh, how can people who have ordered in late Jan (myself), early Feb were told no Alu rails in GTA?? oh well..
Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM

GLK 350
Aabc, congrats on the delivery
Old 05-07-2009, 12:03 AM

GLK 350 4matic
^^Just found a document from dealer, under 'sport package' a comment: limited quantity for aluminum roof rail, order through regional office only.

I didn't read it in Feb, so I guess missed boat. Anyways, my car should be in a CN train now.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by yualfred
^^Just found a document from dealer, under 'sport package' a comment: limited quantity for aluminum roof rail, order through regional office only.

I didn't read it in Feb, so I guess missed boat. Anyways, my car should be in a CN train now.
Alfred can you send me that doc, since I can still see if I can get that added on to my build which will be in June.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:52 PM

GLK 350 4matic
Originally Posted by Baby G
Alfred can you send me that doc, since I can still see if I can get that added on to my build which will be in June.
will do
Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
No Aluminum Rail

Hey guys...here in the West I have been informed that if you don't want the aluminum rail, it would be about $300-$400 savings. However, if you add it later, it would cost about $500.
Does anyone have a pix without the aluminum rails and with to compare?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:22 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
Hey guys...here in the West I have been informed that if you don't want the aluminum rail, it would be about $300-$400 savings. However, if you add it later, it would cost about $500.
Does anyone have a pix without the aluminum rails and with to compare?
Hi, on this same page you can see post both. The post with fish is with the black rails, the car is the tenorite grey, and you will find a white GLK 5 post down which has the aluminium rails.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canadian GLK Owners