GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Philips Xenon for my GLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
That pic is with the xenons and parking lite on, when your looking head on it looks sick, like an evil face coming at ya. The problem with real LED's and mercedes is that they set of the alerts on the dash. I looked into it before I did anything. I'm debating on whether to go with some AMG stuff or Brabus. If I go with an AMG theme, like rims, peddles, badging, etc, then I'll do the fog lite conversion to full HID's and call it a day! If I go with a Brabus theme, rims, bumper, etc, then that LED strip is going where the HID's would. Brabus gives u a choice, either 2 round fogs and the LED strip, or just the LED's! I'd opt for just the LED's. Ahhh decisions, decisions! We'll see how I decide to roll in the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:25 AM

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK; Black; Appearance Package; Multimedia Package; Panorama Roof;
Originally Posted by Sean76NYC
That pic is with the xenons and parking lite on, when your looking head on it looks sick, like an evil face coming at ya. The problem with real LED's and mercedes is that they set of the alerts on the dash. I looked into it before I did anything. I'm debating on whether to go with some AMG stuff or Brabus. If I go with an AMG theme, like rims, peddles, badging, etc, then I'll do the fog lite conversion to full HID's and call it a day! If I go with a Brabus theme, rims, bumper, etc, then that LED strip is going where the HID's would. Brabus gives u a choice, either 2 round fogs and the LED strip, or just the LED's! I'd opt for just the LED's. Ahhh decisions, decisions! We'll see how I decide to roll in the next couple of weeks.
I know exactly what you talking about, the dash error messages
I was able to get LED's that did not result in these errors

i cant wait to see your brabus stuff (you doing big things)
If I had the dough I would definitely go with brabus all the way, their 2 fog lights with the LED's look awesome on the GLK
Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by MadLorGLK
I know exactly what you talking about, the dash error messages
I was able to get LED's that did not result in these errors

i cant wait to see your brabus stuff (you doing big things)
If I had the dough I would definitely go with brabus all the way, their 2 fog lights with the LED's look awesome on the GLK

I'm just being real patient right now, only because the GLK is so new and new things and modifications will start popping up all over in due time. I'm really liking the Brabus look right now though, really gives the truck an aggressive look. Your Rims give the truck a truly serious look, kudos on those! As for those LED's u used, what make were they? And if convenient post some eye candy!!

Last edited by Sean76NYC; 05-21-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 AM

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK; Black; Appearance Package; Multimedia Package; Panorama Roof;
I'm just being real patient right now, only because the GLK is so new and new things and modifications will start popping up all over in due time. I'm really liking the Brabus look right now though, really gives the truck an aggressive look. Your Rims give the truck a truly serious look, kudos on those! As for those LED's u used, what make were they? And if convenient post some eye candy!!
Smart move, thats exactly what I should be doing.

I will post pics soon

Here is the website, just email the owner ERic, I actually went to his shop today and he had tons of LED's they look perfect with the HID's

I think I used the SDM no error OBC parking lights I will check my receipt tomorrow

He will sell me fog light HID's for $150 installed, I will post pics when done

Here's the link
http://www.ijdmtoy.com/
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Smart move, thats exactly what I should be doing.

I will post pics soon

Here is the website, just email the owner ERic, I actually went to his shop today and he had tons of LED's they look perfect with the HID's

I think I used the SDM no error OBC parking lights I will check my receipt tomorrow

He will sell me fog light HID's for $150 installed, I will post pics when done

Here's the link
http://www.ijdmtoy.com/

Great site, just checked it out! From looking at there selection I'm guessing you went with the 194's with the built in load resistors. Let me ask you, do u have any errors coming up? And do they burn more white or more blue in your opinion. Also did he do those bulbs above the main lights (the orange ones) not the turn signals, one's right above the main beam? If so, which lights did he use?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Great site, just checked it out! From looking at there selection I'm guessing you went with the 194's with the built in load resistors. Let me ask you, do u have any errors coming up? And do they burn more white or more blue in your opinion. Also did he do those bulbs above the main lights (the orange ones) not the turn signals, one's right above the main beam? If so, which lights did he use?

No errors now but when I was replacing the bulb I had to play around with them alot and I was getting errors during the install

but I love them now, they are more white but they also have blue led's as well (I think)

talk to Eric, he'll know what to get for you
Old 05-24-2009, 07:56 AM

2016 C450 AMG
New signature pic has my lights just about fully done. Just a rundown, main headlights are a Philips Xenon kit (8000k), parking lights are a 194 blue xenon bulb, and I just changed the top corner eyebrow light to the same 194 blue xenon bulb. Still deciding if I'm going to go ahead and change the directional bulbs as well.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM

GLK350- Sport pkg, Navi and HK
Can someone please tell me what the bulb style number is for the headlights? and also the Fog lights? thanks!!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM

H11 for the for lights (pretty sure about this one)

H7 for low beams (double check just in case)
Old 05-25-2009, 03:57 PM

528i, GLK
H11 for the for lights (pretty sure about this one)

H7 for low beams (double check just in case)
I can confirm H7 for the low beams.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:08 PM

528i, GLK
So not sure if I should start another thread but I've decided to try out some bulbs before putting in a xenon kit,

Using Philip x-treme power H7 for the low beams and the store also threw in eyebrow blub, w5w.

overall, I would have to say its not as impressive as Seany's HID kit, color didn't change much, except for brightness. so if you are looking for that 8000k tint without sacrificing lights, go with the HID kit.
Attached Thumbnails Philips Xenon for my GLK-img_0524.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM

GLK350
I know this is a older thread but i'm new here and just picked up my GLK a week ago. I am definitely going to install the HID conversion kit but which lights do most of you change out, the running lights (outermost lights) or regular hi/lows (innermost)? I can't figure out if it's best to do them all or just one or the other. thanks for any help
Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
welcome to the forum. Judging by the quesiton you need to do more research.

If you install HID there is only one light to change out, the main one (hi/low beams). Also consider that lens for Halogen bulbs are not the same as for bi-xenons. Also HID kit is not just replacing bulbs, you also have to install balasts and hook them to the wiring.

You can just do what webada did and get different H7 bulbs, that should be easy to replace.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 AM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Getting to the main bulbs (and all the MB bulbs in my opinion) is the problem, very hard to reach but it can be done. I ordered the HID kit online for $80 and had a local auto stereo installation store install them for $150.00. It was worth it to me. He had to make a hole in the cover to fit the bulb from behind but he did a great job. I have had zero problems.

You can order any HID kit conversion kit you want as long as it comes with the ballast you won't get the error message. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Philips Xenon for my GLK-pb160018.jpg   Philips Xenon for my GLK-pb180023.jpg