GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Just Picked up my Steel Gray GLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350W4
Just Picked up my Steel Gray GLK

Just picked up my new Steel Grey/Black MB-TEX GLK-350 4matic. A Big thanks to everyone here that answered my questions. Loving the vehicle more and more as I drive it. I just traded in my wife's 2005 Acura RL and my 2008 Honda CRV for the GLK. Missing a few little things like a holder for the sunglasses, bigger rear view side mirrors, rear tilting mirrors when in R, but the change for me and my wife was like day and night. The Benz is very quiet and smooth.

Buying process was pretty good, price was $43,500+ tax. I forgot to negotiate the Running boards so they charged me $500 for installation. Total price came out to $44,000. Only thing I am gonna miss are the RL's HIDs.

I'll post some pictures of the Steel Grey this weekend since I have to go back to the dealer to get the mud guards/running boards installed.

Question:
1) Does anyone know where I can get the Rear Tailgate Chrome garnish (goes above the license plate) for less then the advertised $198?
-I feel that would complete the look of the car w/o needing to buy anymore chrome for the vehicle than it already has.

2) Does the GLK lock itself if I forget to lock it?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Banned

2010 GLK 350, Palladium, P01,Chrome inserts,running boards,Bi-Xenons,Multimedia,AMG Body&Wheels,Tow.
Welcome Aboard!

Congratulations...Mine arrived yesterday Palladium w/AMG Pkg etc..Detailed today. will be getting tinted and painted pin stripes tomorrow..MB forgot to install my Ipod, Dealer gace me the PMCIA card which I have to see if the music I downloaded will play in the car???, also back net,cargo cover,and tint N/C, and three OIL Change Coupons.. What are you talking about license plate trim???Also I have the running boards on the car, and I dont think you want to put the mud flaps on..they look terrible??? anyhow here is a pix of mine without tint or stripes..
Attached Thumbnails Just Picked up my Steel Gray GLK-downsized_0310001632a.jpg   Just Picked up my Steel Gray GLK-0310001632.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
looks good!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 AM

glk 350
Hey looks good congrats on ur new glk and welcome to the club!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 AM

GLK350 4Matic - Loaded
Originally Posted by GEMINIDAN
Congratulations...Mine arrived yesterday Palladium w/AMG Pkg etc..Detailed today. will be getting tinted and painted pin stripes tomorrow..MB forgot to install my Ipod, Dealer gace me the PMCIA card which I have to see if the music I downloaded will play in the car???, also back net,cargo cover,and tint N/C, and three OIL Change Coupons.. What are you talking about license plate trim???Also I have the running boards on the car, and I dont think you want to put the mud flaps on..they look terrible??? anyhow here is a pix of mine without tint or stripes..
amg package looks sweet!! congrats! I'll bet those fog lights look sharp at night!

can you post a picture of the rear bumper?

also, what do you mean about pin stripes?
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 PM

2010 GLK350W4
Thanks and Congrats to you too! Your GLK looks really good especially with the AMG wheels and LED DRLs.

The Chrome Rear Strip is what I am looking for. It is the bit of Chrome that ML's and GL's have on top of the license plate.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
The AMG pkg looks great.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:51 PM

2012 mercedes glk 350
Just bought a 2012 GLK 350 and there is no instruction as to how to mount the front license plate. I found the mount, but instructions.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by Borden
Just bought a 2012 GLK 350 and there is no instruction as to how to mount the front license plate. I found the mount, but instructions.

You'll have to drill 2 holes on the front bumper to mount the plate.
You can position it up/down a little bit but not side to side.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Pazbien,
Did you figure out the passenger rear view mirror tilt in reverse? Instructions are in the manual around page 99-100.
The mud flaps work. The best protection you can get for the lower portion of the GLK. You can't see them from the right location-behind the wheel.

Wayne
Old 12-18-2011, 09:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
Originally Posted by Borden
Originally Posted by venchka
Pazbien,
Did you figure out the passenger rear view mirror tilt in reverse? Instructions are in the manual around page 99-100.
The mud flaps work. The best protection you can get for the lower portion of the GLK. You can't see them from the right location-behind the wheel.

Wayne
To the newbie Borden, please read the sticky from MBRedux and search before you post. Thanks.

To Wayne: pasbien hasn't posted about this coming up on 2 years. Do you think he/she has figured it out yet? You sound like a real nice guy but I think we should rename this the venchka forum. Happy Holidays
Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
My bad. Dates slip by on my phone, too small. The mirror thing is somewhat obscure. I found it here on this forum. If someone else finds it here that is a good thing, no?

Wayne

Last edited by venchka; 12-19-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:42 AM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
My bad. Dates slip by on my phone, too small. The mirror thing is somewht obscure. I found it here on this forum. If someone else finds it here that is a good thing, no?

Wayne
Not every1 has time to search & the more public info - no matter how many times it gets repeated ad nauseaum - is REINFORCEMENT!!

Keep at it Wayne. Don't let the wannabe data servers police keep you from asking your questions or posting a comment.
They seem more North Korean than anything.
They tell you to search & then you get chastise for making an effort for the community.
They have fingers, they can choose not to click.

Last edited by MBNA109; 12-19-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM

GLK 350, 98 BMW 328is, M3
Originally Posted by pazbien
Just picked up my new Steel Grey/Black MB-TEX GLK-350 4matic. A Big thanks to everyone here that answered my questions. Loving the vehicle more and more as I drive it. I just traded in my wife's 2005 Acura RL and my 2008 Honda CRV for the GLK. Missing a few little things like a holder for the sunglasses, bigger rear view side mirrors, rear tilting mirrors when in R, but the change for me and my wife was like day and night. The Benz is very quiet and smooth.

Buying process was pretty good, price was $43,500+ tax. I forgot to negotiate the Running boards so they charged me $500 for installation. Total price came out to $44,000. Only thing I am gonna miss are the RL's HIDs.

I'll post some pictures of the Steel Grey this weekend since I have to go back to the dealer to get the mud guards/running boards installed.

Question:
1) Does anyone know where I can get the Rear Tailgate Chrome garnish (goes above the license plate) for less then the advertised $198?
-I feel that would complete the look of the car w/o needing to buy anymore chrome for the vehicle than it already has.

Thanks
here is the part, the chrome, stainless stell strip you talked about. I got mudflaps from them, cheapest around.

http://www.mbonlineparts.com/splash/...?siteid=215843

Last edited by DocPain; 12-19-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: miss spell
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 220 cdi - irridiumsilver
Originally Posted by pazbien

Question:

Thanks
1.You can look for some chrome parts at the following website : schaetztuning.de (see my picture at "chrome parts")
2. If you unlock the car with the remote control on the key and you do not touch anyting, the car locks itself after 30 sec. Otherwise you have to lock it always yourself.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by fragil
1.You can look for some chrome parts at the following website : schaetztuning.de (see my picture at "chrome parts")
2. If you unlock the car with the remote control on the key and you do not touch anyting, the car locks itself after 30 sec. Otherwise you have to lock it always yourself.

Unless he means when you are driving, in which case the car locks itself at 15 or 20 mph (I forget which...).
Old 12-19-2011, 08:57 PM

2010 GLK350W4
Pazbien,

Wayne
Thanks for the quick reference! I eventually figured it out but it took me awhile to read the manual. It has been a great 2 years of ownership, I really enjoy the car.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:00 PM

2010 GLK350W4
Originally Posted by DocPain
here is the part, the chrome, stainless stell strip you talked about. I got mudflaps from them, cheapest around.

http://www.mbonlineparts.com/splash/...?siteid=215843
This is really helpful. That is the lowest i've seen the chrome rear trim. Thanks!

Fragil, thanks for clarifying the locking mechanism as well, as I was use to my previous car locking itself even without me pressing the key fob.