GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Excellent Deal on GLK in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz GLK; Black; Appearance Package; Multimedia Package; Panorama Roof;
Excellent Deal on GLK in Los Angeles

Hey Everyone

I wanted to let you guys know of a really great deal at Calstar Mercedes in Glendale CA.
I just bought my GLK a few weeks ago. I got $4500 off the sticker price.
1.9% APR
Look for HAMID

We visited ALL the mercedes benz dealers in LA area and Calstar gave us the most competitve price

Other dealers could not even match the price at Calstar

Remember ask for Hamid

You can tell him that Marc told you so, if you like

Last edited by MadLorGLK; 03-22-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Post pics Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
That's what my sales guy gave me, 46.8k car for 42.3k with 1.9% for 66 months. Let's just hope this does not change when I actually go back to order the car. This was Benzel-Busch in Edgewater NJ and the guy was Luis Gallo. After that deal I didn't need to go to any other dealership, and the service has been the best after going to Audi, BMW, Infiniti and Lexus. Guys at infiniti were a joke trying to sell 9% 72 month financing.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM

528i, GLK
I started in Jan, when the car was only 500 below invoice but with 5.9%, 36 months. I waited and waited (partly is because I wasn't rdy yet) and now i'm about 1.6~1.7k below with 1.9% 66 month. Who knows what end of yr will bring, I bet even better deals.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
^^^You meant 500 bellow MSRP?

I'm not sure about end of the year being better. Many car manufacturers are adjusting their production to reduce supply, and you know what happens to the price and supply goes down. I honestly don't see if MB can go much lower than Invoice, and I doubt they will bring too many GLKs like ML's and not know what to do with them. There might be better deals on left overs by the end of the year, but you would have to to take what's left which might not be what your really want or need.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
^^^You meant 500 bellow MSRP?

I'm not sure about end of the year being better. Many car manufacturers are adjusting their production to reduce supply, and you know what happens to the price and supply goes down. I honestly don't see if MB can go much lower than Invoice, and I doubt they will bring too many GLKs like ML's and not know what to do with them. There might be better deals on left overs by the end of the year, but you would have to to take what's left which might not be what your really want or need.
While it is true that MB will adjust future supply, they have to move the inventory that is currently sitting on docks in Los Angeles. I don't know what the end of year will bring but I do know that deals right now are pretty good for a serious buyer.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by webada
I started in Jan, when the car was only 500 below invoice but with 5.9%, 36 months. I waited and waited (partly is because I wasn't rdy yet) and now i'm about 1.6~1.7k below with 1.9% 66 month. Who knows what end of yr will bring, I bet even better deals.
I just dont get it... the dealers are selling the cars below invoice? Your saying on a 2010 MY unit they are selling them at a loss. And you just bought one for $1600-$1700 below the dealer cost? The dealers are buying cars from MB and selling them for less then they paid? They are happy to be in bussiness and pay there own rent and employees + pay for you car? What is going on in the US? And what the hell is a 66 Month term? Lease or Finance?

Im very interested in hearing back.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
I think he meant 500 bellow MSRP, that was initial discount.

66 month is loan, I've never heard of lease longer than 39 months.

Also don't forget invoice is not dealer's cost. Dealers also get various volume discounts, and make money on service and parts, so dealers can sell bellow invoice and stay in business.

GLK is also made to attract first MB buyers, so MB can take a even 1k loss and get potential future customer.

As far as deals getting even better I doubt that because car manufacturers are adjusting supply and you know what happens to price when supply goes down. I'm sure there will be good deals on left overs, but you have to take what's left not what you might really want.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Thanks! I guess I just dont know the US market. No dealer cash here in Canada. At least not yet.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 PM

528i, GLK
yea, not only cash back, dealers in the US also gets target bonus. if a dealership sells more than x number of cars by quarter end, they get a factory bonus. In addition, dealers get additional money for providing a good service, remember those survey you get in the mail after a purchase? those are rated and bonuses are given accordingly.

A dealership makes money in many ways. in the US, cars are just not selling. WSJ said the entire US auto market plunged 41%, MB is no exception, hence the good deals, even if it is below invoice. remember, with financing, MB makes money on the interest as well....

and it was 500 below INVOICE, not MSRP.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:02 AM

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK; Black; Appearance Package; Multimedia Package; Panorama Roof;
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
I just dont get it... the dealers are selling the cars below invoice? Your saying on a 2010 MY unit they are selling them at a loss. And you just bought one for $1600-$1700 below the dealer cost? The dealers are buying cars from MB and selling them for less then they paid? They are happy to be in bussiness and pay there own rent and employees + pay for you car? What is going on in the US? And what the hell is a 66 Month term? Lease or Finance?

Im very interested in hearing back.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
yea, not only cash back, dealers in the US also gets target bonus. if a dealership sells more than x number of cars by quarter end, they get a factory bonus. In addition, dealers get additional money for providing a good service, remember those survey you get in the mail after a purchase? those are rated and bonuses are given accordingly.

A dealership makes money in many ways. in the US, cars are just not selling. WSJ said the entire US auto market plunged 41%, MB is no exception, hence the good deals, even if it is below invoice. remember, with financing, MB makes money on the interest as well....

and it was 500 below INVOICE, not MSRP.
Sorry but I have to say . GLK didn't not start at 500 bellow invoice. I don't know anybody here who bought one for bellow invoice even now. I find your statement VERY hard to believe. I'd have to hear some numbers on final deals.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:22 AM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Sorry but I have to say . GLK didn't not start at 500 bellow invoice. I don't know anybody here who bought one for bellow invoice even now. I find your statement VERY hard to believe. I'd have to hear some numbers on final deals.
There are many reason why such a number can be gotten, most importantly it involves taking an inventory that's in dealer's hand. There aren't much options on these cars now (in the US) so its not very hard to find one that you want, especially if you are into white, blk, steel gray, these are very popular colors.

i gave my numbers already, its posted. so i'm curious, what kind of numbers have you gotten?

Edit: didn't you post this

"got a price quote on 46.8k car for 42.5 plus 1.9% for 66 months. Gotta love recessions."

in another thread?

That number is below invoice.....

Last edited by webada; 03-24-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM

993 Twin Turbo
From experience, dealers often times have two invoices -- the invoice that is proudly shown to customers (when they are paying close to it) and the green sheet. I understand the 'green sheet' is what the dealers really pay for it.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
There are many reason why such a number can be gotten, most importantly it involves taking an inventory that's in dealer's hand. There aren't much options on these cars now (in the US) so its not very hard to find one that you want, especially if you are into white, blk, steel gray, these are very popular colors.

i gave my numbers already, its posted. so i'm curious, what kind of numbers have you gotten?

Edit: didn't you post this

"got a price quote on 46.8k car for 42.5 plus 1.9% for 66 months. Gotta love recessions."

in another thread?

That number is below invoice.....
According to cars.com
MSRP 46,975 (PP, MM, Heated Seats, Metallic, Lighting, Apperance, Ipod)
Invoice 43,749 (including dest charge)
minus 875 dest charge
Invoice price - 42,874
They sales guy quoted 42,362 - to me this is 500 bellow invoice. These deals were not out in January.

I'm guessing you count dest charge, I don't consider it part of the invoice price. Now I feel even better about the deal as I thought i was getting about invoice price.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:36 PM

528i, GLK
yes i consider dest charge as overall price. when MB negotiate its always price + tax/registration. that includes dest.

The spread of MB cars is 7%. anything beyond that is consider below invoice.

best quote i got was $46,105 MSRP, quoted $41,247, dest included.

either way, I'm hoping all of us can get a great deal, that's why I'm posting... there is no point to BS or lie.

Although Jan. is already past and pointless to talk about, i was offered that deal.
I have nothing to gain. You don't have to believe me.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
I just wanted to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I really thought it was a typo, as there was 500 coupon going around back in Jan. And some people have only vague idea of what prices are. Still surprised you had a deal on GLK for bellow invoice in Jan, but I'll take your word for it.

I think 7% is magic number not only for MB...I know for sure bimmer also uses it, and that's also the discount you get with ED.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM

GLK
Im a car broker in LA.

I got mine for about 400 over invoice. About 5000 off msrp. No matter what state your in, dont let them charge more than 500 over invoice. Most MBZ/BMW dealers dont mind letting a car go for 500 over invoice, its all about getting out units. Keep in mind that all the options (lighting, appearance, premium, NAV) are priced at MSRP and have invoice pricing as well. The 1.9% is a special for march but could go lower or higher in april. It seems to me that the demand for the GLK is rising now that more are being seen on the road.

Last edited by M-lights; 03-24-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
yep.

my guy said that it's also getting busier in general as ppl are getting the spring itch. I'm gonna try to lock into 1.9% this weekend. It sux that if end up ordering the car i wont see it till mid June, as next production starts mid may. Oh well, won't have time for it untill June anyways.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
I just bought one today to be delivered on Friday. I didn't have to push to hard to get $2,000 off along with a generous trade value for my 140,000 mile MDX. Looked hard at the Q5 as well but the 18" wheels and not having 1.9% financing killed that idea.

I'll let you guess what color.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
^^^Nice C63 and congrats on GLK. Is it the same color to match 63?

If you get PP and MM packages you get 2k off. But dealers a willing to take another 2-2.5k off.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:02 AM

993 Twin Turbo
Still deciding, Q5 or GLK -- they both are modern cars with fresh styling and technology. Hard one.

Best deal I have on the table, GLK white/black P01, heated seats, NAV no running boards lease for 3500 drive offs, 39 month, 12k/yr miles, 590/month with tax. Not sure if this is the best, but seems ok for MSRP of $45k and change.

Your thoughts?

Q5, all things being equal, about $16 more monthly.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 AM

GLK
Originally Posted by Rennsport
Still deciding, Q5 or GLK -- they both are modern cars with fresh styling and technology. Hard one.

Best deal I have on the table, GLK white/black P01, heated seats, NAV no running boards lease for 3500 drive offs, 39 month, 12k/yr miles, 590/month with tax. Not sure if this is the best, but seems ok for MSRP of $45k and change.

Your thoughts?

Are they charging you MSRP? If so,you can get them to lower it drastically. Lots of members on this board have gotten thousands off MSRP. Mine was Blk/Blk, P1, Nav, Heated seats, rear tvs, appearance, running boards for less than 45k. If you can get the 1.9% and put a little more down, you might be able to get a payment not much more than the 590. You wouldn't have to worry about mileage too.

If leasing is still better for your situation, it sounds like a good deal. Just make sure you aren't paying full MSRP.

As for the Q5, I haven't driven one. Take the one that you feel drives best. If you only plan on keeping it short term, reliability and durability shouldn't be a concern.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by Rennsport

Your thoughts?

Makes no sense to me why would anybody lease it. My deal was 47 msrp plus 2600 extra warranty minus 4500 disscount minus 8000 trade in at 1.9% for 66 months came to 630 including fees and taxes.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 PM

993 Twin Turbo
Leasing for us makes the most sense as we dont keep cars for more than three years, typically. Also, leasing is depreciation insurance for us. Nothing worse than trying to sell or trade in a car that is worth so much less than what one owes.

This isnt near MSRP, dealers says below invoice. In the end, the monthly outlay is what matters to us. I dont care if the car is 50% over msrp, as long as the monthly costs are fair, that is what it is.

Sad part is my wife and I shopped Acura, Honda and others trying to find a car for her that is in the $300-$400 range -- trouble is, residuals on these types of cars are generally lower netting the same or in Acura's case, higher monthly costs.

The other night we sat down at an Acura dealer. The MDX while pretty nice, it was just too wide of a car. Interior is very Japanese with cheap feeling switchgear etc. So we drove an RDX as the size of it was more appropriate. MSRP is $37k pretty loaded. Payment came out to us at $698 plus tax!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!

Honda's CRV with leather and NAV (no bluetooth or memory seating) has a sticker of near $30K -- payment $456 plus tax -- more LOLOLOLOL!! For a hundred and change more a month, what would you do? GLK or Q5 are right there. Freakin hilarious to be honest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Excellent Deal on GLK in Los Angeles