GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK arrived at Halifax.. How long till it reaches me?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
GLK arrived at Halifax.. How long till it reaches me?

I tracked my GLK and it got discharged at Halifax today. I live in Edmonton. Anyone around edmonton, or in the Alberta area know how long it generally takes to take delivery?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM

GLK 350
Hey not in Alberta, but it took 3 weeks for the car to get to oakville, Ontario once it got discharged from Halifax. Best of luck and post pics on delivery.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 AM

C63
Ohh alright thanks! I'm probably guessing another 4-5 weeks.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:09 PM

GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by EdenGLK
I tracked my GLK and it got discharged at Halifax today.
How did you track your GLK? I have ordered one in mid-August and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:30 PM

C63
Originally Posted by emesap43
I found this site while digging in my archive:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp
From there choose "Track & Trace" from the "Customer Tools" drop-down list.

If you use the VIN in the "CARGO ID", you will get tracking status info from the time the vehicle is booked in Bremen to the time it's release by the liner at the port of arrival.
Original thread https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...c-journey.html

Hope it all goes well
Old 09-04-2009, 12:55 AM

2010 GLK350 4matic
EdenGLK,

When did you order your GLK ?

I ordered mine back in July 16 and the salesman say my GLK should be ready for pickup in the 1st week of October. It is a month away and he still didn't give me a VIN# yet. I am getting a bit worried.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:26 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Matsqui
EdenGLK,

I ordered mine back in July 16 and the salesman say my GLK should be ready for pickup in the 1st week of October. It is a month away and he still didn't give me a VIN# yet. I am getting a bit worried.
No need to get worried. It takes a week across the Atlantic and it's more time on the train. I got my VIN a day before it was on the ship. What you can do is as him for the build order. You will get an ides when the production date is, and then you can do thx math on approximate delivery.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:02 AM

Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 2010 MB GLK 350
EdenGLK,

I ordered mine about a week after you did and was told that it would be in the Sept. production run. Assuming it's made Sept. 15 and 1 week to cross the ocean and 3 weeks by train from Halifax I'm hoping for delivery Oct 15, but Oct 31 most likely.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 AM

C63
EdenGLK,

Well I initially ordered my GLK in Feburary, but my dealership delayed it saying that if I wait until the end of June, I would get the aluminum roof rails (Canadian models can't get the roof rails due to "shortages"). Then the last week of June comes around and he says, "look, we couldn't get you the roof rails. We are going to order your GLK, so you can expect your GLK in the first week of September.".
I dunno about this, but he probably put the order in around the mid-july, so we could have gotten on the same batch of production orders.
My VIN number indicated that it was booked on the ship on July 30th, and shipped and loaded from Halifax today (September 3rd). If your lucky, we might be on the same train
Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 PM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
EdenGLK,

Yeah don't worry about not getting the VIN just yet. I went to the dealership today to finalize the deal and my sales guy couldn't pull up the VIN either, however, when I went to speak with the Business Manager, she was able to grab the VIN for me. So I only received my VIN today and it's supposed to arrive in Halifax on Sept. 8th. This is actually earlier than I thought.

I am in a rental now and I asked the dealership for a loaner for a few weeks until the GLK arrives. But it looks like this won't be necessary as apparently they have this "RUSH" service. When it arrives in Halifax, my GLK will be on a truck / train to Toronto the day the ship arrives. Dealer said it would take about a week. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Old 09-05-2009, 01:18 AM

2010 GLK350 4matic
Thanks everyone.....you guys/gals make me feel better.

When I ordered back July 16. The salesperson said it will make the August build (approx 6 - 8 weeks for build and 4 weeks for shipping). He said the worst case it will be mid Oct. But it should be sooner. I don't know much about building cars, but does it really take up to 8 weeks ? Every time I see a GLK on the road, I picture myself driving mine.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Good luck with your new GLK. The perfect suv for the Canadian winter. Greeting from hot and sunny Florida.....Frank
Old 09-05-2009, 04:02 PM

2010 GLK350 4matic and my favorite Vintage 1982 PK Ripper Looptail
I also ordered mine in July. One more month till arrival.....can't wait anymore.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM

I ordered in mid July. I spoke with my salesman today and asked for an update. He said the GLK is at the Germany port waiting to be shipped (roughly one week to cross the Atlantic). When it reaches Halifax, it will be another 3 weeks via train to Vancouver. So, I will have to wait till mid Oct. He also said sales of the GLK is crazy and any new orders now will be Jan 2010 (4 months wait time).
Old 09-11-2009, 05:30 PM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
My sales guy sent me an email yesterday (Sept. 10) to let me know the GLK was off loaded on the 9th in Halifax and it's on a train to Toronto already. ETA is mid-late next week.

I also heard that GLK's ordered in Aug / Sept will have to wait until Jan for delivery...MB Canada sales continue to be extremely strong. I'm just glad they didn't bump the rates on me, everything is the same as it was when I did the original order back in early July.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 PM

When I signed my papers in mid July, the rate was 3.9% at the time. The saleman said it should be similar when I pick up in Oct. But I don't see any special rate offered for the GLK at the MB special promo website anymore. It was advertized in July & Aug. I hope they honor the same 3.9% when I pick up.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 PM

Nissan Murano
Originally Posted by zelko
My sales guy sent me an email yesterday (Sept. 10) to let me know the GLK was off loaded on the 9th in Halifax and it's on a train to Toronto already. ETA is mid-late next week.

I also heard that GLK's ordered in Aug / Sept will have to wait until Jan for delivery...MB Canada sales continue to be extremely strong. I'm just glad they didn't bump the rates on me, everything is the same as it was when I did the original order back in early July.
Zelko, I think our glk are on the same boat (should be ship). mine also off load on Sept 9, any my sales guy told me would take 2-3weeks.

However, I ordered mine in mid aug, and I don't need to wait until Jan.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 PM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by GLKster
When I signed my papers in mid July, the rate was 3.9% at the time. The saleman said it should be similar when I pick up in Oct. But I don't see any special rate offered for the GLK at the MB special promo website anymore. It was advertized in July & Aug. I hope they honor the same 3.9% when I pick up.
In the fine print it clearly states the finance or lease rate is on time of delivery... I don't think they will give you 3.9% fianace if thats not the current rate...
Old 09-12-2009, 07:28 PM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
Originally Posted by Baby G
In the fine print it clearly states the finance or lease rate is on time of delivery... I don't think they will give you 3.9% fianace if thats not the current rate...
MB told me the same, you get the rates locked in @ delivery. Everything up until that point is an estimate. MB did also indicate there could be some wiggle room if the rates substantially changed...either way its moot for me now anyway considering the rates are the same as when I ordered back in July...
Old 09-14-2009, 04:26 PM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe

Now how is this for quick turnaround...my GLK just arrived at the Maple MB location!! Pick-up is scheduled for Thursday this week!!...Can't wait!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM

Nissan Murano
Now how is this for quick turnaround...my GLK just arrived at the Maple MB location!! Pick-up is scheduled for Thursday this week!!...Can't wait!
Hooray! I think my GLK also off the same ship on Sept 9 as yours, Since Markham and Maple are not too far apart, so I think I should get the call anytime. Can't Wait.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 2010 MB GLK 350
Matsqui, GLKster:

I see we are all in Vancouver and expecting delivery mid-Oct. Seeing that it takes about 4 weeks to get here we should have a VIN soon.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:01 PM

GLK 350
Congrats everyone here... I remember the waiting period (waited six months since we wanted Keyless Go). May these days go by fast for all you guys, since it is a painful wait. But at the end, on delivery its speechless (wait was well worth it).
Old 09-15-2009, 02:23 PM

2012 C350 2DR Coupe
Originally Posted by Baby G
Congrats everyone here... I remember the waiting period (waited six months since we wanted Keyless Go). May these days go by fast for all you guys, since it is a painful wait. But at the end, on delivery its speechless (wait was well worth it).
Thanks man...have you started looking at winter tires yet? It's getting close to that time of year...and if we trust the farmers almanac it's going to be a crazy winter!!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:42 PM

GLK 350
Thanks man...have you started looking at winter tires yet? It's getting close to that time of year...and if we trust the farmers almanac it's going to be a crazy winter!!
Yup looking at a tire and rim package. I am trying to see if we can get a group buy and see what I can get. Would people be interested in this? Want to see what's the interest so I can negotiate on the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLK arrived at Halifax.. How long till it reaches me?