GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Canadian GLK Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK, CLK, CLS
Originally Posted by yualfred
GLK 2010, where did you put your VIN to find tracking info?
Hey yualfred...
I put it in the Cargo ID slot on this website:
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Let us know if u can't find it...
Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM

GLK 350 / Acura Integra GSR (2001) Crackenstein Engine
Originally Posted by Rorie
Your car will have been offloaded in Halifax on the 8th. Same day mine came into Halifax. It will get sent across the country by train, then to some depot at the end of the train ride. Then a few days later will be trucked to the dealership.

Once they off load the Canadian cars in Halifax, they then continue down the eastern seaboard dropping off US Spec cars.

Cars coming off the ship in Halifax that are being sent here because someone already ordered it are given a RUSH sticker, and are supposed to be loaded on the train before any other cars being sent over. So basically if you pre-order a car, it should be given priority to the ones being sent here to be sold once on the lot.

I am dealing with Mercedes Benz Durham in Whitby, Ontario. They've been great at sending me info, and keeping me up to date. I had my VIN the same day it was "locked" into the production cycle. Mercedes Benz dealerships must have your VIN at this point, and their Netstar system will tell them the VIN and where the car is.

I would think you should be in your car before the end of the month.

R
Hey guys I ordered my GLK on Jan 25/09. Was told that my car would be produced first week of Feb/09. They told me that I would receive my car at the end of March. It is now April 13/09 and I dont have my VIN or any updates from MB. I am dealing with Lonestar MB in Calgary. I have also asked them about knocking the price down and they wont budge. I told them that people on the east coast are getting an average of $2000 knocked off the purchase price and they play it off like I am in their words "misinformed" as "MB is not handing any deals out on the vehicle". I am seriously regretting buying the GLK due to the lack of service and communication. They were all into helping me before I gave them my deposit. Now that they have my money it seems that MB just dosent care anymore cuz they got a sale out of it.

It driving me
Old 04-13-2009, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Take deposit back and go to another dealer. You ordered the car that has not been delivered by certain time, so the dealer did not perfrom as promised.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:13 PM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Take deposit back and go to another dealer. You ordered the car that has not been delivered by certain time, so the dealer did not perfrom as promised.
+1
Old 04-13-2009, 04:34 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
+2 I would definitely have a serious chat, they have not delivered as per promise so can't hold you deposit. Find out what is the exact status, where is the car, call MB HQ as well to see if they can help. I feel for you, best of luck and keep us informed.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
+3

They do have your VIN if the car has been locked in the production system. It should have been made now. As I said, I ordered mine maybe the third week in Feb and mine is now on the train in Canada.

As I said, their system is called Netstar. They access if under your name at the dealership, and then it gives them the VIN and a status of where it is. Ask them to access your info and ask them to see the screen when they do it. If they say no, then definitely yank your deposit and go to someone who wants your business.

$2,000 is I think what most people are now getting off the car. I did. And they did not even bat an eye as this seems to be the best you can get. But it also seems a lot of people who ordered from Feb and on got about the same amount, or a little less. There is no "misinformed" about it.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM

2012 ML-350 BT
At least you have the good fortune of having three dealerships in Calgary... only one here in Halifax. When I negotiated for my new vehicle last month, I told my sales person that I was seeing deals with a certain discount rates from this specific board. He told me he went and looked and he "sharpenned his pencil".

I agree with the others... if they do not want to give you a VIN... pull the plug on this dealership.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM

2007 Volvo S80
Originally Posted by emesap43
At least you have the good fortune of having three dealerships in Calgary... only one here in Halifax. When I negotiated for my new vehicle last month, I told my sales person that I was seeing deals with a certain discount rates from this specific board. He told me he went and looked and he "sharpenned his pencil".

I agree with the others... if they do not want to give you a VIN... pull the plug on this dealership.

Good fortune, that is why Canadian businesses usually act as if they are doing customers a favour during a transaction.

Demand service and if a business fails to deliver, take your transaction elsewhere.

Notice that Canadian buyers on this forum only take about discount off MSRP and appear to to be scared to even mention how much they paid for their cars or the selling dealership.

Contrast with the Americans who freely discuss their purchase price and relevant discounts.

We need to demand more from our businesses and stop accepting sub par services.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:19 PM

GLK, CLK, CLS
Originally Posted by Rorie
+3

They do have your VIN if the car has been locked in the production system. It should have been made now. As I said, I ordered mine maybe the third week in Feb and mine is now on the train in Canada.

As I said, their system is called Netstar. They access if under your name at the dealership, and then it gives them the VIN and a status of where it is. Ask them to access your info and ask them to see the screen when they do it. If they say no, then definitely yank your deposit and go to someone who wants your business.

$2,000 is I think what most people are now getting off the car. I did. And they did not even bat an eye as this seems to be the best you can get. But it also seems a lot of people who ordered from Feb and on got about the same amount, or a little less. There is no "misinformed" about it.
Hey Rorie,
How do you know yours is on the train already? As I told u before, I bought mine in mid Feb as well, & we concluded that our cars were on the same ship. Anyways, when I put in the VIN, the latest status for me is still "discharged" in Halifax...does the VIN only track it until it's off the ship?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by GLK 2010
Hey Rorie,
How do you know yours is on the train already? As I told u before, I bought mine in mid Feb as well, & we concluded that our cars were on the same ship. Anyways, when I put in the VIN, the latest status for me is still "discharged" in Halifax...does the VIN only track it until it's off the ship?

yea once its off the boat.. that tracking system is no longer useful.
I wish there was a tracking system from the port to the dealer.

Spoke with the dealer this afternoon and he said its still marked as Rail in the system.. so its been on the train for over a week now.. wtf is going on! Starting to loose faith that it wont be here for Friday..

Last edited by fishsriz; 04-14-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM

2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
Originally Posted by fishsriz
I wish there was a tracking system from the port to the dealer.
You can't track the car yourself once off the ship. After it's off the ship, you have to call your dealership and ask them to look at their Netstar system and let you know where it is. You do not need to have the VIN. It is under your name on the dealership's system. The dealership is given the VIN when the car is locked into the system just prior to being made. If the car has been made, it has a VIN. If it has a VIN, it IS 100% on the Netstar system. It is all integrated.

I suspect those being told they don't have a VIN are being told that so that they cannot track the car at all. If they cannot track the car, they won't know it's sitting somewhere here, and won't be bugging the dealership as to why it is sitting in a train yard for a week somewhere.

I was told once the car reaches Halifax, it is two to three weeks for delivery. Most said probably two weeks. One week once it has arrived at the train yard. This weeks allows it to get on the truck, get to the dealership, and be prepped. When you consider the train yard in my case is less than an hour away from the dealership, it means reasonably the car sitting or waiting somewhere most of the time.

All that matters to me is I know my dealership in Whitby is doing their best to get it to me as quickly as they can. They've been great to deal with, and keep providing me what ever info they have. I will definitely be buying another one from them again.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:11 PM

I just came from the dealership..
the truck was off the boat on the 4th.. was on the train on the 7th and still says rail...
im getting impatient mostly cause I want it to be here but also that the system still says RAIL. this is the slowest *** train in the world.. lol

Dealer told me friday and repeated that again today..

who knows!!??
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM

GLK 350
the truck was off the boat on the 4th.. was on the train on the 7th and still says rail...
im getting impatient mostly cause I want it to be here but also that the system still says RAIL. this is the slowest *** train in the world.. lol

who knows!!??
Fish I bet the wait is still killing ya eh... Did they get you a loaner, since your lease was up??
Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 PM

its brutal man..
they said " they had to many loners out already" so they rented me a Volvo S40.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by SSFinest
Hey guys I ordered my GLK on Jan 25/09. Was told that my car would be produced first week of Feb/09. They told me that I would receive my car at the end of March. It is now April 13/09 and I dont have my VIN or any updates from MB. I am dealing with Lonestar MB in Calgary. I have also asked them about knocking the price down and they wont budge. I told them that people on the east coast are getting an average of $2000 knocked off the purchase price and they play it off like I am in their words "misinformed" as "MB is not handing any deals out on the vehicle". I am seriously regretting buying the GLK due to the lack of service and communication. They were all into helping me before I gave them my deposit. Now that they have my money it seems that MB just dosent care anymore cuz they got a sale out of it.

It driving me

HERE IS THE UPDATE

Ok so I emailed MB Canada April 13. I told them about what was going on with my GLK order. They forwarded my email to my dealership and my sales guy contacted me frist thing Apri 14th. Funny how I called him on the 13th and left a message to talk to him but he never returned my call. MB Canada supplied me with my VIN in the email that they sent me. They also told me that my GLK was on the train to Calgary and that it should be at the dealer by the end of this week or early next week. In my email I asked for my deposit back and MB canada said "we are unable to authorize the return of your deposit. This is a dealer related case." So when I was talking to my sales guy I told him I wasnt satisfied with his service and demanded my deposit back, he said that that was not an option. So I am stuck with the GLK (which I do want BUT this whole process has just made the purchase sour). The reason as to why my GLK took so long is that my prod date was pushed back to March prod somehow. He told me that he contacted me on March 9th to let me know that but I honestly would of remembered that phone call. I told him that but he had a print out of every time he called me or I talked to him regarding questions that I had about the GLK. Personally when some one calls to let me know that they have no info on my vehicle, I dont classify that as a "update call". So to put this bad situation to rest I hopefully will have my GLK by April 22nd the latest.

I should of just bought the LEXUS RX350!! hahaha I have no regrets about the GLK, my only regret is how things were handled. Like honestly I put my down payment on JAN 24, and I still havent received my vehicle. I totally think that they forgot to order my GLK and thats why its prod date was pushed back.

One day I will be my GLK!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:44 PM

GLK 350
its brutal man..
they said " they had to many loners out already" so they rented me a Volvo S40.
Its alright, at least you have a ride till you get yours eh. From another member you got his, it takes 10 Days once it arrives in Halifax. How many days has it been?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Baby G
Its alright, at least you have a ride till you get yours eh. From another member you got his, it takes 10 Days once it arrives in Halifax. How many days has it been?

I wish it was 10 days.. right now this is day 12 for me since it was unloaded.

heres the 4:30 update... spoke with the dealer and now its 50/50 if it will get to the dealer tomorrow.. It still says rail the in *** system and im really about to loose my cool.. I cant stand it when Im told a date and it doesnt make it on time..
I can deal with whatever date they give me 1 week 2 weeks etc.. but it looks like it going to turn into the MAYBE TOMORROW game..
Im reallty really really pissed now..
better service at *** Daewoo

Last edited by fishsriz; 04-16-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:59 PM

who knows!!??
My car is on the same train. On Thursday it said VDP - which means on the train. Just like yours.

I asked more about their system, and was told that even though I had my VIN when it was locked into production, sometimes they do not get the VINs on system til it is sent out of the plant and waiting to be picked up by the ship.

But still, the guy who had to get MB Canada involved to get his VIN, his dealership did have it since his car was already on the train in Canada. They would have had it for at least a couple of weeks.

Anyway, the Netstar system is an internal system which MB and the dealerships have access to. Although they do not get a lot of info, the status is basically broken down into the following:

1.Ordered
2.Locked in for production (scheduling)
3.On the line (being built)
4.Done
5.Out of the plant, waiting in the yard for the boat
6.On the boat with info as to expected arrival, and then is updated to say arrived at Halifax
7.VDP - not sure what this stands for but means it is on the train
8.to dealership - does not mean it is at the dealership, means it is off the train, and on a truck travelling to dealership.

I don't know if I have the first catagories bang on here, because it was explained to me and I just tried to keep to memory. But in a nutshell by catagory 5 here, they have the VIN. Normally, and like mine, they had it by the second catagory.

All I can say time and time again is Mercedes Benz Durham are excellent. They have been great at keeping me informed as to what is happening. When I've asked them questions (like can we still get aluminum roof rails), they either have the answer or find out the answer pretty fast. They did give me a discount without a lot of hassle. They are polite and professional to deal with. Next Merc I buy, it will definitely be from them. My sales rep is Kellee Pritchard. She is awesome!!

Rorie
Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by SSFinest
HERE IS THE UPDATE

Ok so I emailed MB Canada April 13. I told them about what was going on with my GLK order. They forwarded my email to my dealership and my sales guy contacted me frist thing Apri 14th. Funny how I called him on the 13th and left a message to talk to him but he never returned my call. MB Canada supplied me with my VIN in the email that they sent me. They also told me that my GLK was on the train to Calgary and that it should be at the dealer by the end of this week or early next week. In my email I asked for my deposit back and MB canada said "we are unable to authorize the return of your deposit. This is a dealer related case." So when I was talking to my sales guy I told him I wasnt satisfied with his service and demanded my deposit back, he said that that was not an option. So I am stuck with the GLK (which I do want BUT this whole process has just made the purchase sour). The reason as to why my GLK took so long is that my prod date was pushed back to March prod somehow. He told me that he contacted me on March 9th to let me know that but I honestly would of remembered that phone call. I told him that but he had a print out of every time he called me or I talked to him regarding questions that I had about the GLK. Personally when some one calls to let me know that they have no info on my vehicle, I dont classify that as a "update call". So to put this bad situation to rest I hopefully will have my GLK by April 22nd the latest.

I should of just bought the LEXUS RX350!! hahaha I have no regrets about the GLK, my only regret is how things were handled. Like honestly I put my down payment on JAN 24, and I still havent received my vehicle. I totally think that they forgot to order my GLK and thats why its prod date was pushed back.

One day I will be my GLK!!!
Congrats on finally knowing where things are. Hopefully your future experiences will be much better than what you have received. Best of luck and post pics upon delivery
Old 04-20-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Baby G
Congrats on finally knowing where things are. Hopefully your future experiences will be much better than what you have received. Best of luck and post pics upon delivery

Will do!!! Sometime this week is what I was told!! I cant wait!! hahahaha Its almost been 90 days.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:48 PM

GLK, CLK, CLS
Finally got a call from my dealer a couple days ago...he said it usually takes it to get here 2 weeks after it arrives in Halifax. However, recently it's been taking about 3 weeks...anyways, 15 more days to go for me...I'm trying my very best to drag myself through the next 15 days...it's been downright brutal, but I'm almost there!! haha...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 AM

It will finally be in my hands tomorrow at 6... I will post pics!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:17 AM

GLK 350
It will finally be in my hands tomorrow at 6... I will post pics!
Congrats Fish, best of luck. Just wanted to give you the heads up Sean another member on the site, has HID installed for about 500. Check his thread
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Baby G .. I read that last night.. I have been doing some research of my own also, checking all of the options.. thats for the heads up!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 PM

2010 GLK, Steel Grey, Premium Package
Originally Posted by jpjolo
I tracked mine here.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Tracking is under the Customer Centre menu, under Track & Trace

Enter the VIN Number in the Cargo ID.
I finally got my VIN from my dealer and was told the status is 'on water'. However when I tried to track it, it says 'no record found'. I've been trying for the last three days but always got the same message. I don't know what's wrong with it. I ordered mine in mid-March. Is it possible it's already in Halifax or it's not on the ship yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canadian GLK Owners