GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Need 320 multimedia pkg to use ipod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pantera, BMW Z3 coupe, Subaru outback, expedition
Need 320 multimedia pkg to use ipod?

Getting ready to order (or locate) GLK 350 and looks like you need the 320 Multimedia pkg then get the adapters to use an ipod... or is there away around that? Spendy option and would rather have leather...

thanks...
cathy
Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Welcome to the forum. Couple of things, there are two ipod interfaces one for car with Multimedia package and one for car without one. There were several discussions on the differences, just do a search in this forum, or skim through a few pages and you will find them.

I think MM package is well worth it for the premium sound, decent navigation, that now comes with sirius traffic updates, and rear view camera.

Also I'd recommened skiping leather, MB-Tex (fake leather) in MB's is pretty good, do a search and you'll find that majority of MB's don't have real leather.

Also consider adding your location in the profile, as there are US and Canadian members here and GLKs vary slightly between the two countries.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
I have those expensive cables but it means having your ipod in the glove box da.

I got me one of those IPod FM transmitter things, not expecting too much. Its fantastic. Well it sounds great and charges the Ipod something that expensive cable does not do. I can also use the Iphone since its right in front of me so I can play the iturne videos or stream video from the internet.

I thought it was dumb of MB to offer that cigi lighter in that slide drawer at the top of the gear selector but its the perfect place for one of these cradle iPod holders.

I got it on sale $8.88 its normally $39.99 one of those crazy Canadian Tire Sales. I mentioned it to some others and I think I got another 4 sold

Ok I really got to stop using thse Smilies
Old 08-27-2009, 12:28 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Leslielp
I have those expensive cables but it means having your ipod in the glove box da.

I got me one of those IPod FM transmitter things, not expecting too much. Its fantastic. Well it sounds great and charges the Ipod something that expensive cable does not do. I can also use the Iphone since its right in front of me so I can play the iturne videos or stream video from the internet.

I thought it was dumb of MB to offer that cigi lighter in that slide drawer at the top of the gear selector but its the perfect place for one of these cradle iPod holders.

I got it on sale $8.88 its normally $39.99 one of those crazy Canadian Tire Sales. I mentioned it to some others and I think I got another 4 sold

Ok I really got to stop using thse Smilies
Leslie can you let me know which transmitter it is since I really want to transmit video, or stream from the internet to the NAV screen.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Baby G, I think he is talking about streaming videos on his iphone from the internet not on the Nav itself.

What FM tranmitter does is just streams music on FM radio wave, which is cought by FM Radio on your GLK. I'm surprized that thing is any good, as they used to be aweful (it is just like listening to radio in the end).

How come you guys don't use PCMCIA adapter? I just got 16G SD card for 45 bux and adapter itself was 20 bux from ebay, and it works like a charm. I'm gonna try to see if videos would play off of it.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:23 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Baby G, I think he is talking about streaming videos on his iphone from the internet not on the Nav itself.

What FM tranmitter does is just streams music on FM radio wave, which is cought by FM Radio on your GLK. I'm surprized that thing is any good, as they used to be aweful (it is just like listening to radio in the end).

How come you guys don't use PCMCIA adapter? I just got 16G SD card for 45 bux and adapter itself was 20 bux from ebay, and it works like a charm. I'm gonna try to see if videos would play off of it.
Come to think of it I dont konw what I was thinking... Thanks NYC, let me know if video playback works...
Old 08-28-2009, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Just tried putting videos onto SD card, and GLK doesn't see them. I kinda knew it would not work. I doubt it's possible to stream it from ipod either.

However, I finally tried playing movie DVD, pretty cool, esp. with the premium surround sound. The DVD I tried two DVD players don't recognize, but GLK did. Too bad when you take gear out of park when car is running picture goes away (sound is still there tho), not that I would watch a movie on a trip but my passenger might want too.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 CLA 250 4Matic Black
Baby G, the device does allow you to stream from the internet while driving, I guess that not too safe. The model I got transmits on 3 channels 88.1 88.3 and 88.5. In Toronto I can only use the 88.1 otherwise the radio signal is occupied and you hear cross chatter/music. The fidelity is better than I had expected, especially at that price. If you live in Canada check it out at Canadian Tire it will prob go on sale again.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 AM

GLK 350
Thanks Leslie, I'll check out canadian tire...